News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on August 30, 2008, 09:15:23 AM
As far as I know, there are no plans to do anything further with this mod, since SMF 2.0 has the custom fields built in...   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

steiger

Hi kindred,
could you please comment on GL700Wings posting about the profile fields being cleared when switching themes.
If this is correct (and if this is implemented the same way in 2.0) then it is a major flaw.

matt_hardwick

I have added this mod.
I created a field called BOS.

Where can I find this in the database (i've looked in the members table and it's not there)? I need to run a php script against the database using this field.

Thanks.

steiger

Quote from: matt_hardwick on September 03, 2008, 03:53:32 PM
I have added this mod.
I created a field called BOS.

Where can I find this in the database (i've looked in the members table and it's not there)? I need to run a php script against the database using this field.
This was answered just a few postings ago.
smf_themes ist the place to look.

matt_hardwick

Quote from: steiger on September 03, 2008, 04:03:45 PM

That's a really daft place to put it IMO. I can't run anything against that very easily. *sigh*

steiger

Quote from: matt_hardwick on September 03, 2008, 04:08:02 PM
Quote from: steiger on September 03, 2008, 04:03:45 PM

There isn't anything in there other than information about my themes.
Did you enter data for a custom field?
Then you should have a row in smf_themes with the userid of this user, variable=<fieldname>, value=<value>

It's a table like any other table. Key is ID_MEMBER.
Where is your problem?

matt_hardwick

I wanted information in the user table. Never mind.

steiger

Quote from: matt_hardwick on September 03, 2008, 04:14:20 PM
I wanted information in the user table. Never mind.
I think the custom information should be stored in its own table. The smf_members belongs to the core SMF and IMHO should not be modified.

matt_hardwick

If it should have it's own table why isn't it in smf_customFields?

steiger

Quote from: matt_hardwick on September 03, 2008, 04:28:15 PM
If it should have it's own table why isn't it in smf_customFields?
Don't ask me, I'm not the creator or owner.

Kindred

ok...   At least in 2.0, the CPF data will NOT be deleted...

QuoteRemoveTheme() function deletes all the information saved on the smf_themes table about the theme being deleted. However, all the custom profile field settings are saved with the theme ID 1 which is SMF Core Default Theme ID. And admins cannot delete core theme.

Also if you change theme, i.e. you use Babylon instead,  the information will still be gathered, collected and kept.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

steiger

QuoteRemoveTheme() function deletes all the information saved on the smf_themes table about the theme being deleted. However, all the custom profile field settings are saved with the theme ID 1 which is SMF Core Default Theme ID. And admins cannot delete core theme.
This is also true for 1.1.5

Also if you change theme, i.e. you use Babylon instead,  the information will still be gathered, collected and kept.
But I haven't checked this.

Makaaveli

Help, i get a blank page when i go to "features and settings".

I am trying to install this on a custom theme, and the "Register.template.php" was not in it.

forummaker

Sorry for this question again. I've asked a similar question earlier on in the mod, but now I'd like to remove these colons from the register page. I was able to remove the colons from the forum post area (see attached), but I would like to remove them from the register page (see attached). There's 24 different instances of colons in the CustomeProfile.php and I'm not sure which ones to remove without creating major damage. Thanks in advance.

Kindred

I expect, in order to change the display on the register page, one should look in register.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Makaaveli

Quote from: Kindred on September 07, 2008, 09:59:02 AM
I expect, in order to change the display on the register page, one should look in register.template.php

hey kindred, do you know what the problem for me could be...

forummaker

Kindred,
I found this in the register.template.php
global $sourcedir;
require_once($sourcedir . '/CustomProfile.php');
RegistrationFields();
echo '
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

but, no colons that can be removed. hmmm...

forummaker

Quote from: bomdsquad on August 18, 2008, 12:54:51 AM
First off, kickass mod! Installed perfect, works perfect.

Second: how can i show the custom data in memberlist?
Thanks in advance.
I've searched for about 45 minutes and can't find the answer to this question. Also, I would like to remove the following from the memberlist: ICQ, AIM, YIM and MSN boxes and add my custom profiles. Any help with this would be great.

Kindred

forummaker:   removing/adding fields to the memberlist has been discussed... in general (around the forum), and in specific for this mod (in this very thread)

As I see now with that code, the function RegistrationFields is called...   so find THAT function in the other PHP file and find the : in there...

Makaaveli,
Sorry, I have no idea...   although a blank page is usually indicative of an error that was "trapped". Try turning off error catching and see what displays
Слaва
Украинi

dwd2000

Request:

I am using your "Custom Profile Field Mod" and it's great.

I am looking for a way to search the profile fields, both original and custom.

I am running a community site and would like members to be able to search other members.
I am using SMF 1.1.16

Any ideas?
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

Advertisement: