News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 18, 2006, 04:39:48 PM
*waits patiently for 2.13*

Just to be clear, any fields that I have made and entered info into will be gone when I install 2.13 or will they still be there?  (they seemed to stay last time)  I just wanted to check before I go ahead and tell people its safe to add stuff
It'll stay :)

Quote from: digit on April 18, 2006, 04:41:30 PM
Quote from: winrules on April 18, 2006, 04:36:58 PM
Quote from: digit on April 18, 2006, 04:35:07 PM
Quote from: winrules on April 18, 2006, 04:32:52 PM
You have to be logged in.

I am ALWAYS LOGGED IN!
What's the URL to your forum?

here it is...

http://www.treasurenet.com/f/

page I'm trying to get to print fields....

http://www.treasurenet.com/f/members.php
Your site won't load for me.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 18, 2006, 04:49:49 PM
YAY!  thanks  btw what other mod are you working on  ;)
A little moderation center thingy

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

lol ok I have no idea what that is :)

I forgot to say before that in your CPF mod, there are two options for placing the fields on posts - under images or under text - or something like that.

I moved the position of the avatars on my site as we like them under the member name so the 'put under image' option doesnt work.  That's my fault for moving the avatars but I just thought I would mention it

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 18, 2006, 05:05:32 PM
lol ok I have no idea what that is :)

I forgot to say before that in your CPF mod, there are two options for placing the fields on posts - under images or under text - or something like that.

I moved the position of the avatars on my site as we like them under the member name so the 'put under image' option doesnt work.  That's my fault for moving the avatars but I just thought I would mention it
what do you mean it doesn't work?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

if I select 'under post count' everything is ok, if I select 'next to images' nothing gets displayed after the members name, because I moved the avatars.

my posts look like

perplexed
Administrator

personal text

*<---- mutiple badge feature

putting under post count is fine, but putting 'next to images'  clears out that whole column from my name down so its blank

Like I said, its my fault for moving the avatar position and personal text but I just thought I would mention it

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 18, 2006, 05:33:41 PM
if I select 'under post count' everything is ok, if I select 'next to images' nothing gets displayed after the members name, because I moved the avatars.

my posts look like

perplexed
Administrator

personal text

*<---- mutiple badge feature

putting under post count is fine, but putting 'next to images'  clears out that whole column from my name down so its blank

Like I said, its my fault for moving the avatar position and personal text but I just thought I would mention it

ok, its not suposed to put it next to avatar, just next to messenger icons

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

Version 2.13 has been released! This version fixes several bugs. If you are getting errors like "Undefined Index: CP5_view", go to that field and click "recreate field". Note that you will have to change the field ID back if you have changed it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

yeah I know but thats the only reason I can think of that it wouldnt be working is that I moved the avatar and personal text positions.  I could probably take a screen shot of it in the morning if you wanted to see it.  On my test forum - where nothing has been moved - the CP field text sits next to the YIM, AIM icons

btw do you mean 2.13 is released?

QuotePosted on: Today at 10:53:17 PM Posted by: winrules 
Version 2.12 has been released! This version fixes several bugs. If you are getting errors like "Undefined Index: CP5_view", go to that field and click "recreate field". Note that you will have to change the field ID back if you have changed it.

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 18, 2006, 05:54:29 PM
yeah I know but thats the only reason I can think of that it wouldnt be working is that I moved the avatar and personal text positions.  I could probably take a screen shot of it in the morning if you wanted to see it.  On my test forum - where nothing has been moved - the CP field text sits next to the YIM, AIM icons

btw do you mean 2.13 is released?

QuotePosted on: Today at 10:53:17 PM Posted by: winrules 
Version 2.12 has been released! This version fixes several bugs. If you are getting errors like "Undefined Index: CP5_view", go to that field and click "recreate field". Note that you will have to change the field ID back if you have changed it.
ok.

I fixed my typo :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

uberjon

ok i upgaded. but i still get these errors.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  UberGold       Today at 06:01:24 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 70.16.94.194      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session aff7291a90038dba0083a7ba539dec42
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://koc.elitegaming.org/index.php?action=profile
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: CP3_view
File: /home/uberjon/public_html/koc/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (eval?)
Line: 316

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member UberGold    Today at 06:01:24 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 70.16.94.194      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session aff7291a90038dba0083a7ba539dec42
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://koc.elitegaming.org/index.php?action=profile
8: Undefined index: CP2_view
File: /home/uberjon/public_html/koc/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (eval?)

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member UberGold    Today at 06:01:24 PM
8: Undefined index: CP1_view

i have these mods installed

Mod Name     Version     
1.    Custom Profile Mod    2.13    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Karma Description Mod    1.9.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Users Online Today Mod    1.3.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Membergroup Color Legend    1.1

yes i got the errors in the last version :( i hope he gets a fix soon :D

winrules

Quote from: winrules on April 18, 2006, 05:53:17 PM
If you are getting errors like "Undefined Index: CP5_view", go to that field and click "recreate field". Note that you will have to change the field ID back if you have changed it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

digit

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

john109

I was going to uninstall 2.12 so that I could install 2.13 but I got this message.

Is there a way I can upgrade manually?  Is there a big difference between the two versions that I should upgrade or should I stay with 2.12.  If it ain't broke why fix it right?  :D

yutt

I'm having issues when trying to access "Features and Options" after installing 2.13.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in [...]/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 441

Here's what the code looks like in that area. Clearly something was not changed as intended in the file.

438: function ModifyKarmaSettings()
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc;
441: </operation>

<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
445: );

winrules

Quote from: digit on April 19, 2006, 03:49:48 AM
Quote from: winrules on April 18, 2006, 04:44:13 PM

http://www.treasurenet.com/f/
http://www.treasurenet.com/f/members.php

Your site won't load for me.

huh?  just no response?
it works now, could you pm me a test account?

Quote from: john109 on April 19, 2006, 07:31:37 AM
I was going to uninstall 2.12 so that I could install 2.13 but I got this message.

Is there a way I can upgrade manually?  Is there a big difference between the two versions that I should upgrade or should I stay with 2.12.  If it ain't broke why fix it right?  :D
theres no need to uninstall, you can just upgrade.

Quote from: yutt on April 19, 2006, 03:15:05 PM
I'm having issues when trying to access "Features and Options" after installing 2.13.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in [...]/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 441

Here's what the code looks like in that area. Clearly something was not changed as intended in the file.

438: function ModifyKarmaSettings()
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc;
441: </operation>

<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
445: );

There were some major issues with the install package, could you please uninstall that package, redownload it, and then install again?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Nomina

I experienced similar troubles regarding the ModSettings.php changes.  Has the install package been updated, or should I wait for the next release?

randomPaul

Reporting an error... this is using SMF 1.1RC2.

Quote1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Register.php    Test successful

I have the following mods installed:

Quote1.     MySpace Field      1.0
2.    Users Online Today Mod    1.4.0 Beta 2
3.    Member list by registration    1.0
4.    Custom Profile Mod    2.13 - not installed
5.    Membergroup Color Legend    1.1
6.    Award Mod    1.1 - not installed
7.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod
8.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update

Hope that helps. :)
[insert overly geeky and pretentious sig here]

john109

I've upgraded to 2.13 thanks.  My forum becomes unwrapped whenever I click on Add a field however.  Any ideas? 

Søren Bjerg

Where do I find the "recreate field" button/link?

I only have...

Name     
Show in profile?    
Show in posts?    
Parse BBC?    
Field ID    
Add a horizontal rule before field in profile?    
Show field on regristration?    
Only allow admins to edit field?    
Only allow admins to view field?    
Option X
Add an option
Save

...in the settings for my custom (selection) fields.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Advertisement: