News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

Quote from: winrules on May 02, 2006, 04:35:23 PM
Quote from: Archy on May 02, 2006, 12:52:18 AM
Quote from: winrules on May 01, 2006, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: elnismo on April 30, 2006, 03:54:14 PM
of course! both actions already taken.
you added in the code wrong then.

Quote from: Archy on May 01, 2006, 06:36:26 AM
hi .. i have used this mod with a text field and it works great..
but i found when i added another field..  a selection field .. that can only be edited by admin.. and not shown on the register screen.. that a new user cannot register because they havent filled in the selection field.

in other words the field is being treated as forced even though it isnt being displayed on the new user rego screen and is set to admin edit only.
has this happened to anyone else?

here are the settings..  using version 2.14 of the custom profile mod.

field type: selection box

Show in profile?  y
Show in posts?   y
Parse BBC?   y
Field ID   cp2
Add a horizontal rule before field in profile? n 
Show field on registration?  Don't Show   
Only allow admins to edit field?   y
Only allow admins to view field?   n

EDIT:  found errors in SMF error log.

8: Undefined index: CP_type
file: c:\......\ModSettings.php
Line: 306

8: Undefined index: CP
Line: 324

Line: 342

etc...
can I have a link to your site?
also with the errors when do they happen?

yes sure..  the link is hxxp:gwz.no-ip.org [nonactive]

Im new at this.. and keeping an eye on the error logs is a lesson i have just learnt.
so i dont know what i was doing when they happened.
The board went for 5 or 6 days with nobody being able to register before i realised.
I have turned the offending field into a text field which has made it work properly..
of course this doesnt solve the problem of having a selection box field.

i installed the mod automatically using the package installer..  it installed clean to my knowledge.. there were no visible errors.

i look forward to your response :)
can you try recreating the field?

yes i did that.. no good..
Using SMF 1.1 Rc 2 inside MK Portal M1.1 Rc 1
and lovin it !

ChocoboXV

Don't know if you're still wanting these reports, but here's what I'm getting.

::Error::
2.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php     Test failed

::Installed Mods::
1.     Ventrilo Mod      1.0      [ Apply Mod ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Enchanced post template    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Custom Profile Mod    2.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

The Ventrilo Mod is the one that was conflicting on my setup.  I uninstalled it and then reinstalled the custrom profile mod and it worked just fine.  So you might want to look into what the ventrilo mod is doing, or post that somewhere saying it's not compatable.

Captain_Morrigan

Quote from: winrules on May 02, 2006, 08:09:52 PM
I'm conffussed. Are you jusing 2 different fields?

Yes, I need to use two different fields to open and close the information.

Field one: Open the information=[b][i]Morrigan Speaks...
Field two: Close the information=She said as she drifted off to sleep[/i][/b]

And anything in between is formatted accordingly (in this example it would be Bold and Italics) but I don't want to update the server every time (as in all of that users posts) I thnk it should just pull from their information.

winrules

Quote from: Archy on May 03, 2006, 12:55:08 AM
Quote from: winrules on May 02, 2006, 04:35:23 PM
Quote from: Archy on May 02, 2006, 12:52:18 AM
Quote from: winrules on May 01, 2006, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: elnismo on April 30, 2006, 03:54:14 PM
of course! both actions already taken.
you added in the code wrong then.

Quote from: Archy on May 01, 2006, 06:36:26 AM
hi .. i have used this mod with a text field and it works great..
but i found when i added another field..  a selection field .. that can only be edited by admin.. and not shown on the register screen.. that a new user cannot register because they havent filled in the selection field.

in other words the field is being treated as forced even though it isnt being displayed on the new user rego screen and is set to admin edit only.
has this happened to anyone else?

here are the settings..  using version 2.14 of the custom profile mod.

field type: selection box

Show in profile?  y
Show in posts?   y
Parse BBC?   y
Field ID   cp2
Add a horizontal rule before field in profile? n 
Show field on registration?  Don't Show   
Only allow admins to edit field?   y
Only allow admins to view field?   n

EDIT:  found errors in SMF error log.

etc...
can I have a link to your site?
also with the errors when do they happen?

yes sure..  the link is http://gwz.no-ip.org

Im new at this.. and keeping an eye on the error logs is a lesson i have just learnt.
so i dont know what i was doing when they happened.
The board went for 5 or 6 days with nobody being able to register before i realised.
I have turned the offending field into a text field which has made it work properly..
of course this doesnt solve the problem of having a selection box field.

i installed the mod automatically using the package installer..  it installed clean to my knowledge.. there were no visible errors.

i look forward to your response :)
can you try recreating the field?

yes i did that.. no good..
can you try reinstalling?

Quote from: ChocoboXV on May 03, 2006, 12:46:48 PM
Don't know if you're still wanting these reports, but here's what I'm getting.

::Error::
2.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php     Test failed

::Installed Mods::
1.     Ventrilo Mod      1.0      [ Apply Mod ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Enchanced post template    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Custom Profile Mod    2.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

The Ventrilo Mod is the one that was conflicting on my setup.  I uninstalled it and then reinstalled the custrom profile mod and it worked just fine.  So you might want to look into what the ventrilo mod is doing, or post that somewhere saying it's not compatable.

It's just editing the same piece of code that this mod is looking for.

Quote from: Captain_Morrigan on May 03, 2006, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: winrules on May 02, 2006, 08:09:52 PM
I'm conffussed. Are you jusing 2 different fields?

Yes, I need to use two different fields to open and close the information.

Field one: Open the information=[b][i]Morrigan Speaks...
Field two: Close the information=She said as she drifted off to sleep[/i][/b]

And anything in between is formatted accordingly (in this example it would be Bold and Italics) but I don't want to update the server every time (as in all of that users posts) I thnk it should just pull from their information.
sorry but you won't be able to do that with this mod.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Captain_Morrigan

I was curious if you knew how, thanks anyways.

Archy

this problem has persisted since the previous version..  i uninstalled that and installed this one (2.14)..  the problem still there..  can u tell me if im the only one with this problem?  to give me an idea if it's the software or me that has the problem...

Using SMF 1.1 Rc 2 inside MK Portal M1.1 Rc 1
and lovin it !

Harzem

winrules, can you help me upgrade?

I've translated your mod, and the button labels and so are hard coded to your mod. When I want to upgrade, the package manager can't do it.

Also, you use very long parts of code in your upgrade packages. Can you more specific when you prepare an upgrade package? I need to alter almost the whole file to apply an upgrade. I usually have more than one parts of the files modified, which usually cause fails in your mod. But in fact your upgrade packages can be much smaller, and easy to upgrade for other languages or mods.

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.12 to 2.14 and I fail because of these factors.

You can see my Board Viewers Mod installation package. It searchs for very specific codes, not very long parts of codes.

winrules

Quote from: Archy on May 03, 2006, 11:05:42 PM
this problem has persisted since the previous version..  i uninstalled that and installed this one (2.14)..  the problem still there..  can u tell me if im the only one with this problem?  to give me an idea if it's the software or me that has the problem...

when do you get those errors?

Quote from: HarzeM on May 04, 2006, 12:18:21 PM
winrules, can you help me upgrade?

I've translated your mod, and the button labels and so are hard coded to your mod. When I want to upgrade, the package manager can't do it.

Also, you use very long parts of code in your upgrade packages. Can you more specific when you prepare an upgrade package? I need to alter almost the whole file to apply an upgrade. I usually have more than one parts of the files modified, which usually cause fails in your mod. But in fact your upgrade packages can be much smaller, and easy to upgrade for other languages or mods.

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.12 to 2.14 and I fail because of these factors.

You can see my Board Viewers Mod installation package. It searchs for very specific codes, not very long parts of codes.
I will put the text in language files shortly :) As far as the upgrade package, you should be able to just find and replace all the text strings in the file. I know what you are talking about with long strings in the upgrade package, but it makes it much easier for me when making upgrade packages for multiple version.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Harzem

Quote from: winrules on May 04, 2006, 03:56:17 PM
you should be able to just find and replace all the text strings in the file.

I can't, because I have modified your code for translation, so they no longer match.

And also, I can't find many codes due to template modifications. I will give a picture of my register page:

Believe or not, this is RC2 default theme. Think about my manuel modification to the theme, and how difficult it is for me to upgrade your package now :)

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 04, 2006, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: winrules on May 04, 2006, 03:56:17 PM
you should be able to just find and replace all the text strings in the file.

I can't, because I have modified your code for translation, so they no longer match.

And also, I can't find many codes due to template modifications. I will give a picture of my register page:

Believe or not, this is RC2 default theme. Think about my manuel modification to the theme, and how difficult it is for me to upgrade your package now :)
HarzeM, I know this would be hard to do. I will put the text in language files in the next minute version. It would be preety much impossible to implement custom fields on registration with that template without modifying the mod's code.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Harzem

Thanks for that language implementation.

The theme I sent already has your mod. The last textarea is yours, but I can't upgrade this file to 2.14 :)

Also, more specific upgrade packages would be great :) Or, can you do me a favor and make a 2.12 to last version upgrader ;)

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 04, 2006, 04:34:15 PM
Thanks for that language implementation.

The theme I sent already has your mod. The last textarea is yours, but I can't upgrade this file to 2.14 :)

Also, more specific upgrade packages would be great :) Or, can you do me a favor and make a 2.12 to last version upgrader ;)
Isn't there already one?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Harzem

Quote from: winrules on May 04, 2006, 04:35:30 PM
Isn't there already one?

Yes, but it can't upgrade my template, since it can't find the codes.

Anyway, can you use more specific upgrade instructions for your new version, or only for 2.12 upgrader? :) Am I driving you mad?

winrules

Quote from: HarzeM on May 04, 2006, 04:40:27 PM
Quote from: winrules on May 04, 2006, 04:35:30 PM
Isn't there already one?

Yes, but it can't upgrade my template, since it can't find the codes.

Anyway, can you use more specific upgrade instructions for your new version, or only for 2.12 upgrader? :) Am I driving you mad?

You know what, I think I might just rewrite the entire mod (almost) and put everything in one file, so in the templates all I have to have is a call to the function (and a foreach loop). That will make things a heck of a lot easier for both of us.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

NEOhidra

i have 1 question. my custom Fields cannot show right cyrillic alphabet. Example - Kiril (Кирил) is shown as Кир&#. Is this problem from my host or?

timkenmaster

How the heck do you delete a field?

winrules

Quote from: NEOhidra on May 05, 2006, 07:48:48 AM
i have 1 question. my custom Fields cannot show right cyrillic alphabet. Example - Kiril (Кирил) is shown as Кир&#. Is this problem from my host or?
Is "Кирил" in the name field of a cutom profile field or in the data a user enters?

Quote from: timkenmaster on May 05, 2006, 02:36:02 PM
How the heck do you delete a field?
You can't delete them, just disable them.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Teknomancer

Is there no way to restrict the number of characters that is entered in the "Text" field through this mod?

Since i'm showing the text in Posts it would be nice if I could restrict the length...
My SMF Forum:

winrules

Quote from: Teknomancer on May 06, 2006, 03:06:07 AM
Is there no way to restrict the number of characters that is entered in the "Text" field through this mod?

Since i'm showing the text in Posts it would be nice if I could restrict the length...

not right now.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

Version 3.0 has been released! Although there are no new features in it from 2.14, upgrading is strongly recommended. In this release, a bug is fixed with check boxes, everything is moved into a central file for easier upgrades, and language files are now used. Since so many things have changed there is no upgrade package, so you will have to uninstall your current version and install 3.0. You won't lose any data.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Advertisement: