News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazeman

I have a prob.
I'm trying to print some data out of the Custom Profile field with ssi.
My code:
$testi = $context['member']['options']['CP1'];
if ($testi){$testi = $testi;}else{$testi = "Nope";}

And when I echo $testi it prints Nope
So it doesn't work right...
Marko Kaartinen

imrich

Hi winrules, thanks so much for this wonderuful mod.

I'm using SMF 1.1-RC3 with Joomla (1.0.11) and using the 1.1.6 bridge.
I just installed your custom profile mod.

It seems to be working perfectly.

However, I have a field which I need my users to fill out when they register.

As you may know, when using this 1.1.6 bridge when a user selects the register function there is a bridge component which displays the 'agreement' and then the profile fields below it.  Unfortunately, the custom field which I added with your mod does not display.  It will display if I select the register or edit profile field on SMF.

Is there an easy way to get my custom field (there is just one at this time) to show up on the bridge com_smf_register component?

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

winrules

Mazeman - Use $user_info['options']['CP1'].

imrich - What type of registration do you have the brdige set to use?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

imrich

Quote from: winrules on November 21, 2006, 05:05:17 PM
imrich - What type of registration do you have the brdige set to use?

I have it set to "Use Bridge Registration". Per the documentation for the bridge, I thought that was the only reliable setting to use.

If I set it to "SMF registration" it works ok.  Will everything work ok if I leave it set to "use SMF registration"?

I'm looking forward to your advice!

winrules

I don't know enough about the bridge to know if that settingw will work for you, but I know it has worked for others. The mod will only work with SMF registration.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

imrich

Quote from: winrules on November 21, 2006, 06:50:34 PM
I don't know enough about the bridge to know if that settingw will work for you, but I know it has worked for others. The mod will only work with SMF registration.

Ouch!

Thank you for your quick reply!

I did some testing and see that if I have the bridge set for "Use Bridge Registration" then users are created in both the Joomla and SMF when they register. To me this is what I need as it will allow users to use Joomla and SMF equally.

If I set it to "use SMF Registration" then users are only created in SMF and they do not get a Joomla account.  I'm too new to know how this will affect their abilities to use Joomla.

Thanks again!

winrules

I don't know much about the bridge. I'd recommend you ask on the Bridge Support Board.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Mazeman

Marko Kaartinen

winrules

Did you add $user_info to the globals?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Mazeman

Marko Kaartinen

Kalika

edit:  Yay, I have RC3 installed... but I can't get this mod to install.  It needs my FTP info to do file creation and chmod, but when I enter the info it doesn't work, it just sends me right back to the same page.  Is there any way I can install this mod manually?  Thanks for any advice! :)

winrules

Quote from: Mazeman on November 22, 2006, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: winrules on November 22, 2006, 01:16:37 PM
Did you add $user_info to the globals?
Where should I add?
Can you post the script you're using?

Quote from: Kalika on November 23, 2006, 01:13:43 PM
edit:  Yay, I have RC3 installed... but I can't get this mod to install.  It needs my FTP info to do file creation and chmod, but when I enter the info it doesn't work, it just sends me right back to the same page.  Is there any way I can install this mod manually?  Thanks for any advice! :)
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.0

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Mazeman

<?php require("/home/vhosts/markohosting.net/httpdocs/forum/SSI.php");
$koko_nimi $user_info['options']['CP1'];
echo 
$koko_nimi?>

that's the test script of mine :D
Marko Kaartinen

Splatt19

ok, I have tried many thing to try to get this mod to work with the custom theme I downloaded from here, so I was curious if you could possibly let me know why this mod does not work with the theme WoW-DK f (for 1.1 RC3) I have done the script changes you listed at the begining of this post and none of the custom fields appear on the profile page or on the boards.

DenDen60

Just a simple question, do they appear with other themes?

Denis

DenDen60

corrections (other then those mention about the templates of course)

Denis

supert8ch

will this work on latest CB and Joomla install? Need more fields to have and don't have any idea if thesse mess with the CB link.

Splatt19

Quote from: denden60 on November 29, 2006, 11:45:08 AM
Just a simple question, do they appear with other themes?

Denis

Yes they appear on all of the default themes as I have not installed any other custom themes than that one.

Amicus

Hello to all,

Would it be possible to exclude the title (name) of a field in the thread-view?

I would like to have a checkbox-field for "Realmembers". So i created a new field named "Realmember",
with the text "Realmember" in "Text to display when box is checked". Text for "isn't checked" stays empty.

This text should appear besides each post for evry users, that has this field activated, BUT without a leading "Realmember : " oder " : " tag.

Even if that field doesn't have a name, the " : " appears before "Realmember", so at the moment it shows:
" : Realmember"

Any chance of getting this?

Thanks in advance,
Amicus

imrich

I was using SMF 1.1 RC3 and just installed the 1.1 update so now I'm at SMF 1.1 (final).

I noticed my custom profile fields were gone.

When I checked my "Installed packaged" it shows none.

I can see "custom profile field mod v3.15" in my list of packaged, but when I click "apply mod" I recieve a

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"

Can you suggest a fix or do you have one coming for SMF 1.1 (final) soon?

Thanks!

Advertisement: