News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey D.

Reply #835 - any help here?

DenDen60

Quote from: denden60 on January 15, 2007, 09:08:08 PM
For one reason or another, when  I want to install this mod, it doesn't give me the right directory. I think it's because I imported the database. Where is the information for the uploade drectory stored so that I can change them

This is what is tells me now. I should change 2,3,4 and 5

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification /home/denis/public_html/....../Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification /home/denis/public_html/... .../Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification /home/denis/public_html/... .../Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification /home/denis/public_html/... .../Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File /home/denis/public_html/... .../Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php 

I found the problem. Rectification, support found the problem. :-)

I was able to change the directories by using the Repair Settings tool
http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

samames

okay, how do i correct this issue
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

JamesWC

winrules, how do I access one of the user's own custom profile fields on another page?

I've tried things like this, but they return nothing:

$context['user']['favecolor']
$context['user']['options']['favecolor']

What should I be using?

I actually want to use it on a Custom Action page (using your other mod), if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

gemigene

Quote from: Tanix on January 24, 2007, 11:16:06 AM
Look at the files. If the code has been duplicated you installed it twice. It's happened to me.

Happened to me too, LOL
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

Celtland

Thanks so much for this mod - it rocks!  I'm not a coder by any means, but would like to add one more setting in the admin area - to have a custom field appear only in the profile of certain membergroups.  We have a few members who are supervisors at work - I would like to be able to have a field only for them to show their seniority and the date they became supervisors.  Thanks for any help or advice - and thanks again for this mod.  :)
Is maith an scáthán súil carad.

A friends eye is a good mirror.

frax0

hi  :D,why after to have created a profile in registration two windows appear me? tks

Davey D.

Compton

Is there a way to create a custom field that has no name in the post area.  I want to insert a small image and I don't want the ":" in front of it.

andr2

Any plans to add functionality in customprofile_mod to hide and rename fields in the main profile of SMF?

If "no" is there any mod that already allows to do that?

Kindred

edit profile.english.php (or maby it is in index.english.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Compton

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2007, 08:10:11 AM
edit profile.english.php (or maby it is in index.english.php)

What is this in responce to?

extremehikers

How do I install a mod? 

*nevermind i looked around again and found out how to upload and install a mod.  Thanks..great mod!*

apis

How to make the fields appear on those members who have registered?

andr2

How to add fields to the user list page (URL ends with action=mlist) and delete unused (ex. YIM or ICQ)?

P.S. I mean fields added in Custom Profile Field Mod.

apis

I've installed this mod but it doesent appear on users profile. Wat do i need to edit? my theme is pdk_dx06.

apis

Quote from: winrules on March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM
Link to Mod

Note: If your theme has it's own Profile.template.php or PersonalMessage.template.php or Register.template.php you will have to make changes to those but most themes don't. Also note that this isn't necessary on all themes, but most have their own Display.template.php.

Download Latest Version (3.16)

My theme has got all those. What do i need to edit. Pls help Me...

gemigene

Quote from: Snape on January 20, 2007, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: gemigene on January 20, 2007, 06:22:32 PM
Kinda looks like the developer lost interest in this project, doesn't seem to visit this thread much.

I asked a simple question and even sent a PM but to no avail:

QuoteFor some strange reason, I can only input text boxes. I want to add dropdown fields and checkboxes but to no avail.

Installation went without a glitch.

SMF 1.1.1 with Dilber theme (I also tried it with the default theme and ditto)

Update, I reinstalled SMF and wonder if I should give this MOD another try but using the default template only...

I don't like to criticize but look at how many questions are left unanswered, what gives?
Gemigene
???
His last post is only a page back...he's answered a ton of questions to date, I'm sure he'll get back to you eventually.  You sure you PM'ed the right guy (winrules)?

Hmm, that would be the last time he answered a post, 12 days have passed and still no answer. I also see a lot of questions left unanswered (some users are trying to help others) but I believe that if a modder releases something, the support issues are also his to rectify. So, where the heck is Winrules?

Also, are MODs approved by competent Community members before officially released (like phpBB) or is it "free for all and try at your own risk"?

Gene
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

Davey D.

In defense of the "Support" staff, they have tried to help me in the past with other issues. I imagine like anyone else they get tired and frustrated or have their own projects to follow.

I have bumped my question three times now with no response from the author so I feel the pain. A simple "No, get lost!" would have been good enough for me.  

sparky33

try asking for help on phpBB forums, you wont get very far, and tiny portal are just as bad.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Advertisement: