Bridge installation caused menus to dissapear in joomla 1.08

Started by 2kreative, March 30, 2006, 03:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2kreative

I'm currently using SMF 1.1rc2 and joomla 1.08

I installed a fresh copy of joomla and configured my menu items/components. After installing the SMF bridge everything that isnt set to "public" dissapears. i.e. all menus and menu items that are defined as registered and user doesnt appear. I tested my theory out on this by randomly making a menu item "public" and the user menu (which has been set to registered) appeared with that item only. I also tested this against joomla's core login mod and was able to see the menus when using that login module.

Are there any know conflicts between the bridge and joomla 1.08?

site: community.myurbanportal.com

2kreative

yep...I saw this..and implemented the directions exactly as stated..it didnt fix my issue. I tend to follow directions real well so any additinal assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Orstio

You are absolutely sure that changes you made to smf.php are saved and uploaded to the server?  Are you also sure you inserted the code into the correct locations in the file?

2kreative

yep..I did...but heres the thing...lol

I didnt check that it was overwritting the old file properly..when I did that..it totally fixed the issue :-[

AzamKL

Quote from: 2kreative on March 31, 2006, 06:49:17 AM
yep..I did...but heres the thing...lol

I didnt check that it was overwritting the old file properly..when I did that..it totally fixed the issue :-[

I'm currently having the same problem. The instruction in this thread make me a bit confusing. Could you please help me make my Joomla User menu appear back again when a reegistered user sign in?  :-\
~Engrave the creativity~

Orstio

QuoteI'm currently having the same problem. The instruction in this thread make me a bit confusing. Could you please help me make my Joomla User menu appear back again when a reegistered user sign in? 

No, you are not having the same problem.  One of the symptoms of your problem is the same as the symptom of the problem in this topic.  The problem this user was having can no longer exist in 1.1.3.

I already gave you the solution to your problem in the topic you started.

If you have further questions, please post them in your topic, instead of posting "me too!" posts in other topics.

Advertisement: