Admin. Change Results In Session Time Out Error Every Time.

Started by NothingLikeRoot, March 25, 2004, 11:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NothingLikeRoot

Hello,

When I attempt to make a change in the admin center (from board settings to adding a board) it resulats in a error but only when I try to submit the changes.

The error is as follows:
    "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

I have no problem staying loged into my account... Only when I try to submit changes....

The only thing I have been able to do is change the news (this was after repeated trys)....

The install went as follows:

1) Downloaded files
2) Uploaded (Unchanged) files to the web server
3) Set chmod to 777 on folders (including the install folder)
3) Ran and Completed the "install.php"
4) Removed the "install.php"
5) Changed install folder to not have write ablites

Thank You For Your Times,
Andrew

NothingLikeRoot

Correction:

This error will happen on anything...

Such as removal of a therad, posting a therad, editing a therad, changing profile, ect ect...

What could the problem be?

Thank You For Your Time,
Andrew

[Unknown]

This sounds like a PHP configuration issue.  Can you give me a link and phpinfo.php page?

By phpinfo.php, I mean a file with that name and these contents:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

-[Unknown]

NothingLikeRoot

Sure! :)...

This is on the SourceForge.net [nofollow] servers and I have no way to change the PHP configuration...

Though, if you use PHP's session functions to control the session log in, this link may be helpful:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14267&group_id=1#webphpsession [nofollow], This is a SourceForge.net [nofollow] help doc titled: Project web: PHP session data...

SourceForge.net uses a pool of servers to support the projects they host, each request to a server first goes to a load balancer, than is directed off to a server, which may not be the one I was at before, thus  the sessions functions will return bad.... (Better explained in the Doc)...

This phpinfo() page is at: http://c-l-l.sourceforge.net/phpinfo.php [nofollow]

If you can walk me though a way to fix this problem, I would be very thankfull!!!

Andrew

P.S. The auth. system I built in PHP and tested on the sf.net [nofollow] servers had the same problems, I am too busy to try to look though the PHP code right now and fix it myself (I like to look though code anyways as I learn new ways to do things...) I was hoping you could easyily find out and fix the problem (as you are a developer)...

Thanks Again!,
Andrew

[Unknown]

Use their second suggestion on that link, just put the function call in Settings.php.

-[Unknown]

NothingLikeRoot

dracomiconia

I think I have the same problem, but.... I dont understand very well what I have to do...

could u give us an example, please?

[Unknown]

session_save_path('/home/groups/y/ya/yabbse/sessions');

In Settings.php.

-[Unknown]

dracomiconia

I have done this:

Create subdirectory sessions.

CHMODED 777

Edited Settings.php

<?
session_save_path('/public_html/dracoforo/sessions');

Error:

Cannot open http://www.dracomiconia.com/dracoforo/index.php

I'm getting mad!!!!
:'(

[Unknown]

You would add that line at the end of - or really anywhere in - Settings.php.

I might note that your forum opened fine for me...

-[Unknown]

jack

Quote from: dracomiconia on May 13, 2004, 12:42:36 PM

If you are also on SourceForge, that is wrong. The folder you use needs to be the full path as the webserver sees it, not what you see via FTP.

If your project name is 'yabbse', then the path would be :-

/home/groups/y/ya/yabbse/sessions

If you log in via ssh and go to your web-page directory and type 'pwd' it will tell you where you the full path .

dracomiconia

No, I am not on Sourceforge, but I'm having more or less the same problem...

[Unknown]

It still needs to be the full path, and how do you know you're having the same problem for sure?

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Quote from: dracomiconia on May 13, 2004, 12:42:36 PM

Try
session_save_path('/home/public_html/dracoforo/sessions');
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

mc0

I am having the same problem, but when I add session_save_path('www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions'); I get ..

Warning: open(www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions/sess_4519bb3b41c3a01dab1aed0ce7ab71d8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of hxxp:session.save [nonactive]_path is correct (www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions) in Unknown on line 0</

I don't know what to do :\

Grudge

I'm not great at this thing but it sounds like your session save path is incorrect. Does the sessions save path even exist?

PS - This is the PHP session save path of your server nothing to do with SMF
I'm only a half geek really...

mc0

I got the session_save_path() to stop giving me errors but it still says my says "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." :(

[Unknown]

Quote from: mc0 on May 18, 2004, 01:27:56 PM
I am having the same problem, but when I add session_save_path('www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions'); I get ..

Warning: open(www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions/sess_4519bb3b41c3a01dab1aed0ce7ab71d8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (www.detrobin.org/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions) in Unknown on line 0</

I don't know what to do :\

The session.save_path should be:

/home/detrobin/public_html/lafam/forum/sessions

Just as a guest.  I'd need to see other error messages to be sure - but, the problem is that it's a server path, not a URL. (no www or any of that jazz.)

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: