News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickers

Why does it appear blank, and why does nothing happend if I type in and press enter??

I have the classic template and I have version 1.1 beta 3.

clemenzo

Quote from: clemenzo on September 14, 2005, 10:33:29 AM
Hi,

How can I change the date format to "d M y h:i:s a" for dates other than Today?

e.g 15 Sep 05 08:00:00 am instead of September 15, 2005 08:00:00 am

Thank you!

Can anyone help with this? Thank you!

weekend camper

Quote from: Snickers on September 18, 2005, 05:55:16 AM

Why does it appear blank, and why does nothing happend if I type in and press enter??

I have the classic template and I have version 1.1 beta 3.

check my reply #523 in this thread.

weekend camper

Hi,

Thank you!

What I would do is make a new function timeformat (found in /Sources/Subs.php) and mess with the formating there. Look around line 750ish.

Then go to the shoutbox file shout.php and find/replace the timeformat calls to match whatever new function name I made in step #1.  Should be in function Shout_Archive() and function shout_display().

YMMV   :)

dairy_man

how do I change the username text to bold and italic?

clemenzo

Quote from: weekend camper on September 19, 2005, 10:42:46 PM
Hi,

Thank you!

What I would do is make a new function timeformat (found in /Sources/Subs.php) and mess with the formating there. Look around line 750ish.

Then go to the shoutbox file shout.php and find/replace the timeformat calls to match whatever new function name I made in step #1.  Should be in function Shout_Archive() and function shout_display().

YMMV   :)

Thank you! I have also managed to get the format I like by specifying it as a forum default in the administration. I prefer not to tweak too much and having to redo whenever there is a new release of the ultimate shoutbox.

Thank you again!

clemenzo

Quote from: dairy_man on September 20, 2005, 04:16:14 AM
how do I change the username text to bold and italic?

Add html tags to the template_shout_form() function in shout.template.php which can be found in the default theme folder.

coldthunder

Just installed shout1.3 on smf 1.1 beta3 and it does not work for me, worked in 1.5 but not this new version, the shoutbox appears but even when u type a message it never posts in inthe shout box, scrollling doesnt work either even thought it set in settings. Anyone get it to work in 1.1 beta 3?

weekend camper

Quote from: coldthunder on September 20, 2005, 11:28:51 PM
Just installed shout1.3 on smf 1.1 beta3 and it does not work for me, worked in 1.5 but not this new version, the shoutbox appears but even when u type a message it never posts in inthe shout box, scrollling doesnt work either even thought it set in settings. Anyone get it to work in 1.1 beta 3?

ummmm, look back one page on this thread?   ;)

dairy_man

hi.. if I will install this on a theme, for example theme oxygen, what will I do to have the shoutbox appear?

note: I have installed and have it runned on the the default theme but when I installed the theme oxygen, the shoutbox disappears..

weekend camper

Quote from: dairy_man on September 21, 2005, 04:36:02 AM
hi.. if I will install this on a theme, for example theme oxygen, what will I do to have the shoutbox appear?

note: I have installed and have it runned on the the default theme but when I installed the theme oxygen, the shoutbox disappears..

read the very first post of this thread.  Grudge tells all!! 

weekend camper

Post to confirm that Shoutbox 1.3 works just fine with 1.1RC1

tL0z

PLEASE HELP ME! THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM OR NOT?

I've already installed the shoutbox, how can I put it inside the square under the user info?

http://www.nintendogeeks.globalfree.net/forum/index.php

My theme is Apollo.

HELP!

ChaosEnergy

I can add

if (function_exists('smfshout'))
  smfshout();

somewhere in index.template

but after this, my complete layout is much biger...i get huge letter son complete page
having a blue box in default top area, like the newsbox would be fine
Chaos Empire ®

weekend camper

Quote from: tL0z on September 21, 2005, 01:02:12 PM
PLEASE HELP ME! THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM OR NOT?

I've already installed the shoutbox, how can I put it inside the square under the user info?

http://www.nintendogeeks.globalfree.net/forum/index.php

My theme is Apollo.

HELP!

Shouting  :'( at people offering free support on their spare time?   :-\

Reread the first post here, locate your special square by doing some educated guessing and putting gibberish "ASDFSD" (or something) in places that look like the code for the square in Apollo's index.template.php file.  You might have to dig through several files though, as I'm not familar with Apollo's layout.

[Unknown]

Remember that this is a third-party mod, and it is not supported by Simple Machines.  If you are not comfortable with using third-party software, reading instructions carefully, or getting a likely slower response than otherwise, I would have to suggest against using third-party mods.

Otherwise, you just need to latch onto your patience.  It is, after all, a virtue.

-[Unknown]

tL0z

Ok but I already made something like 10 POSTS asking for help!

Thanks for the answer but I can't find the square  :(

weekend camper

Quote from: tL0z on September 21, 2005, 03:04:40 PM
Ok but I already made something like 10 POSTS asking for help!

Thanks for the answer but I can't find the square  :(

np, but you would likely get more help with that specific question (where's the square?) in the Apollo theme thread. 

coldthunder

im not a coder but i think this will work for you tl0z, it did for me

Go to what ever theme directory and edit the file called index.template.php, inside of that php file go all teh way to the bottom until you see 

}
?>

before the }

enter the following

smfshout();

so once you are done it should like this at the end of that index.template.php file

smfshout();
}
?>

that will do what you are asking

coldthunder

Now i need some help, trying to install shoubox on 1.1 beta3 and getting the follwonig error. anyone know what it means"

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/home/thundazo/public_html/hosting/tfs/smf11/Packages/temp/./shoutPdb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thundazo/public_html/hosting/tfs/smf11/Sources/Packages.php on line 499

thanks

Advertisement: