News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisha

Quote from: champi.nl on January 21, 2005, 06:41:44 PM
you are right... i will give it a good try now... that package manager is confusing..... better do everything manual... ;)

Well in this case if you used the Manager with the auto install, I assumed you did,  it would have automatically changed what you needed. The problem most people have with the manager is that it only changes the "default" theme files.  You have to change the custom themes your self. 

I always try to use the manager because a theme that does not use a specified file, ie SSI.php, it will use the information in the default theme. This makes your install a lot easier. Just locate the /$themedir/ files in the .mod file and see what ones are in your theme and only edit those. 

An example is I installed a message bar showing how many PMs are used out of allowed. The files that required a change were not found in any of my themes except the default. Well Once I changed the default files it appeared in EVERY theme I have installed. This make sense?

Champi

you are right... but the problem with my package manager is that it does not edit the files... it says succes but there is no succees... i am sure that i ve the good ftpdetails and the maps are chmodded correctly...

Alisha

Quote from: champi.nl on January 21, 2005, 07:39:04 PM
you are right... but the problem with my package manager is that it does not edit the files... it says succes but there is no succees... i am sure that i ve the good ftpdetails and the maps are chmodded correctly...

Ok, now that is over my scope.. No idea why it wouldn't... hmmm

TedNigma

Quote from: Jerry on January 21, 2005, 02:47:33 AM
you need to add it to your theme manually. with ',smfshout(),' you can check this post for some examples... :)

Geeze, amazing what you can learn if you read the whole thread.    ::)

Thanks for being kind, and I got it to function.

Yes, I play a Dork Fish in real life.   ;D

Alisha

Quote from: champi.nl on January 21, 2005, 07:39:04 PM

Did you ever get yours working ??

Webby

Quote from: Webby on January 11, 2005, 04:32:52 AM
Quote from: Grudge on November 30, 2004, 05:40:24 PM
Webby, Apologies, the line with str_replace on should be:

$message = preg_replace('~\[img.*?\].+?\[/img\]~is', '', $_POST['message']);

Sorry it took so long to get a working reply!

It doesn't show the right smilies in the "shout-archive", how can I change that too ?

???

Grudge

Webby, do you just mean you want that same thing in the archive? If so:

Find:

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($request))
$context['arc_shouts'][] = array(
'time' => timeformat($row['time']),
'id' => $row['ID_SHOUT'],
'message' => doUBBC(censorText($row['message'])),
'memberID' => $row['ID_MEMBER'],
'displayname' => $row['displayname'],
'email' => $row['email']
);

Replace:

{
$row['message'] = preg_replace('~\[img.*?\].+?\[/img\]~is', '', $row['message']);
'email' => $row['email']
);
}
I'm only a half geek really...

danking

Hi

I would like my shoutbox at the top of my forum here is my forum  www.connexions.mfhosting.com/smf [nofollow] or www.peertopeerchat.tk [nofollow] I would like it like the one in Invision board instead of on the left e.g.  www.kompletlywyred.com/vbtt/ [nofollow] also I cant seem to adjust the amount of letters allowed in shouts by the admin panel I would be happy to have it as unlimited but cant set it atm. So my main query is the shoutbox at the top like the e.g. given and how to do it step by step as im very new to this.

Thanks

Webby

Quote from: Grudge on January 23, 2005, 01:59:05 PM
Webby, do you just mean you want that same thing in the archive? If so:

Yes :)

Although this solution doesn't work.......

Webby

This works for me :

{
      $row['message'] = doUBBC($row['message']);
      $row['message'] = preg_replace('~/' . $user_info['smiley_set'] . '/~is', '/shoutsmiley/', $row['message']);
         'email' => $row['email']
      );
}

danking

Quote from: danking on January 23, 2005, 03:27:48 PM
Hi

I would like my shoutbox at the top of my forum here is my forum  www.connexions.mfhosting.com/smf [nofollow] or www.peertopeerchat.tk [nofollow] I would like it like the one in Invision board instead of on the left e.g.  www.kompletlywyred.com/vbtt/ [nofollow] also I cant seem to adjust the amount of letters allowed in shouts by the admin panel I would be happy to have it as unlimited but cant set it atm. So my main query is the shoutbox at the top like the e.g. given and how to do it step by step as im very new to this.

Thanks

anyone please

Alisha

Quote from: danking on January 24, 2005, 08:16:53 AM
Quote from: danking on January 23, 2005, 03:27:48 PM
Hi

I would like my shoutbox at the top of my forum here is my forum www.connexions.mfhosting.com/smf or www.peertopeerchat.tk I would like it like the one in Invision board instead of on the left e.g. www.kompletlywyred.com/vbtt/ also I cant seem to adjust the amount of letters allowed in shouts by the admin panel I would be happy to have it as unlimited but cant set it atm. So my main query is the shoutbox at the top like the e.g. given and how to do it step by step as im very new to this.

Thanks

anyone please

I am lost to what you need to know? Its all in the thread, Find where you want it, and Add your Function, ssi_smfshout.  Poof Done... Tweak it a little and make it perfect.

You want it on the top, add it to the top!

danking

What I would like to kow is the code of how to add it to the top i said I am new to this all I want to know is the code to add it to the top if anyone could and I showed a example of what I want it to look like  :)

Alisha

// Shout Box Start
        echo '
<tr>
<td class="catbg" colspan="2">"Shout Outs"</td>
        </tr><tr>
<td class="windowbg2" align="left" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">', smfshout(), '</span></td>
        </tr>';

This is my code and has worked on 7 themes.  If this doesn't work there are at least 30 other versions 'IN THIS THREAD' to look at and use...  These are all examples. of course you need to modify it to what you want on your site.

danking

Ok great  I would like my shoutbox exactly like yours but at the top of my forum would it be possible for you to set tyhat code so it would do that? and where abouts do I put this code aswell? Thanks for all your help. :)

Alisha

Quote from: danking on January 24, 2005, 02:02:36 PM
Ok great I would like my shoutbox exactly like yours but at the top of my forum would it be possible for you to set tyhat code so it would do that? and where abouts do I put this code aswell? Thanks for all your help. :)

No this isn't possible for me to do, I don't know your templates, theme, or what you think is right.  This is what you NEED to do for your site.. This code will work at the top as it is on my site. I had it there, didn't like it, moved it. 

But not there is no way *I* can do that for you... I wouldn't have any idea where to start or what to code with out knowing your templates.

nk111

Hi there,

i have just one question regarding this mod.

1. Is it possible to install it with the package manager?

I'm sorry, but i found so many instructions on how to install this mod but i dont know
which one is the definite one...

I tried it again and again and after setting alle chmod's i still get stuck with this error:

2: copy(index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Datei: /home/www/einsweb/_md/mad-d-sign.com/smf/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Zeile: 1285

Any Ideas?

regards
Nico

nk111

Ok,

took me lots of tries but i figured it out...

i had to uncheck the "create backups ... with character (~) at the end" checkbox
under "install options".

Seems my server has a problem with such filenames...

anyway

maybe this helps someone else

regards

Nico

Ryan

All the confusion!

is becuase people are calling the function ssi_smfshout

When it isnt that its ssi_shout...

<?php
// Shout Box Start
        echo '
', ssi_shout(), '';
?>

Krispl

how much shoutbox slow down forum ? how many question to  mysql ?

Advertisement: