• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Chat With the SMF Team, April 29th and 30th

Started by Thantos, April 26, 2006, 09:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

For the past few months, we have been running "Get to know the team" topics where you can ask questions of a particular team member. In our continuing effort to make ourselves available to our users, we are hosting a live IRC chat with members of our team. All are welcome to join us and ask us questions or just to chat it up.

Full details can be found at http://www.simplemachines.org/teamchat/


Amacythe


jerm

ya should be a lot of fun. will be looking forward to it

JayBachatero

Can wait for this to happen.  Seems like ots going to be funnnn :P.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Trekkie101


Prasad007

Cool . good to hear it :)
but ive already chatted with 3 team members ;)
Anyway this will be fun :) :)

H

Looking forward to this, hopefully lots of people will be there :D
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)
                             

Prasad007

Quote from: huwnet on April 27, 2006, 02:40:44 PM
Looking forward to this, hopefully lots of people will be there :D
i will surely participate :)

Gary

April 27, 2006, 05:08:36 PM #9 Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:11:36 PM by AwwLilMaggie
I doubt I'll say much, but I'll be there... maybe... I've got paintballing on 29th and I might be asleep much of 30th. ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Horme Gaming


Prasad007

cmon guys give the team a better response :) hope this topic reaches like atleast 5-6 pages with many participants before the event :) :)

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Prasad007

Quote from: JayBachatero on April 27, 2006, 06:16:56 PM
Oh the irony. :P
:-X
well lets just hope for the best. Hope to get a good response, or it would be real sad.....

Eskalator

hxxp:www.daytonasystem.net/proxychecker [nonactive]

JayBachatero

Yes you're right lets hope for the best but I was just poiting out your first reply.

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 27, 2006, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: huwnet on April 27, 2006, 02:40:44 PM
Looking forward to this, hopefully lots of people will be there :D
i will surely participate :)

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 27, 2006, 06:11:09 PM
cmon guys give the team a better response :) hope this topic reaches like atleast 5-6 pages with many participants before the event :) :)

;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Prasad007

  :)

ooh and btw, are the times mentioned for the chat sessions gmt or something else? ..

JayBachatero

Umm did you read the page?
Time Available
Times are shown in your local time
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Prasad007

Quote from: JayBachatero on April 27, 2006, 06:33:09 PM
Umm did you read the page?
Time Available
Times are shown in your local time
oh okay.
but local time in the sense in accordance with the forum? i mean the time offset?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Prasad007

oh okay then i gotta go change the time offset. ive just migrated from india to bahrain. i believe you know :)

Thantos

Yes the times listed (unless you are a guest which then gives the GMT offset) is the time with respect to your server offset.

Now without detailing anything I will say we'll be looking at how this weekend goes for future reference.

eriktm

April 28, 2006, 09:50:31 AM #22 Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:52:05 AM by Erik™
GREAT! I'll be there (I hope :P) (if I can)

Thijsie

April 28, 2006, 12:29:23 PM #23 Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:39:24 AM by Thijsie
Sounds like fun, I'll try to be there!
EDIT: Nobody's there yet :( Except for Trekkie

Trekkie101

Come on in guys, theres a few of us in there now :)

Prasad007


retrow

I am getting a connection error in that applet. Thats too bad. I was so lookin forward to this thing.

:(

winrules

Quote from: Thantos on April 27, 2006, 08:24:14 PM
Yes the times listed (unless you are a guest which then gives the GMT offset) is the time with respect to your server offset.

Now without detailing anything I will say we'll be looking at how this weekend goes for future reference.
I'm in, I think it should be a 24/7...mabey unoffical support chat, a team member wouldn't have to be in it but I think it would be nice.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


Prasad007

Quote from: retrow on April 29, 2006, 11:21:06 AM
I am getting a connection error in that applet. Thats too bad. I was so lookin forward to this thing.

:(
then use a irc program like mirc.
connect to irc.villageirc.com
channel: #simplemachines

H

Quote from: winrules on April 29, 2006, 11:30:12 AM
I'm in, I think it should be a 24/7...mabey unoffical support chat, a team member wouldn't have to be in it but I think it would be nice.
The channel will never be a support chat. Also the channel is locked when no team member is available ;)

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 29, 2006, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: retrow on April 29, 2006, 11:21:06 AM
I am getting a connection error in that applet. Thats too bad. I was so lookin forward to this thing.

:(
then use a irc program like mirc.
connect to irc.villageirc.com
channel: #simplemachines


If they are getting a connection error with the java they will probably get an error with a real client ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)
                             

Prasad007

Quote from: huwnet on April 29, 2006, 11:57:30 AM
Quote from: winrules on April 29, 2006, 11:30:12 AM
I'm in, I think it should be a 24/7...mabey unoffical support chat, a team member wouldn't have to be in it but I think it would be nice.
The channel will never be a support chat. Also the channel is locked when no team member is available ;)

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 29, 2006, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: retrow on April 29, 2006, 11:21:06 AM
I am getting a connection error in that applet. Thats too bad. I was so lookin forward to this thing.

:(
then use a irc program like mirc.
connect to irc.villageirc.com
channel: #simplemachines


If they are getting a connection error with the java they will probably get an error with a real client ;)
does java(script) have anything to do with irc ??  :-X

LiroyvH

People it's really nice in the chatroom,
join us and come and chat, it's real cool ;D

Thanks for doing this, SMF :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

ElijahLofgren

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 29, 2006, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: retrow on April 29, 2006, 11:21:06 AM
I am getting a connection error in that applet. Thats too bad. I was so lookin forward to this thing.

:(
then use a irc program like mirc.
connect to hxxp:irc.villageirc.com [nonactive]
channel: #simplemachines

Actually it needs to be (notice .net instead of .com):
server: hxxp:irc.villageirc.net [nonactive]
channel: #simplemachines

I couldn't connect because the Java applet crashes my Firefox , but at least I finally found the right server address.

Prasad007

Quote from: CoreISP on April 29, 2006, 12:22:41 PM
People it's really nice in the chatroom,
join us and come and chat, it's real cool ;D

Thanks for doing this, SMF :)
yea it is :)
and dont thank smf . smf is just a script :P
thank the people who strive to develop it ;)

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Prasad007

Quote from: CoreISP on April 29, 2006, 01:20:05 PM
with SMF, I meant the team :P
oh okay lol :P
but smf - simple machines forum (the product)
sm - simple machines (the organisation)

LiroyvH

Ya... well... it's not very hard to understand what I meant anyway :P
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Prasad007

Quote from: CoreISP on April 29, 2006, 03:03:39 PM
Ya... well... it's not very hard to understand what I meant anyway :P
i know. kidding ;)

J. Williams

QuoteToday at 12:00:00 AM until Today at 05:00:00 AM

Thats confusing
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

LiroyvH

That whole timetable was (or still is?) very stange :P
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Dannii

Quote from: Prasad007 on April 29, 2006, 11:59:28 AMdoes java(script) have anything to do with irc ??  :-X
Firstly java and javascript have nothing to do with each other.
Javascript also has nothing to do with IRC.
IRC normally doesn't use java (the server wouldn't), but if you don't have a better chat client, then there are several web IRC clients, and one of those is PJIRC which is written in java.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Thantos

Quote from: J J Williams on April 30, 2006, 02:21:52 AM
QuoteToday at 12:00:00 AM until Today at 05:00:00 AM

Thats confusing
How so?  The person is available Today starting at 12 am until 5 am.  The date had to be put in because of timezones differences, some would have it crossing days.

Prasad007

Quote from: eldacar on April 30, 2006, 07:22:21 AM
Quote from: Prasad007 on April 29, 2006, 11:59:28 AMdoes java(script) have anything to do with irc ??  :-X
Firstly java and javascript have nothing to do with each other.
Javascript also has nothing to do with IRC.
IRC normally doesn't use java (the server wouldn't), but if you don't have a better chat client, then there are several web IRC clients, and one of those is PJIRC which is written in java.
thanks for the info! :)

purrdeta

It has been really fun in there so far.  This should happen more often... infact there should be an IRC channel for anytime we want! :D

Amacythe

We are considering it.

There are a few reasons we are hesitant. We don't want to offer support in a chatroom.  It is better that the questions are posted to the board so others that may have the same question don't ask again in the chat but can find the answers here. Also, we don't want our Team in a chatroom and neglecting the members that are posting questions here.

LiroyvH

well you dont have to give support,
just a chatroom so that the members can talk is nice,
I mean, there are no support questions now either, or when they are being asked, they are ignored...
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Prasad007

Quote from: Amacythe on April 30, 2006, 09:11:56 PM
We are considering it.

There are a few reasons we are hesitant. We don't want to offer support in a chatroom.  It is better that the questions are posted to the board so others that may have the same question don't ask again in the chat but can find the answers here. Also, we don't want our Team in a chatroom and neglecting the members that are posting questions here.
Yes i agree with you.
NO SUPPORT , just plain chat.
I mean we can clearly mention the rules like no support . For support , use the forum..
and it could be just plain regular chat.
And its not neccessary that someone has to be in the channel it could be left open . People may come in and leave as they please. We could have a nice chat. It would be fun :)

LiroyvH

noooooo, the channel has been put into moderation mode,
we can no longer chat :'(
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Prasad007

Quote from: CoreISP on May 01, 2006, 08:33:03 AM
noooooo, the channel has been put into moderation mode,
we can no longer chat :'(
im chatting at the moment..

Trekkie101

Its been undone, its not moderated when were active, we're discussing it now

Advertisement: