Started by David, May 10, 2005, 01:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

subnet_rx

so, if I understand correctly, there will be a feature freeze after beta 3 and we'll go into RC? 

Tristan Perry

Quote from: subnet_rx on June 14, 2005, 02:23:45 PM
so, if I understand correctly, there will be a feature freeze after beta 3 and we'll go into RC? 
Yes. Beta 3 has all the new features 1.1 will be getting, next are the RC releases which will be mainly bug fixes.

Gary

I know what RC stands for, 'Realse Candidate' but what exactly does it mean? Thats one thing that has always puzzled me...
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Solid Snake on June 14, 2005, 02:48:00 PM
I know what RC stands for, 'Realse Candidate' but what exactly does it mean? Thats one thing that has always puzzled me...
It's a candidate for release. If they [SMF] decided that a RC had no bugs in at all, or was stable enough, they would release that version, or one very similar to it. Releases go through beta stages firstly to make sure that there are no big bugs and to introduce new features, and then when the obvious bugs are gone the release goes into RC stage, where any remaining bugs are fixed before making the version a final release.. or at least that's my take on it.

Linksquest

When will SMF 1.1 Beta 3 by releasd

and when do you think to full version wil by there

Volg mij op Twitter

Miraenda

1.1 Beta 3 is released to charter members already.  It isn't going to be released to non-charter members, I believe, because it is in beta still.

Linksquest

okey, i understand,

but when will the full version of SMF 1.1 by ready,

i realy like to trey it
Volg mij op Twitter

dtm.exe

Quote from: Nintendo on June 17, 2005, 07:42:26 PM
okey, i understand,

i realy like to trey it

It will be ready to release when it's done :).

-Dan The Man

m00h

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 17, 2005, 07:53:31 PM
Quote from: Nintendo on June 17, 2005, 07:42:26 PM
okey, i understand,

i realy like to trey it

It will be ready to release when it's done :).

-Dan The Man

I hope it will be done soon ;D

Linksquest

Volg mij op Twitter

roxpace

I also wanna see the stable or a production release of version 1.1.

I don't feel comfort yet to pay such much money only to become a test-pilot ?  But of course I wanna support this great project, but not to become a test-pilot for something which should be free for everyone to try out.

Anyway, are you never going to release any time plans ?  It would be very useful for many websites which need to plan the future upgradings.

Thanks for a good product :)
Always keep an eye on the latest from me at ...
http://www.jump-gate.com/

dtm.exe

Quote from: roxpace on June 28, 2005, 12:05:41 AM

I don't feel comfort yet to pay such much money only to become a test-pilot ?  But of course I wanna support this great project, but not to become a test-pilot for something which should be free for everyone to try out.

Anyway, are you never going to release any time plans ?  It would be very useful for many websites which need to plan the future upgradings.

SMF 1.1 Public Beta 3 will be released soon...possibly within the next few days.

-Dan The Man

[Unknown]

Anyway, are you never going to release any time plans?

I don't see how it would benefit us in any real way to do so.

-[Unknown]

fugiFox

Why don't u release the beta 3 version for public as a PR with the condition,
"we are not responsible for any bugs, porblems etc?"
I have the feeling that beta 3 is already stable enough.

In other words... don't devoid us the brand new SMF any more   ;D

Ben_S

Quote from: fugi on June 28, 2005, 10:10:39 AM
Why don't u release the beta 3 version for public as a PR with the condition,
"we are not responsible for any bugs, porblems etc?"

Thats how all betas are released. If people use them and it blows their website up, they shouldn't have used it :P.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Tristan Perry

Hello,
I kind of felt the same way when paying for a charter membership, although just because it says Beta doesn't mean the version is unstable or something. I have found that even 1.1 Beta 1 was stable, as was the beta versions of 1.0. If you want to become a charter membership although don't want to be a test pilot, my honest advice would be to go for it  :) Since being a charter member I have only run beta versions for my forum software, although I have found that the betas are as stable as the final release of 1.0.

m00h

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 28, 2005, 12:37:39 AM

SMF 1.1 Public Beta 3 will be released soon...possibly within the next few days.

-Dan The Man

Great News, Dan The Man!

[Unknown]

Those of you interested in this announcement may also have interest in the following topic:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40085.0

-[Unknown]

uMuT12

thank you

Advertisement: