Custom Action Mod

Started by Norv, May 09, 2006, 08:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratching my Head

Hey, Shuban:

<iframe height="410" width="100%" frameBorder="0" src="http://www.YOUR-WEBSITE">your browser does not support IFRAMEs</iframe>

Use that. Just put it in the HTML BODY section of the custom action mod.
No need to do anything with the HEADERS part of the mod.

Make sure it's HTML (type).

You should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Scratching my Head on April 20, 2011, 10:54:22 PM
Hey, Shuban:

<iframe height="410" width="100%" frameBorder="0" src="http://www.YOUR-WEBSITE">your browser does not support IFRAMEs</iframe>

Use that. Just put it in the HTML BODY section of the custom action mod.
No need to do anything with the HEADERS part of the mod.

Make sure it's HTML (type).

You should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Scratching my Head, you're incredible. Thank you :)

Scratching my Head

-=[Vyorel]=-

Very nice mod!

For new version i have one idea:
Add group permission for edit pages from Custom Actions

Thanks!
My mods for SMF - [6].

MrMorph

Did anyone try this on RC5 ?

Masterd

It's working without any problems on SMF 2.0 RC5.

MrMorph

Masterd

firechild

Tremendous Mod. Thanks very much.

I have just moved my forum to a new server, and everything seems to have transferred fine. But when I went to edit the Custom Actions Page I get a "You do not have permission" error message. Any ideas what might be causing that?

Version 1 of SMF, btw.

Cheers

Shorti25

does it run with 2.0 gold ?

Masterd

Yes, it works without any problems.

firechild

Quote from: firechild on June 05, 2011, 06:54:23 AM
Tremendous Mod. Thanks very much.

I have just moved my forum to a new server, and everything seems to have transferred fine. But when I went to edit the Custom Actions Page I get a "You do not have permission" error message. Any ideas what might be causing that?

Version 1 of SMF, btw.

Cheers
No thoughts on this?

Nomadic

Quick question for you. I'd like to call SSI and other variables inside of a custom action so that I can grab someone's name or check if they are logged on, etc. Is this possible? The code in question:

echo '<iframe width="100%" height="600" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=4f9c0ee511c70e93a60faa57c6d7ba77&server=otherworlders.org&channel=%23thecbg&nick=' . $user_info['username'] . '"></iframe>';

I originally assumed that as the actions are called inside the main index page which already includes those variables that I could just pull them out however that doesn't seem to be working. Additionally when I try to include SSI.php inside the action itself it creates an error. Is it possible to do this? Essentially the purpose here is to have it so that if they go to the IRC page they get a mibbit chat window with their username already in the nickname box ready to go. Once this is working I'd also like to use those variables to run a check on whether or not they are logged in (and if not give them a "you must be logged in" message).

TheListener

Can someone help with ther error I mention in this post.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=443537.0

I believe it to be related to this mod.

Stumpy

Can somebody give me an example of using this mod to update an existing table using values from a form?  The mod works great for me to display query results from a table (a schedule), but I can't figure out how to display a form with a submit button which runs an update query on a specific record.   Say for example that I show the schedule for a Monday and I want to update the time that lunch is scheduled?

I think I'm pretty close to doing what I want, but I'm stuck.  If somebody could show me some example code to do this, I'd really appreciate it!

Chaotix

Hi,

I want to create a custom BBC tag.  Is it possible using this mod?  also could someone give me a quick example of how to create a custom bbc tag using this mod?

Thanks

mxcape21

I'm not sure if this mod will help me or not...
I am trying to create a theme select and would love to be able to install it as a mod, added to template but I will settle for a manual file edit that won't wreck my forum like I almost did already....I know very little about coding, just enough to be a danger to a perfectly running site...  ;D
This little js form works and changes my themes on SMF2.0 latest vers. but I need help to add it to my template...I have tested it in add management, custom box, header mod ect., but I want to add it to the very bottom left of template without relying on poorly postioned ad mod to place it.
Anyway here is the js form button that I want on my templates at the bottom left corner -->

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
Running SMF 2.0 latest vers. w/Curve themes

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">

function LinkUp()
{
var number = document.DropDown.DDlinks.selectedIndex;
location.href = document.DropDown.DDlinks.options[number].value;
}
</SCRIPT>

<FORM NAME="DropDown">
<select name="DDlinks">
<OPTION SELECTED>  - Theme -
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#1 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#2 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#3 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#4 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#5 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#6 here
    <option value="url/w_action(see_last_option)"> my Theme#7 here
    <option value="http://mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=my_action;my_theme=#here
"> Green
</select>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Click to Go!" onClick="LinkUp()">
</form>

Thanks
The only thing I can presume, since I know I'm not crazy (certifiably at least), is that everybody else is until they prove otherwise! 8)
http://techraffle.com/forum/index.php

want2live

Anybody ?

When I move this code in SUBS.php:

// Any custom action buttons?
$ca_buttons = unserialize($modSettings['ca_menu_cache']);
foreach ($ca_buttons as $button)
{
$buttons[$button[0]] = array(
'title' => $button[1],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=' . $button[0],
'show' => $button[2] ? allowedTo($button[2]) : true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => true,
);
}

before or after e.g. forum tab I have "sytanx" error. Anybody knows how move those custom tabs around ?

want2live

Lol

I supported my self - little bit around but it works. So whoever will have an issue like me:

1. create a custom action
2. in options of custom action mod - un-tick "show the button"
3. separately go to subs.php and create manually extra button
4. use the action created previously as href

Thank you for support :)

DanCarroll

Has anyone modded this Mod to get it to work with the Package Manager for SMF 2.0.1? Or is manual installation the only option?

Advertisement: