News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Registered Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 07:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MULITRI

Just to let you all know, i have just installed it into a fully moded v2.0.13 forum, and installation was perfect.

I had not errors before install it in Modifications.ebglish.php, but surely if i try to unistall it now, after i have traslated the texts to a different language, it will gives error in that file as it wasn't the original texts.

Nice Mod to encourage visitors to register. Good job, Thanks.

engrz

i have installed this mod in my forum, the installation was successful but the problem is, it is not working with attachments, it is only working with the links in news section.

on news links it says to login or registered, but in attachment the attachment is view able, i want to hide attachments to encourage people to register.

what is the solution?

vbgamer45

It does not hide attachments. Attachments you can hide with permissions in SMF
Only links in posts and parse_bbc areas.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 27, 2017, 01:12:33 AM
It does not hide attachments. Attachments you can hide with permissions in SMF
Only links in posts and parse_bbc areas.

Is there any mod to hide attachment and suggest guest to register to see attachment?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

felizycontento

I cannot uninstall it¡¡

I am runing smf 2.0.15 and I cannot make it stop working.

The mod uninstall without problems, but it keeps avoiding non registered user from seen the links.

It is a good option at the begining of a forum, but when you have enough users it does not help with SEO.

Is there a way at least of make it stop working?

Thanks

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: felizycontento on November 29, 2017, 12:32:52 PM
I cannot uninstall it¡¡

The mod uninstall without problems, but it keeps avoiding non registered user from seen the links.

It is a good option at the begining of a forum, but when you have enough users it does not help with SEO.

Thanks

If I can uninstall it, you must look at the code of the mod to be able to manually remove it, it is to apply the inverse when installing manually. I hope to explain my English is not all good ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

felizycontento

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2017, 06:05:24 PM
Yes and you can use this tool to find the edits
https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

According to this tool, what it does is quite simple. It writes the following in the sources/subs.php file:

// Registered Links
if ($user_info['is_guest'])
{
$message = preg_replace('#<a href="(.*?)</a>#i', $txt['no_view_links'] . "\n" . ' <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=join">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_register'] . '</a>&nbsp;' . $txt['txt_reg_links_or'] . '&nbsp;<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_login'] . '</a>', $message);
}

// End Registered Links

And this is not present in my subs.php file after uninstall

I cleared the cache, but it keeps not showing the links.

Any help welcome

vbgamer45

Strange I would check if you other mods installed? that could cause that issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

felizycontento

I have other plugin but no idea wich could cause this. There is only one i dont know waht is it about. It is called "new hooks o.4.1"

The rest are things like shoutbox, tapatalk, theme changer, recaptcha, optimus

vbgamer45

Could be tapatalk or optmius

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

felizycontento

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 03, 2017, 05:56:20 PM
Could be tapatalk or optmius

Both uninstalled and keeps not working

You can see it at https://acspain.es

felizycontento

Ok, found the problem. Hope it could help someone

When instaling, this mod search for "// Cache the output if it took some time..." and adds its content before.

To uninstal the mod, it search for:

// Registered Links
{
$message = preg_replace('#<a href="(.*?)</a>#i', $txt['no_view_links'] . "\n" . ' <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=join">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_register'] . '</a>&nbsp;' . $txt['txt_reg_links_or'] . '&nbsp;<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_login'] . '</a>', $message);
}

// End Registered Links
// Cache the output if it took some time...

But this is not the only plugin searching for "// Cache the output if it took some time..." and been installed there. So another mod has been inserted between the  "// End registered links." and "// Cache the output if it took some time..."

So he cannot find the text I have entered as code.

It is easy to repair for the creator. Just remove the // cache.... in the search string for uninstalling.

Arantor

That's not possible; the uninstall routine is part of SMF and simply says 'reverse the install instruction'. There's no way to fix this in SMF's current design.

felizycontento

Quote from: Arantor on December 19, 2017, 03:39:25 PM
That's not possible; the uninstall routine is part of SMF and simply says 'reverse the install instruction'. There's no way to fix this in SMF's current design.

Sorry, I thought the creator of the mod could writte an uninstall routine.

Arantor

Not reliably. It's a fundamental problem that ALL SMF mods that do file edits face, not just this one.

naijacrux

Quote from: felizycontento on November 29, 2017, 12:32:52 PM
I cannot uninstall it¡¡

Thanks

this is what to do...go to subs.php

the problem is once installed and uninstall or upgrade smf, the reglinks files will still be in subs,php meaning it doesnt uninstall especially for those who upgrade,unistall might show successful in smf package unstaller but files remains in subs,php, so after uninstalling from package manager on smf,just login to your cpanel , check sources, subs.php, look for this below and delete it. hope this helps. Please subscribe to my youtube if my post helps. thank https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoqi_GflcGVL0Q10-YCwqvg [nofollow]

// Registered Links
      {
         $message = preg_replace('#<a href="(.*?)</a>#i', $txt['no_view_links'] . "\n" . ' <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_register'] . '</a>&nbsp;' . $txt['txt_reg_links_or'] . '&nbsp;<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">' . $txt['txt_reg_links_login'] . '</a>', $message);
      }

// End Registered Links

vbgamer45

You can also just reverse the manual install insutrctions that is my normal tip
I have a package parser at https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jsizizzle

Hello, I tired to uninstall this mod and got a warning and 2 failed messages.  Can someone help me as I'd now like guests to see all links?

Advertisement: