News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Oops on lunabyte.com (LSP)

Started by Michele, April 05, 2004, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michele

If you can't get to www.lunabyte.com, it's because I messed up the name servers. I fixed them, but it will take time for them to propagate to the ISPs name servers, at least a day or so.

If you have any pressing questions, ask them in this thread only, as I don't want to clog up SMF's site with our msgs... (hi Jeff!)  :-[

Thanks, Michele
Dubito ergo cogito ergo sum

Aquilo

Hey Michele! was wondering what happened! :D It's good to know that's all it is!

Herman's Mixen

just a 48 our delay !!
and you're back in business with lunabyte.com
i was wondering why i couldn't get there .. but that explains it ! ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Michele

Yeah, dummy me added a new domain to my site and when I set up the DNS, somehow they all reverted to the default (non-existant) ones.

I've checked the registrar and the proper name servers are now listed, so it shouldn't be too long until we're back up.

Sorry again folks, Michele

Homie

Jeff Lewis

Quote from: Michele on April 05, 2004, 08:18:46 PM
(hi Jeff!)  :-[

Hello! ;) Hope you're doing well...

QuoteI don't want to clog up SMF's site with our msgs...

Really it's not a big deal, you guys are always welcome to post here ;)
Co-Founder of SMF

Michele

Thanks Jeff! I've been playing with the SMF beta release, and it doesn't look too bad as far as integrating it. Right now, we're trying to write our own code for LSP instead of modding yours for so much of it. Then we write a decent bridge file between your code and ours, and in the future we'll be able to keep up with you faster (eg: our code won't break when you change something, or the forum won't break when someone wants to mod it)... it's writing all that code from scratch that takes so much time.  8)

Homie, it's good to know some folks can get there, but I still can't... Roadrunner is a little slow when it comes to updating their name servers. :(

Hang in there... Michele

Room11

Ah - lunarbyte looks quite useful...
Does anyone know if you could just use their upgrade modules to do the trick of using the board or do you have to write a separate mod/bridge for it? ???
Nothing is Impossible
Room 11 Designs

Oldiesmann

If you're using a YaBB SE 1.5x board, you can use their upgrade to use your board with the portal. They are currently re-vamping the entire system so it can be compatible with other forum systems, and then they're going to write a bridge to integrate SMF with it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Coaxs

Chemical Forums
www.chemicalforums.com

Advertisement: