Package Manger Errors

Started by Oldiesmann, April 09, 2004, 05:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I was trying to install one of Grudge's mods on one of my test boards earlier, and ran into an interesting problem.

After clicking "Apply Mod", I get this:

Notice: Undefined XML attribute: name in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 925
Notice: Undefined XML attribute: name in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 925

I don't know why it's giving me the error twice, but I haven't run into this before...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Redeye

I get this when I hit download on the Shoutbox package?
QuoteWarning: fopen(/home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Packages/shout.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 361
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 366
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 366
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 368
Notice: Undefined index: filename in /home/hondavv/public_html/forum2/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 385

Ben_S

You need to make everything writable.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Grudge

Yes - the second posts error is not making the directories writable (Unknown, is there any way we can check this BEFORE installation?!).

The first sounds like a problem with my package - which mod was it?
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

I keep telling you the package manage is plain not done.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

But it's somwhat done and that makes it fun to try out - beta testing if you will :D

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Grudge on April 09, 2004, 08:34:50 PM
Yes - the second posts error is not making the directories writable (Unknown, is there any way we can check this BEFORE installation?!).

The first sounds like a problem with my package - which mod was it?

The instant message one.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

Oldieman,

My instant message package is a dead horse waiting to drown. I appreciate I still have it on my server but I'm sure it's out of date and I need to update it again. It's good for you to have tried it but I'd uninstall it and wait for a new version as it's getting old :(

Grudge

Oldiesmann

I had to uninstall it. It messed everything up:

After ignoring those errors and attempting to install it:

Warning: unlink(.../Sources/InstantMessage.bak): No such file or directory in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 506
Warning: rename(.../Sources/InstantMessage.php,.../Sources/InstantMessage.bak/): Not a directory in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 497
Warning: unlink(.../Themes/default/InstantMessage.template.bak): No such file or directory in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 506
Warning: rename(.../Themes/default/InstantMessage.template.php,.../Themes/default/InstantMessage.template.bak/): Not a directory in .../Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 497

Then, after going to the Personal Messages area:
Notice: Undefined index: pm_folders in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 125
Notice: Undefined index: pm_create_new in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 130
Notice: Undefined index: pm_preferences in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 137
Notice: Undefined index: pm_manage_folders in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 139
Notice: Undefined index: pm_delete_all in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 140
Notice: Undefined index: pm_prune in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 141
Notice: Undefined index: pm_refresh in .../Sources/InstantMessage.php on line 142

It looks like you have an extra / in there someplace and maybe a couple of reversed steps.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

HEB XI 1

lol - dead horse waiting to drown ... interesting mental image there :P

Jack.R.Abbit™

you know what they say... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drown.

Grudge

Oldiesman. Just either uninstall it or reupload InstantMessage.php and InstantMessage.template.php from a fresh SMF download. I'll try take a look at the mod this weekend or else just remove it :)

Advertisement: