News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

HELP Submitting/Editing a MOD

Started by 1948Pal, June 28, 2006, 11:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1948Pal

I've been trying to edit a MOD (streaming 3) for quite a while now. I removed previous files associated with it so I can submit a newly modified zipped file that includes all previous updates and such. But I am getting a persistent error saying something like "the ID for this file is different from previous package ID's..."
The SMF error log is propably filled because of me trying many different things, so much so I am afraid these guys will penalize me some how :) I am not sure what ID I am suppose to use, as I am very sure I use the same ID in the xml file and the mod files that I've been using all along for previous updates. Can anyone help?   
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

Thantos

can you link the actual mod on the mod site.

1948Pal

The only thing that worked was when I link it as a new MOD, but it wont link if I just edit the existing mod.
here is the exact error on the MOD site when I try to submit the new file
QuoteThe package id given in the uploaded file does not match the package id given by previous versions of this mod.
Eugene Fitch Ware

Thantos

Which mod is it?  Sorry but until I get home I don't have the time to search the mod site for the mod you are trying to update.  If you link me the mod you are trying to update I can tell you what ID we have for it.

1948Pal

Eugene Fitch Ware

Thantos

Current:
Package ID:     1948pal:Streaming 4.2.1b

If you want I can change it to 1948pal:Streaming but it'll be later tonight before I can do it.

1948Pal

Yes, if you can! Makes more sense that way. Thank you
Eugene Fitch Ware

Thantos

1948Pal

Alright. One more favor, there is a nother mod, but the same that shoud be removed, streaming oops was submitted bt there is no need for it now. Can you please delete it!
Eugene Fitch Ware

Thantos

Its fine in it's current state.  We don't have a complete deletion on the mod site but removing it from the list will keep anyone from seeing it.

1948Pal

Ok, uploaded successfully but it still shows me a big red warning sign indicating the mod had been removed from the mod site.
Eugene Fitch Ware

Advertisement: