>>New Board Sections! Check this out ! really important !!very important !! <<

Started by ryansdistrict, June 29, 2006, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryansdistrict

hey guys
how about adding a new section to the boards where people show off there services like i have a free advertising program at *snip* its a great service but am not sure where i can tell people about it

also why not creating a link exchange board where people can link exchange with each other to make smf boards most of them of hight rank and quality

;)
For Sale: RD.com-PS.com

Harzem

Tim

Tim

ryansdistrict

ok what about the link exchange issue
i think this board will work very fine cuz each smf board likes to have people linking to them and linking to others

Tony Reid

It was discussed on here along time ago and someone on the team the time said that it wold not be good to list a directory of smf sites - if a security hole was found then it would be easy plucking for any malicious script kiddie.

There were other reasons also - but I think that was the main one.

It was a long time ago though.
Tony Reid

ryansdistrict

its not a directory
its like the one found on namepros.com for people who like to link exchange with other board administrators can request it
have u got what i mean ;)

Oldiesmann

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158 - you can exchange links with lots of other forum admins there. Granted, it's not specifically for SMF, but you'll probably be more likely to find people wanting to exchange links with you there than you would here.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

crappyday

Is this all just nothing but spam?  I read the subject and thought "gee, maybe this is important" and all I see is link after link.  I think this kid got his point across in a very spamming way.  There's a time and place for certain links but I don't think this is the type of place nor the way to present your links to improve your site.

I'm not even someone that gets too uptight on my sites about links but this is overboard, shameless self-promotion and the subject heading is totally misleading. Perhaps we need fewer hyper-active children in this world.

Advertisement: