Contact Page

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2006, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Nope I would stick with the other one.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

New release!

+Supports SMF 2.0
+Adds IP of the form submitter in the email
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

oistarbwoy

is there a way to make the form send a pm instead?

vbgamer45

You would need to edit contact.php and code to send a pm.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

andrewjs18

I'm not seeing the captcha in the contact plugin....what may be wrong?  I'm using SMF 2.0 rc 1.2

vbgamer45

Using standard captcha? And do you have enabled for registration?
Admin's I do not think get captcha

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

oistarbwoy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 31, 2009, 08:04:40 PM
You would need to edit contact.php and code to send a pm.
woul that be hard to do?

vbgamer45

Somewhat requires some code you can check the function site on smf which details the sendpm function

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaryLouW

I installed this Contact Page and didn't have any errors... but I cannot figure out how to get the button to show up along with the rest of my buttons.  Can someone help?  I think having a contact page is an awesome idea - now I just need to be able to access it.

I am running version 1.1.10

vbgamer45

Are you using a custom theme?
If so you need to edit the index.template.php and add a button/link to the contact page

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaryLouW

Yes, I am using a custom theme.  I am really hesitant to do things manually - mostly because I'm not sure what the best way is to edit the files. 

After I posted this, I came back later and was reading through the posts.  I found one where someone had posted what he did and he said it worked so I got brave and tried it.  Fortunately, I made a backup copy because whatever I did gave me an error when I went to my forum.

Decided it if worked for someone else, then it has to work for me. So, I tried again.. and it worked!  I must have left out a bracket somewhere.  Anyway, it is up and running perfectly!  I'm not sure how often it will be used but it's nice to have if needed.. and I love that it takes my forum colors!  It's really a nice module!   THANKS!!!  I guess this one can be marked.. problem solved!!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaryLouW

Yeahhhh... me too!!!  And I love it that the bots can't send messages.   Great job on this one!!!

Guldstrand

I installed this mod without any problems.
But it seems that I do not get any mail, (tested twice).
I get the message that "Your message has been sent ...".

Anyone else having the same problem?
(I'm using SMF 1.1.10.)

vbgamer45

Check your forum's error log for any errors that might have occured.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaryLouW

One error message since yesterday... user entered wrong password.   :)  So, it looks like the contact page is working great!!!!

Now, if only I could get my other little problems solve.  I should probably put this in a separate post... I wanted to install that AJAX chat but got two test failed messages so I I backed out.

gastan

Installed this mod with package manager, tested it and everything was working great.  Then all of a sudden the contact button disappeared. ????  Since I don't know php well (hardly at all) I decided to just uninstall and reinstall.  Figured that would be easied way to get it up and running again.  Got these results when I clicked the uninstall tab in package manager:

Confused because this is talking about installing the mod when I am trying to uninstall.  Will I have to manually uninstall or can I safely use package manager?

No errors in error log.  Using v1.1.10.  Default theme.  Mods installed:
Contact page
View Only Boards
Custom Profile Field Mod
Restrict Email providers on registration
and I think Password Protect Boards

vbgamer45

You should be safe to uninstall it may fail on modifications.english.php since you have other mods installed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gastan

Thanks.  I used auto uninstall with package manaer, then reinstalled and everthing is working again.   ;D

Great mod just the way it is but.....if you ever do any more development on it.....  I have the view only boards mod installed and have set up all the boards to be visible to guests and members but only registered members can access.  When the forum index (? not sure of terminology here...the first page that shows up) is loaded the contact button does not appear.  It only shows up after someone logs in.  It would be nice to have it appear even if you are not logged in.  That way if someone is trying to register but having problems they could send the administrator a message asking for help or something.   

I'm not a coder so the technicalilty of doing this is probably harder than I realize.  Happy to use it the way it is.  Thanks.

vbgamer45

You have to give the membergroup permission to see the contact button

Which can be found under admin -> permissions -> Then modify each group and give them View Contact Page permission

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: