Custom Board Sort

Started by codenaught, July 10, 2006, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codenaught

ltdeta, I have just released version 1.0.1 of the mod that should fix the issue you have.

Just uninstall the mod, download "CustomBoardSort_1.0.1_smf1.1.zip" from the mod's page and upload that. The installer will update the column to have a default value when the column already exists from installing it previously.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

goodsamaritan55

Please update this MOD for SMF 1.1.3
I'd love to SORT BY CREATED (the time and date the topic / thread / first post was created)
Something like: http://drupal.org/forum/2?sort=desc&order=Created&%24Version=1&%24Path=/ [nofollow]

Thanks!

goodsamaritan55

Does not work with a new install of SMF 1.1.3

There is no label for CUSTOM BOARD SORT

And the available choices are
    * Last post
    * Started by
    * Subject
    * Views
    * Replies

This is not available!
    * First post

Yet this is what I'm looking for.

Maybe the mod needs updating to 1.1.3?

goodsamaritan55

I tested the custom sort mod again.
This time I picked the INVISIBLE option.
It works!
The invisible option is the sort by * First Post
Please make the correction for 1.1.3 to show the * First Post sorting option in the drop down menu.

Krysia

Hmm. That's odd.
It seems to work fine with my 1.1.3 SMF version. Granted, it was already installed prior to my updating the SMFware to 1.1.3... maybe that's why.

7earitup

I am getting this error after installing it:
$txt['first_post'] = 'First post'; $txt['asc'] = 'ASC'; $txt['desc'] = 'DESC'; $txt['asc_full'] = 'Ascending'; $txt['desc_full'] = 'Descending'; $txt['sort_desc'] = 'Here you can set the sort method and sort order for this board. Setting the sort method to the default will make it so the board uses the default sort method which in turn makes the sort order use the default as well.'; $txt['sort_title'] = 'Default Sort Method';

Check it out at the top of my page:
http://under-oath.org/forums/index.php [nofollow]

How can I fix this?

codenaught

Open your Themes/default/Modifications.english.php file. You should see that same code somewhere outside of the <?php (first line) and ?> (last line). Move all the text so it is somewhere in between the <?php and ?>.

How do I modify files?
Dev Consultant

sharethefun

i have install this mod.
im going to sort one of my boards but  it returns again to overall forum default.
how can i change it ?

codenaught

Can you describe the steps you have taken? Have you gone to Admin / Boards / Board Name - Modify to set the default sort method and order for a board?
Dev Consultant

sycodelic

I try and install this on version 1.1.4 and get parse errors when useing the package manager

codenaught

What are the parse errors? It doesn't seem like it would be coming from this mod. When exactly do you get them? What stage? When entering the package manager? When actually installing this mod?
Dev Consultant

sycodelic

When I try and install, a screen shot below would explain it better.

Thanks.

hxxp:img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=parsecustomboardzp8.jpg [nonactive]

LanciaSport

Hi
I've tried this with 1.1.4
I've copied the 3 files into where index.php is and run intall.xml
No joy
Any ideas what I need to do?
thanks
JPL

S3NTYN3L

This REALLY needs to be a feature in SMF by DEFAULT!!!

LanciaSport

I've not heard anything. 

It would be really great to have this worked on but I've tried a lot and have no success.

:-(

_Anthony_

codenaught

Hi LanciaSport, this mod will work for both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 I just forgot to update the mod page to state that it would work for 1.1.4.

How are you trying to install the mod? You want to go to Admin / Packages / Download Packages to install it.
Dev Consultant

codenaught

The Custom Board Sort modification package has been updated for SMF 2.0 Beta 3.

Before I upload it to the mod site I would appreciate it if a few people could test it and report back of any problems encountered if any.

Important: You need to clear your forum cache (Admin / Forum Maintenance) if you want to immediately see the changes you make when changing a board's sort method or order.

Thanks. :) The file is attached.
Dev Consultant

LanciaSport

Hi akabugeyes

I've removed all the old packages relating to the mod and started again.  All this is done in the package manager.

I was led to the mod :
SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update

And have done this.  No trouble during this mod, but Admin homepage still thinks I'm on 1.1.4.

Moving on to the alpha mods...

After successful upload, I then tried to install the original CustomBoardSort_1.0.1_smf1.1.zip mod. This showed some errors so I didn't install

I then tried the modification in your last post.  It comes up in the table as 1.0.1 but when I try and install it, it tells me my version of SMF is wrong (or the file is corrupt)

I've now deleted all the alpha mods and will wait to see what you reckon it could be.

thanks

michelangelo

Hello, thanks for this wonderful mod. I use your mod for my own forum and want to know, if it is possible to allow the users to select one permanent sorting option for each forum. So that they don't have to sort the topics manually, each time they are unsatisfied with the forum default sorting order.

Advertisement: