News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

This code is wrong

if ($context['current_action'] == 'smflinks')
      $current_action = 'smflinks';

Should be just links and not smflinks
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

paster_cobra

paster_cobra

link is not show showing in admin panel or on nav bar please help

vbgamer45

Check the other posts in this thread read every one of them.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tsmalmbe

Quote from: paster_cobra on March 12, 2007, 11:30:35 PM
link is not show showing in admin panel or on nav bar please help

Check Modifications.language.php for the correct text.
..:: http://www.kontrollrummet.com - Studio och musik ::.. RSS?

Roger Rabbit

Is there any possible way to put the top 10 submitted link to the home page....like using ssi.php?

canadiancray

OKey dokey lets see. I have added the latest version of SMF links to my forum. I am currently running SMF 1.1.1 with TP. I am using Mirage Theme & would like to get it working. I have read through the posts in this thread but still have a problem. After it installed & said redirecting to the settings page it just went straight into the forum. I am trying to create a link to the mod but even when I put

/forum/index.php?action=links

in the browser it just goes straight to the main forum page.

Any ideas??

vbgamer45

That means the mod was not installed make sure that all the files are writable or needs to be installed manually.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

canadiancray

Are there manual install instructions??

eeg

Great Mod!

Does the category permission lists work? I have been able to use the forum default permissions to set  permissons for all the categories, but when i try to assign a group within a category the right to add links it doesn't do anything.  See i want only certain links categories to have groups post links.  Through the forum permissions it is all or nothing.  I have tried just about every way imaginable like giving all rights and then denying rights to categories(thinking deny overides allow) and the opposite and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas, suggestions, or some code that i can use to allow this to happen. Iam running 1.1.2

Thx :-)

canadiancray

All my file permissions are correct but this thing still won't install. It says during the test that everything passes. Then says install successful but when I try to go to the links it just goes straight to the forum

vbgamer45

You would need to do a manually install then check the doc site.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

canadiancray

where would I find that?? I can't find a link to it on any of the sites with this mod??? I must be blind as my wife always tells me.

yelegen

Friends
I installed the Links mod and it works great I am able to see it and use it at action=links

My problem is I am using dilber mc Template and no matter what I do I cent get a button or text to apper saying links.

I did try what is given here but could not make it work.

attached my index.template  could you please mark the spot and give me exact code for text and or button.

Thank you for the great mod  :D

Bigguy

I could be wrong but I do believe you have to open the index.english.php file and add a text line to it in order to get the link to show.  

eeg

Quote from: eeg on April 01, 2007, 02:28:29 AM
Great Mod!

Does the category permission lists work? I have been able to use the forum default permissions to set  permissons for all the categories, but when i try to assign a group within a category the right to add links it doesn't do anything.  See i want only certain links categories to have groups post links.  Through the forum permissions it is all or nothing.  I have tried just about every way imaginable like giving all rights and then denying rights to categories(thinking deny overides allow) and the opposite and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas, suggestions, or some code that i can use to allow this to happen. Iam running 1.1.2

Thx :-)

Does anybody have some ideas about this?

Thx

frizz

sry but this mod doesn't work
i have dilber as theme

please help me

greetz

yelegen

I installed on dilber, only I cant get links button to show.
if installed right you can at least use it at yoursite.com/index.php?action=links

kat

Quote from: eeg on April 02, 2007, 09:10:37 PM

Yes. Like the latest version of the arcade, this mod suffers from permissions overkill. You have to set the permissions in the normal "Permissions" admin section AND in the mod, itself.

Bloody pain, it is, coz we have fourteen membergroups to wade through, TWICE!

eeg

Quote from: kat on April 03, 2007, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: eeg on April 02, 2007, 09:10:37 PM

Yes. Like the latest version of the arcade, this mod suffers from permissions overkill. You have to set the permissions in the normal "Permissions" admin section AND in the mod, itself.

Bloody pain, it is, coz we have fourteen membergroups to wade through, TWICE!

Thanks for the response.  I set that the Regular Members in the normal permission section can view all groupings, but then wanted the regular members to have post ability to a specific links group only.  Do i need to create another group to be able to do this or is there a way to do this?  I  would liike to use the regular members group as all users are automatically added into it. If i create  another group, i will have to add members manually?  Correct, or am i missing something here(which is possible).  Thanks for any assitance.  

Advertisement: