News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willerby

What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

zorro18

Hello,

I have installed it on RC 2.0 1-2. The description is not being taken. When I write some thing and save it, it simply disappears.

What would be the problem and what would be the fix.?

Thanks for the help!
SMF community Rocks !!

MrMorph

Xavi-Nena

1. what file would I edit to add text above where the links start?

2. is there a way to hide the subcategories from under the parent category?

3. how can i move the parent category links above the sub category links w/in the category?

Kindred

I added

echo '
<div style="border:solid 1px yellow;padding:5px;margin:5px;"><span class="smalltext">' ,$txt['smflinks_disclaimer'] , '</span></div><br />';

just below

echo '
<div style="padding: 3px;">', theme_linktree(), '</div>';

right near the top of links2.template.php

I then defined
$txt['smflinks_disclaimer']
in links.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zorro18

Quote from: zorro18 on August 01, 2009, 09:51:49 AM
Hello,

I have installed it on RC 2.0 1-2. The description is not being taken. When I write some thing and save it, it simply disappears.

What would be the problem and what would be the fix.?

Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the bump. Help with this will be really appreciated.
SMF community Rocks !!

Xavi-Nena

Quote from: Kindred on August 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM
I added

echo '
<div style="border:solid 1px yellow;padding:5px;margin:5px;"><span class="smalltext">' ,$txt['smflinks_disclaimer'] , '</span></div><br />';

just below

echo '

I then defined
in links.english.php

I am sorry who was this directed to?

Kindred

Quote from: NenaGb on August 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM
I added

echo '

just below

echo '

I then defined
in links.english.php

I am sorry who was this directed to?

Quote from: NenaGb on August 02, 2009, 10:22:02 AM
1. what file would I edit to add text above where the links start?

also, the answer to 2 and 3 is that you will have to modify the links2.template.php file...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

c-ron

I've installed SMF Links 2.0 on a 1.1.10 forum without any errors.
However, Administrators are the only ones who can Edit or Delete links on the link approval page, even though it's specified in the membergroup permissions that a few other groups have these abilities. Here's Global Moderator for instance:

I can see the Edit and Delete links fine when I set my primary membergroup to Administrator, but when I change it back to Global Mod, those links are gone:

Is this a bug?

vbgamer45

Edit and Delete links work only for owner of the link.
Admins are allowed to edit/delete any links
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

c-ron

I was also the owner/submitter of the link in that example.. so that shouldn't be the issue. Anything else that might cause those options to not show?

Other issues:

*The [up] and [down] links for reorganizing categories and subcategories don't do anything most of the time, yet do work -some- of the time. ???

*URLs with ampersand '&' in them become '&amp;' breaking the URL.

Example: http://forums.mapcore.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6806 [nofollow]
becomes: http://forums.mapcore.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&amp;t=6806 [nofollow]  <- Not a valid page

--

<3 <3 <3 Requests for future versions of SMF Links <3 <3 <3:

*Add the option to turn off 'Total Links' count. The current setup only counts links in categories (and subcategories, with that option enabled) but not sub-subcategories, which we're using a number of, so link counts show as '0' in each of the main cats. on the links page.
Example: If you had '2D & 3D Graphics' as a category, then 'Blender' as a subcategory, and then 'Video Tutorials' as a sub-subcategory with 50 links inside of it, the link count for '2D & 3D Graphics' would still display as '0', and users think there's nothing there to see.

*Redirect users to the last page viewed when you're done editing a link or category, instead of redirecting to the main links page.

*Add in support for horizontal rule bars to break the links up a bit, as an option to have them appear right above unclickable categories that appear as bold text headers in between the links for better organization. If they could also serve as an HTML anchor, that would awesome. This would also cut down on a few clicks to get the links you want.

Example:

Category One:
Link A
Link B

Category Two:  <-- Also has a HTML anchor (#cat2 or so) to jump down to here when specifying ?action=links#cat2 in the URL.
Link C
Link D

*Add a mouse-over preview of the URL you'll be going to if you're to click a link (currently there's no way to tell what you'll be visiting exactly).

Thanks vbgamer45! Keep up the good work!

ailarkaljurand

Error: Table 'vhost7052s0.smf_links' doesn't exist
Fail: /www/apache/domains/www.homezonefoorum.net/htdocs/Sources/Links.php
Line: 1073

What shoud I do?

Kindred

add the table? :)

Look in the manual instructions for installing the mod and find th SQL statement to add the table to your database
Слaва
Украинi

c-ron

Quote from: c-ron on August 12, 2009, 01:21:46 AM
*URLs with ampersand '&' in them become '&amp;' breaking the URL.

Example: http://forums.mapcore.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6806 [nofollow]
becomes: http://forums.mapcore.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&amp;t=6806 [nofollow]  <- Not a valid page

Until this can be fixed, a workaround is to use tinyurl.com [nofollow]

c-ron

Quote from: c-ron
*The [up] and [down] links for reorganizing categories and subcategories don't do anything most of the time, yet do work -some- of the time. ???

This seems to only happen in subcategories, the main categories can be rearranged *most* of the time.

When the subcategories are refusing to move, it sometimes jumps back to the main links page and *apparently* moves the parent category up or down on the main page (it really doesn't, it just *looks* that way, but if you try to 'fix' it, it looks like it jumps 2 places, or, gives you and error that it's already the top category [it is, it just isn't displaying that way]).

However, when you go back into the subcategory, -sometimes- they've moved the way you wanted. In my case, it didn't work.

Here's a video showing this in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKRk2eE8vg [nofollow]

As a temporary workaround, we've made all the subcategories into main categories, and limit subs to only 1 level deep.

c-ron

rgecy

Is it possible to post a link under the main Links area without having to create a category?

If not, is it possible to modify?

Robert

vbgamer45

Quote from: rgecy on August 22, 2009, 09:46:35 PM
Is it possible to post a link under the main Links area without having to create a category?

If not, is it possible to modify?

Robert
Not possible yes you can modify the code if you have knowledge of php/mysql
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rgecy

I figured that! ;D  Any help on where to get started?

Robert

Advertisement: