Add Stars to Profile

Started by vbgamer45, July 17, 2006, 03:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

im guessing this is a good comment so thank you :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TheListener

How would a user add this to the Ultimate profile mod?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TheListener

Quote from: Runic on March 24, 2012, 08:07:10 AM
no idea

(must stop edits in the early hours).

I meant the section of code I would need to add this to the Ultimate Profile mod.

:-[

Deaks

my answer remains ... I have never used that mod, never looked at the coding, id assume that it be the same but search the mods new files for what it changes :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

TheListener

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

technical4u28

try to check the mod version
Free SMF Support Contact me.......

www.technical4U.com

Deaks

technical4u28: do you use the ultimate profile mod along with this one? if so how did you get around it.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

TheListener

Runic

Have a look at Masterds mod which does the same thing.

:)

Masterd hasn't been about since December 2012.

Deaks

Really?

I took over this mod so I could incorporate it into my other mod that is similar:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2375
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

In the images folder, what is this mod call because I am looking at 1)star.gif 2)starmod. gif 3)staradmin.gif 4)star.gif and they are all those default colored blocks when I open click the image.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

This mod adds no images to your forum. It adds the star images as set for the membergroups as defined in your admin center.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

CheeseHead05

Quote from: Gary on May 27, 2013, 04:55:07 AM
This mod adds no images to your forum. It adds the star images as set for the membergroups as defined in your admin center.

So where exactly is the "starstoprofile" folder supposed to be located in the ftp (I am using a custom theme) just in the dafault folder?
And in the space next to {theme URL}/images/, do I remove "star.gif"? Im not 100% clear on how this works.

CheeseHead05

In my ftp, the starstoprofile zip file is not opening/extracting.

Deaks

cheesehead05 ... go to Admin - Package Manager - Download Packages

here you will see Upload a Package click on browse and find the .zip of the mod that is on your computer then click upload
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

Quote from: Runic on May 28, 2013, 10:54:12 PM
cheesehead05 ... go to Admin - Package Manager - Download Packages

here you will see Upload a Package click on browse and find the .zip of the mod that is on your computer then click upload

I have done that and it is listed as the current version in the Browse Package area but in the FTP, I cant extract it into my custom theme under images. Then I extracted it on my computer but there is no image files.

Deaks

this mod does not add images, it makes the stars or badge that has been defined before show up in your profile, all it does it alter some code.

For example when you visit my profile:

www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=23577

Where my name is you see

Runic
Project Manager

If we installed this mod here you would see

Runic

Project Manager

It uses the star or image that is aready there.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

okay. So what do I type in the blank space after I remove star.gif? And Im now assuming that the zip file doesnt have to be in a specific folder right because as long as it is running as current version with the green dot, it should work regardless of where the file is in the ftp?

CheeseHead05

Hello?

After I remove 'stars.gif' from the space, what do I replace it with so that the stars will show??

Advertisement: