News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshieDaMan

1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.turkish.php    Skipping file
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.turkish.php    Skipping file
5.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/SPortal.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/SPortal.template.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/SPortal.english.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/SPortal.turkish.php    
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/arrow.gif    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/dot.gif    
15.    Execute Code    database.php

Please help! The theme is phobos. I tried SMF Package Parser.

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 50: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xFD 0x20 0x65 0x74 in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 472

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: <search position="before"><![CDATA[$txt['who_enabled'] = 'Kimler Online\'� et in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 472

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 472

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php:472 Stack trace: #0 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(472): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<?xml version="...') #1 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(441): parseModificationXML('/home/sleepy1/b...', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'theme') #2 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(96): parsePackageInfoXML('/home/sleepy1/b...', 'install', 'theme') #3 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(782): parseArchive('/tmp/phpRoKUzT', 'install', 'theme') #4 {main} thrown in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 472

jusplay77

For some reason in the Top Posters Block, it only shows the #1 top posters avatar (which happens to be me).. Is there a way to show everyones avatar?

[SiNaN]

If you want to use the portal with the other themes, you should make the theme changes for the other themes also.

I'll write the manual installation here for users who wants to install manually.

jusplay77, the reason is that it is arranged in that way. I mean it only shows the #1 top poster's avatar. But I'll write the codes for you to show all of them, soon.

Now I started to develop the v1.0. Now working on the custom blocks. Came to the end. :) Update is coming soon...
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

JoshieDaMan

Thanks for offering to write on manual how to replace/add code. That's only what really helps me and help me a lot to understand.

By the way, if you are wondering what theme I am using. It's a custom and the theme would be phobos.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=412

Thanks a lot, a lot a lot!

denzil69

I can install manually and transfer files etc, but it worries me that errors shown when installed via admin, will cause problems when i upload them manually?

[SiNaN]

Quote from: denzil69 on March 20, 2008, 10:13:47 AM
I can install manually and transfer files etc, but it worries me that errors shown when installed via admin, will cause problems when i upload them manually?

You can be sure that it will not cause any errors if you do not make any mistak during the manual install. Package install gives errors because of that it can not find the exact codes to change just becuase it is not clever enough. :)

Geoff Mendicino

Hey, [SiNaN]. My website's forum is here:
http://freezecracker.com/forum/index.php

The actual board news content in the middle is cut off when I remove avatars; I'd like for it to use the entire space.

When I put avatars, the avatar cuts off part of the actual post. Could you fix both/either of these? Thanks a lot man, I love your work.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Geoff Mendicino on March 20, 2008, 07:23:34 PM
Hey, [SiNaN]. My website's forum is here:
http://freezecracker.com/forum/index.php

The actual board news content in the middle is cut off when I remove avatars; I'd like for it to use the entire space.

When I put avatars, the avatar cuts off part of the actual post. Could you fix both/either of these? Thanks a lot man, I love your work.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg1465719#msg1465719

[SiNaN]

Use the package attached below with the mod parser.

http://sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php

Kender

just posting so i can more easilly track this thread (under... show new replies since last visit)

since i dont want email notificaiton on this one, its the easiest way to track  :)

im planning on using this mod, but once its has a little more features available for it 
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

JoshieDaMan

5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

Still..

Am I supposed to install it first, or fix it before install?

jusplay77

Quote5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

Still..

Am I supposed to install it first, or fix it before install?

What I do in the case of a Test-Failed.  I backup all the files being modified, and then make a new folder called "Edits".. and put the 2 files that failed into that folder.  After such, Manually add the code to just those 2 files (ModSettings.php and index.template.php)  - Once it's finished, go to the Package Manager, install the mod and then go to your FTP Client and transfer over the files you manually edited (overwriting). 

[SiNaN]

Kender, custom blocks feature is finished. Now working on the article module. After that only a new panel will be needed.

Good idea justplay77.

JoshieDaMan, I gave that package for the mod parser. It works with the mod parser, but the orijinal not. Make the changes manually by using the mod parser.

Kender

one thing i would like to see implemented is...

if a section is members only (arcade, chess, profiles, mlist) then its not clickable..
maybe a smalltext saying login to view
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Kender on March 21, 2008, 06:58:48 AM
one thing i would like to see implemented is...

if a section is members only (arcade, chess, profiles, mlist) then its not clickable..
maybe a smalltext saying login to view

What is not clickable?

Kender

example

i am a guest on your forum, i see that you have arcade block, so i click on "random game"

i get brought to login page saying you must be logged in to do this, i would rather see that i cannot do it before i click the link... smalltext saying.. "you must login to do this" instead of a link to the action

BuЯЯЯЯaK

thanks sinan very nice :)

(www.evigibi.com/forum kullandığım temaya göre düzenleyince çok sexy oldu :) )

LiamTheDuck

any chance of  upgrading to SMF 2?
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

Hoochie Coochie Man

Quote from: [●ριмρєя12●] on March 21, 2008, 10:53:30 AM
any chance of  upgrading to SMF 2?
I think, Sinan is waiting for a RC version or Final 2.0 :)
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Advertisement: