AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Gemini, your Modifications.english file looks good. Try this config file though

ricorico

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 31, 2009, 01:12:52 AM
Quote from: SunKing on March 30, 2009, 05:58:12 PM
No solution for ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 error yet? I would really like to try this chat/shoutbox out but I am losing hope...

Ok after some more digging around I found a couple users who were getting the same error and this seemed to work for them so it won't hurt to try it....fingers crossed.....

Open chat/js/chat.js

Find
            this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
Replace with
            if (this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status != 0) {
               this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
            }

thanks for that :D mine kept doing it, im trying it. hopefully it wont do that error anymore :)

getandshare

@mrtrc

You mean ill have to edit code manually?  But package manager hasnt given any error during installation...
And if ill edit and insert mod manually will i have option about it in my admin panel?

Jiveturkey

You should have a file manager option in your C-Panel (hosting side).  You'll eventually get good at modifying code. :)

Jiveturkey

I've made some progress.  I deleted the index.php file and the installed it.  Now the chat pops up. 

Once in the chat it doesn't show my as being logged in.  I'm not in the user window and messages don't get posted.  I logged out of SMF and then clicked on the chat button.  It popped up and asked me for me login info.  After I typed that in it just opened my forum in the chat window.

I got the ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 error and changed the code that was just mentioned but that didn't help.  The error doesn't pop up anymore but all of the other problems persist.

Jiveturkey

I also noticed that the little green light in the upper righthand corner constantly blinks green and orange.

mrtrc266

Quote from: getandshare on March 31, 2009, 05:04:00 AM
@mrtrc

You mean ill have to edit code manually?  But package manager hasnt given any error during installation...
And if ill edit and insert mod manually will i have option about it in my admin panel?

Yes you'll have to edit the files manually in yourforum/Themes/airy_midnight20rc .You didn't get any errors cuz it ALL Mods only install on the default theme, if you switch to the default theme it should be working.

Thats also the same reason you don't see all the Top Stats.

Attatch your yourforumsmf2/Themes/airy_midnight20rc/index.template.php and style.css files if you can't get it going.

mrtrc266

@ jive, I just all your posts over at Sourceforge and it seems like your getting good responses. Those are definately the guys to ask regarding your issue. They know that AJAX Chat like the back of their hand. Post back any progress.

DutchLunatic

Hi all
I was looking into the \chat\lib\class\AJAXChat.php file and was wondering if there is something not right
under // Get the online users for the given channels:

function getLogoutXMLMessage() {
$xml = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>';

everything underneath it is in a black color in my php program. there are 4 similar codes in this file
If I take out the last ? or > than it's ok but of course the chat won't work.

mrtrc266

@ DutchLunatic you mean it doesn't look like this?

See Attatched...

DutchLunatic

@mrtrc266  yes yours look the same.

In my php program everything after // is in a green color
$xml is in red but after the last line what i posted before it tuns into black which does it when there is something wrong.

mrtrc266

Sorry I guess I'm not following you. Are you trying to edit that file? When I look at it in notepad++ it looks fine and it works fine as well ???

DutchLunatic

No I don't want to edit it.  I was looking into it and I just noticed.
My php program just says there is something wrong with that line but it's working, maybe it's that program that I use (EngInSite for PHP)

Was finding out why my global moderators don't have a moderator role in chat and was looking why all members can display IP's.

dextrous

hmm, installed it...now...Warning: require(.../cricketforum2/chat/lib/custom.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in ..../cricketforum2/chat/index.php on line 17

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/.../cricketforum2/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /.../cricketforum2/chat/index.php on line 17

running SMF 2.0 RC1

mrtrc266

@DutchLunatic

There was a post about that a few pages back, I think there was a fix for it. I know there's a ton of posts here but see if you can find it, I gotta run to work.

@dextrous

You installed this via the package manager?

Jiveturkey

I figured it out.  I turned off Pretty URL's again and it works.  Hooray!

Now how can I configure Pretty/URL's to allow an exception for AjaxChat?

Jiveturkey

I added this piece of code to the SMF htaccess file

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

I added under the actions set of rules.  Everything works perfectly now.  If anyone else has a problem like mine feel free to shoot me a note and I'll help out.

dextrous

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 31, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

@dextrous

You installed this via the package manager?
Yes, found it under SMF mods! I did something wrong, I'm guessing :P

Jiveturkey

How do I keep regular members from being able to see other member's IP's?  I don't need to see them as an Admin either so I'm fine with killing the entire option.

[unplugged]

Well...that got rid of the error. But that's all it did. I still cannot post. It is still not drawing user information from the forum. Nothing works.

It looks good.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Advertisement: