AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: Atheo on May 07, 2009, 07:12:52 AM
Hello,

I have changed the file permissions and done everything suggested (I think) but I am still getting an "Internal Server Error" when clicking the chat button. The shoutbox works fine.

your /chat/index.php is set to 755?

mrtrc266

Quote from: MUSTAfaINE on May 07, 2009, 11:17:35 AM
i`am  wanting to sqls in php my admin about this chat mod because the install.php file is not working in my site..

if anybody download it who has the mod i can upload the tables in my php admin

install.php doesn't work?

You shouldn't have to run the install.php Just upload the AJAX Chat Intergration 3.0 Mod to your site via the Package Manager and Apply the Mod. It will install everything for you, the tables, the chat, shoutbox and then intergrate it all with SMF.

ThePriest

I need to intergrate this brilliant mod into my custom theme but I cannot do it.  Can you help please.

Forum: http://www.landrover6pot.org/sixpotforum/index.php?action=forum

As you see it uses custom buttons.  Your mod works with all other themes on my forum.

I have managed a work around but it is not very good.

I have attached the index.template.php that it is using presently.

Help please

Cixi

Hello.
I have just installed your very nice and helpful MOD but it only work with default theme.
I installed the PROF ( http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1508 ) but it does not work with it.
Is there anything I can do to let it work with this Theme?
Thank You in advance. ;)

dzinerfusion

Hi me again  :D (if you remember me) I switched to try 2.0 RC1 and donea ll the edits and permissons and lall the bits needed and it will not open in a pop up. What di  u have to add to the codeso it will pop up in 2.0 RC1

tfs

Everyone,

Here's a link to a nice Simple Portal block that now allows AJAX shoutbox to work in a top or a side block!  Just came out today.

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=2233

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Enders

Quote from: primetime on May 06, 2009, 09:44:35 PM
LEt me try this question here...

I have  silentwave theme installed. the shoutbox works fine the chat works fine. The problem I have is that the chatbox does not popup in a new window like it does in the default theme. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have made the edits per the instructions but have not had any luck.

I got the same issue o.o

mrtrc266

Quote from: Enders on May 08, 2009, 12:34:53 AM
Quote from: primetime on May 06, 2009, 09:44:35 PM
LEt me try this question here...

I have  silentwave theme installed. the shoutbox works fine the chat works fine. The problem I have is that the chatbox does not popup in a new window like it does in the default theme. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have made the edits per the instructions but have not had any luck.

Quote from: bluesinjid on May 07, 2009, 10:21:51 PM
Hi me again  :D (if you remember me) I switched to try 2.0 RC1 and donea ll the edits and permissons and lall the bits needed and it will not open in a pop up. What di  u have to add to the codeso it will pop up in 2.0 RC1

I got the same issue o.o

Make sure that this part of the edit for your index.template.php file is before the </body> tag

if ($modSettings['enableChatBelowPM']){
$count = count(chatOnlineUsers());
if ($count == 0 )
echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
elseif ($count == 1 )
  echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. '.<br />';
else
  echo '<br /> ' . $count. $txt['chat_users']. '<br />';
}
$num = ($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? $count : 0;
$context['menu_buttons']['chat']['title'] .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
if ($modSettings['chatPopUp']){
$context['menu_buttons']['chat']['href'] .= '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;';
echo '
<script type="text/javascript">
          function openWindow(url,width,height,options,name) {
          width = width ? width : 800;
            height = height ? height : 600;
              options = options ? options : \'resizable=yes\';
              name = name ? name : \'openWindow\';
              window.open(
              url,
              name,
              \'screenX=\'+(screen.width-width)/2+\',screenY=\'+(screen.height-height)/2+\',width=\'+width+\',height=\'+height+\',\'+options
              )
          }
</script>';
}

mrtrc266

Quote from: tfs on May 07, 2009, 11:15:26 PM
Everyone,

Here's a link to a nice Simple Portal block that now allows AJAX shoutbox to work in a top or a side block!  Just came out today.

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=2233

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Thanks for letting us know about this as there have been a lot of requests. That's awesome!

Added this post to the FAQ's

mrtrc266

@ Cixi you have to do all the edits to your custom theme.

~~~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~~~

mrtrc266

@ The Priest, what exaclty is the problem, the button looks good on your site and it directs it to the Chat ???

Enders

syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';'

^^ when i tried the theme edit to fix the "chat button" issue

function template_html_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '

if ($modSettings['enableChatBelowPM']){
         $count = count(chatOnlineUsers());
         if ($count == 0 )
            echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
         elseif ($count == 1 )
           echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. '.<br />';
         else
           echo '<br /> ' . $count. $txt['chat_users']. '<br />';
      }
      $num = ($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? $count : 0;
      $context['menu_buttons']['chat']['title'] .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
      if ($modSettings['chatPopUp']){
         $context['menu_buttons']['chat']['href'] .= '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;';
         echo '
               <script type="text/javascript">
             function openWindow(url,width,height,options,name) {
                width = width ? width : 800;
               height = height ? height : 600;
              options = options ? options : \'resizable=yes\';
              name = name ? name : \'openWindow\';
              window.open(
                 url,
                 name,
                 \'screenX=\'+(screen.width-width)/2+\',screenY=\'+(screen.height-height)/2+\',width=\'+width+\',height=\'+height+\',\'+options
              )
             }
               </script>';
      }

</body></html>';
}

mrtrc266

@ Enders attatch your index.template.php file please

Enders

mrtrc266

Quote from: Enders on May 08, 2009, 01:47:55 AM
HEre you go :)

Try this one, if there are any probs I will take a look in the morn...have to get to bed

Enders

Mm no errors, just that nothing happened except # of users appeared on the header.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Enders on May 08, 2009, 02:12:12 AM
Mm no errors, just that nothing happened except # of users appeared on the header.

Post a link to the theme you're using and the URL to your site. I'll take a look in the morning

PM me the link to your site if your don't want it public.

MUSTAfaINE

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 07, 2009, 11:35:28 AM
Quote from: MUSTAfaINE on May 07, 2009, 11:17:35 AM
i`am  wanting to sqls in php my admin about this chat mod because the install.php file is not working in my site..

if anybody download it who has the mod i can upload the tables in my php admin

i want to said i couldnt work this file Tables_1.1.X.php you know i want to tables only

install.php doesn't work?

You shouldn't have to run the install.php Just upload the AJAX Chat Intergration 3.0 Mod to your site via the Package Manager and Apply the Mod. It will install everything for you, the tables, the chat, shoutbox and then intergrate it all with SMF.

ThePriest

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 08, 2009, 12:59:37 AM
@ The Priest, what exaclty is the problem, the button looks good on your site and it directs it to the Chat ???

Yes it does pop up but in a full size window with scroll/toolbars

If you have a read of the index.template.php you will see I have had to bodge the href= call to get it to do this.   Also very often it foes not parse accross the username like this so a log in screen appears insead untill you refresh and then it goes in.

Thanks

Atheo

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 07, 2009, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: Atheo on May 07, 2009, 07:12:52 AM
Hello,

I have changed the file permissions and done everything suggested (I think) but I am still getting an "Internal Server Error" when clicking the chat button. The shoutbox works fine.

your /chat/index.php is set to 755?

mrtrc266: yes I have changed everything and still same error

Advertisement: