Simple Machines is proud to announce the release of SMF 2.0 RC1. This first Release Candidate for 2.0 concludes the period of beta testing and is one of last steps towards 2.0 going gold. Numerous bugs that were reported after the release of Beta 4 have been fixed and improvements have been made to security, stability, and performance.
If you are currently running 2.0 beta 4 we advise you to upgrade to 2.0 RC1 as it is more stable and secure. Charter Members using 2.0 RC1 are advised to upgrade for security improvements not available in the preview release.
Together with the release of SMF 2.0 RC1, a security release has been made for the 1.1 branch: SMF 1.1.8. If you are currently running 1.1.7 you can choose to upgrade to 1.1.8 or 2.0 RC1, both of which contain the security updates.
Major changes since the last release:
* Fixed a significant number of bugs reported by Beta Testers, Charter members, and community members.
* Improved security by updating session checks and building in extra checks.
* Fixed a small number of security vulnerabilities reported by the community.
* Updated the interface to ensure a more intuitive navigation.
* Updated the profile interface to be more consistent with the administration and moderation center navigation.
* Several theme improvements for better semantics and standards support.
* Better database layer support.
Note: the packages include everything you need to install a fresh board, or to upgrade from 2.0 Beta 4 – or any previous version of SMF. You can check out the changelog on the download page for a full list of changes.
Please continue to report all bugs and request support in the dedicated boards. We're very keen to hear your feedback, positive and negative, to help us continue to improve the software.http://download.simplemachines.org/Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!