News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RC1 Upgrade Error

Started by KahneFan, February 05, 2009, 01:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Upgraded to RC1 and now receiving this error...

Warning: require_once(.../Sources/Subs-SPortal2.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in .../index.php on line 64

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '.../Sources/Subs-SPortal2.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in .../index.php on line 64
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Tyrsson

Ok what point are you at now.... I have never had an issue like that one with a large upgrade package..
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

KahneFan

It went all the way through the upgrade process. I did notice that it would not reinstall SP during the mod reinstall step. Then once I clicked the box to delete the upgrade.php and then clicked the link to my site the error appeared :(

Tyrsson

Snag the file and attach it here. There must have been some of the code that was not removed.

KahneFan

Which file, the subs or the index.php or my themes index.template.php or... ?

The upgrade was not able to reinstall SimplePortal and I'm wondering if my site is trying to send its self to the SimplePortal page instead of my regular page (?).

Tyrsson

Both, need to see if there is left over code from SP in those..

KahneFan

It appears to have left many traces of SP. I installed the file it was asking for (since it was gone), then it asked for another, so I reinstalled it, now it's saying a block template it missing. So SP2 MUST be uninstalled prior to upgrade. I'll see how far I can get and report back.

Tyrsson

If push comes to shove do this.

grab a copy of your settings.php and settings_bak.php and place them in a rc1 directory. Remove the install.php and overwrite the forum directory. This should replace all files with fresh versions and remove all traces of the SP.

Please make sure to have current backups of the settings and settings_bak on your pc and in the directory you are uploading.

:)

KahneFan

Well, I manually uninstalled the traces of SP in the Sources folder (ugh). Now it appears as though a few other mods which did not install are starting to give me grief.

Let me ask this. If I uninstall the mods I do have working and then just drop a fresh sources directory over the one I have, will that repair everything and then I can just reinstall the mods I want?

Tyrsson

My last post would be the best route to go. Will give you all fresh files :)

Tyrsson

WHen you do this use a install package and not the upgrade by the way.

KahneFan

That did the trick. Thanks :D

I took a screenshot of all my mods before I deleted them so I would know what to get back :D

Tyrsson

Glad you got it sorted out :) You can mark this as solved if you have no further questions.

KahneFan

I always forget about that little button :D

Again, thanks for the help.

Everything reinstalled... except SP :(

dextrous

Quote from: Tyrsson on February 05, 2009, 02:17:02 AM
If push comes to shove do this.

grab a copy of your settings.php and settings_bak.php and place them in a rc1 directory. Remove the install.php and overwrite the forum directory. This should replace all files with fresh versions and remove all traces of the SP.

Please make sure to have current backups of the settings and settings_bak on your pc and in the directory you are uploading.

:)
I have run into the same problem...can you explain how to do this? Not sure i follow.

KahneFan

Ug, trying this again for 2.1 --> 1.1

Advertisement: