News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide Tag Special

Started by enik, April 11, 2005, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

QuoteIs it possible to automatically hide all the first responses to threads, say, in board 13?

Still waiting for an answer to this.

For instance: Enable auto add [hide][/hide] on all first posts for every thread feature

hayley2007

Quote from: hayley2007 on April 20, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
installed on 2.0.2 forum with no other add ons and cannot find where to turn this mod on? there is no Admin - hide tag option :/ any help?

any help on this guys? :(

my forum really needs the hide. losing out on donations as a donation group i made one of the perks was to see under hidden code without replying.

no error on initial install and it does say its installed (green light) but no settings to be found??

Kindred

hayley2007,

?action=admin;area=HtsAdmin;

Liam_michael,

my previous comment was apparently wrong.
see the options at the bottom of the admin page

Enable auto add [hide][/hide] on new topics:
Boards for auto hide hidden content on new topic.:
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hayley2007

what do i do with '?action=admin;area=HtsAdmin;' #blonde

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2012, 09:15:34 AM
hayley2007,

?action=admin;area=HtsAdmin;

Liam_michael,

my previous comment was apparently wrong.
see the options at the bottom of the admin page

Enable auto add [hide][/hide] on new topics:
Boards for auto hide hidden content on new topic.:

Not on new topics... I want it to automatically hid the first response to the topic... I still want the initial thread starter's post to be unhidden, just the first reply I want hidden.

Kindred

Hayley, use that URL on your site.

Liam, no... The mod does not do that. You would have to code it yourself
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hayley2007

Thanks

just takes me to my admin start page. not got HTS its not showing.

its the only one thats installed even though when my forum got upgraded the old mods were on there but not activated

Kindred

if that does not work, then the mod was not correctly installed. You will probably have to run the manual parser and edit the files by hand.
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2012, 05:15:55 PM
Hayley, use that URL on your site.

Liam, no... The mod does not do that. You would have to code it yourself

Not too sure how, Kindred. Would you happen to know how? :(

Kindred

sorry, no.... I am not a developer by any means....  ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on May 02, 2012, 07:50:41 AM
sorry, no.... I am not a developer by any means....  ;)

Thanks anyway

jaisi

How it work? Hide enclosed from Suspicious Visitors.

Square

Hi,

What is the latest version of "Hide Tag Special" for SMS 1.1.16?
Thanks.

Square

Quote from: Adk-Team on April 11, 2005, 03:41:07 PM
Link to Mod

Hi,

Is it just me or?
When I click on that link, there is no 3.0 there.
So, what is the latest version for SMS 1.1.16?
I did download HideTagSpecial185Fix but there are 26 files in the zip and no clear explanation.

Or is there another mod doing the same thing? I searched all the mods and couldn't find.

Kindred

looks like 1.85 is the newest for the SMF 1.1.x series. If you read the mod download page, you'll note that the 3.0 versions are for SMF 2.0 only.

As for instructions...   like any mod. download the mod package - then upload and install it to your forum site using the package manager
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Package_manager
Слaва
Украинi

Square

Thank you.

I've already installed some mods without problem.
But look how many files are there.
It's not really clear which one has to be used.
And yes, I've read the readme file.

Kindred

why are you unzipping the file?

use the package manager - upload the mod package, click install. The system will figure out which one it needs to use.
Слaва
Украинi

Square

Oh, thank you. I'll try that tonight.  :)

Square

Hi,

I did download the zip, then upload it on the server via the package manager, everything went well.
But when I click on "install" the following message appears:

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Hide Tag Special":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

(The zip doesn't seems corrupted since I can unzip it on my HDD.)

Square

Maybe I should use an older version? But which?

Advertisement: