News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Language package and Upgrade

Started by sangham.net, January 22, 2014, 12:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

Dear SMF-Maintainers, supporters and friends.

I have some questions, and maybe you are willing and able to help me with them.

1. Is is possible to use for example 2.07 marked language packages on a 2.04 version of SMF?

2. If possible, how to do this? Just install, or is any preparing necessary?

3. If not possible, are there older language packages available and if, where and how to install?

And not directly related to the previous questions, but to my case.

Is it possible to upgrade from 2.04 to 2.07 without any difficult and certain problems (as additional language solving possibility)

Thanks a lot in advance!

[Addition: I was not aware that 2.07 is just a big undertaking go get its births. My question is really not urgent and please don't be stressed by it. I apologize if I had caused additional stress. Much success with your works! mudita.]

Kindred

you can (and should) upgrade 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 through the package manager.

2.0.7 has been withdrawn (but will be re-released shortly)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and help Kindred!

Maybe it sounds strange, but I would like to abstain from running after and I am more that grateful of what I have, we have. Just that you know my objectives.

I appreciate your kind invitation to make use of your gift. Thinking of "never touch a working system" and some minor changes I have made, I am not sure if upgrade would not cause a lot of corrections, work...

So just for the case, if one would not make use of constant upgrade, be as much as possible content with what he/she has gained: How could the first three questions be answered?

[Please don't feel urged here, I was not aware that you have really a lot of very responsible undertaking running at the present time.]

Kindred

forget a "working system"  you hould upgrade to 2.0.6 ASAP because the versions between 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 are SECURITY releases.
This means that, by not updating, you have purposefully left your site in an insecure state.

To the best of my knowledge, the language files have not changed between 2.0.0 and 2.0.7
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The only changes to the language files from 2.0 to 2.0.7 should be for the copyright year in the footer.

sangham.net

Thanks both of you!

That means, just push the link "Upgrade 2.06" wait a little and then "Install Language package xy 2.07" and everything should be fine, is that right?

sangham.net

May I kindly ask for the steps how to get from 2.04 to 2.07, explained for scared dummies, as I would be totally lost in the case I would need to leave to path "users" are used to.

Thanks a lot!

Kindred

go to your package manager.
at the top where it tells you that there is a new release click that.
install the patch package.
Continue for each version
Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

You should really let people know how conscious, concern and skilled you Ladies and Gentlemen are!

Worked like if nothing happened at all, smooth and professional.

Appreciation and much gratitude, not to speak of your care and circumspect!

*big bow*

There is a lot I have to pay back.

sangham.net

Advertisement: