News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF in Hindi

Started by Vivek24, January 21, 2015, 07:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivek24

I would like to have my SMF forum in Hindi Language. Where can i find the language files for this one ?

Thanks

Rumpa

No you can't do that. Hindi language is not included in smf

Kindred

To be clear...  the Hindi language is not available because no one has yet stepped up to translate everything.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Hindi language is added to our Language Editor (internal tool for translation) but to put language to public it needs at least 50% of completed translation (this maybe even more please consult Localizer). Looking at stats;

- 1.1.x > 22.6% Translated
- 2.0.x > 12.9% Translated
- 2.1.x > 8.7% Translated

If you are interested in translating SMF into your language please read this topic.

Thank you :)

Vivek24

Thanks for your replies.

I would suggest that it would be good if the translation editor tool to make it public so that everyone who wants to help can contribute on it.

Antes

Quote from: Vivek24 on January 21, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I would suggest that it would be good if the translation editor tool to make it public so that everyone who wants to help can contribute on it.

We are not using public translation method like Facebook, Twitter that dramatically decreasing the translation quality. So if anyone interested in joining our translation team must contact with Localization team via email per instructed in the topic I linked to you :)

So please if anyone you know want to volunteer translating SMF into their language give them link to the topic.

Thank you :)

Antes

Once a language is translated enough (I think its 50% localization team will give the proper answer) system packs the language and sends to our server and lists it. Stats I wrote above still same so it still has some road.

Relyana

The main rule to be followed when changing the status of a language pack from private to public is to have most of the strings included in the interface displayed to regular users and guests translated. Everything related to Administration Center comes next.

suhaneankit

There is no Forum Software which is developed in Hindi till now.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

so we lock this topic. :)

Advertisement: