General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leto Atreides II

I can't seem to start a new topic in this forum???

I'm trying to install Aeva; I don't have FTP uploading so I uploaded all the files manually to the appropriate folders. But nothing shows in my Admin panel. Can somebody help me figure out what I need to do?

Sabre™

Sheeks!
Looks like some interesting activity goin on backstage! lol
*now wishes he accepted those staff invitations, so he could watch the show ;)

Nao, I know you're feeling like you've been pushed to do this, and you may be right, but Aeva and/or its former self have always been free and available here.
All your work into its development has Always been appreciated, even by those that have attacked your communication methods. So for the benefit of the 'broader' community, could you leave maybe a lesser version on the mod page, with a link to your site and a message explaining that all updates are to be at Noisen?
I have no problem with going to Noisen, it just seems like the face of smf has been removed.. if that makes any sense?!?!?

Hopefully though, things aren't too complicated backstage to be corrected, and left in distant memories. :)

btw, Thanks for removing my account, you will receive a PM there regarding a Purchase issue.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 27, 2010, 08:47:07 PM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on July 27, 2010, 08:23:08 PM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on July 22, 2010, 03:53:10 AM
Is there a way to turn off the media gallery tab / link and also the whole function. But leave the auto embed features for topics and posts etc... ??

I just took a fast look at it after install on RC3

Thxs

bump need help on this one please ^^^

thxs

Not that I have noticed as being a standard function, but you could always cancel out the button code, and keep permissions for the gallery etc to admin only, that way, noone has a button to click, and the 'geniuses' that use the url to find the location, wont have permission to see anything.

Yeah that's actually how i have it now but... I still see it lol. Plus do not want to nor anybody else. Not to mention i want to use another gallery that i have and use normally.
VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

steve51184

anyone got the 'auto-embed' only version of this? can't find it anywhere and i have no need for the gallery thanks :)

Nao 尚

@zx71> Same place as the rest.

@Yogi> I don't see your account around.

@Sabre> "I have no problem with going to Noisen, it just seems like the face of smf has been removed.. if that makes any sense?!?!?"
Yes, it makes sense. And yes it is as wanted.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: zx71 on July 28, 2010, 06:29:38 PM
anyone got the 'auto-embed' only version of this? can't find it anywhere and i have no need for the gallery thanks :)
I do but it doesn't work nor install.
VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

steve51184

is there a way to disable the gallery and just have the auto embed?

YogiBear

I tried again but the software said I was already there so I varied the Username and used another e-mail address, Nao. Still no activation e-mail though.

If no luck by morning can I PM you my details?

Edit : Thurs, 11.04 local time - still no activation e-mail.  :(
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

YogiBear

Quote from: zx71 on July 28, 2010, 07:02:07 PM

Admin > Members > Permissions > AeVa > untick all AeVa boxes pertaining to access.

steve51184

Quote from: YogiBear on July 28, 2010, 07:46:16 PM
Quote from: zx71 on July 28, 2010, 07:02:07 PM

Admin > Members > Permissions > AeVa > untick all AeVa boxes pertaining to access.
but it still shows for admins

SteveW

Nao, I fully understand your need to go to a paid version. However the two sites I run are non-profit organisations and therefore do not have funds to pay for software. I could pay for it myself but I would rather spend the time converting to another gallery solution.

Yes I could stick with the existing versions - however experience as taught me that with a lot of SMF versions being released, MODs also need updating to suit, and it looks like support for AEVA will be off the SMF forums.
Watch the skies!!

Kindred

1- that is correct. there is a single thread (Stickied) for primary support form the others users. The author no longer supports the mod here.

2- do not hijack someone else's thread... especially one which was closed ages ago.

3- it's more than just uploading files. You have to apply the mod changes to the SMF source and template files.   that is what the package manager is for.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KahneFan

Is it possible to completely disable the ratings system? I would like to get rid of the stars as well as the ability to vote all together.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Dharshan

Hi Nao,
Sorry to hear about all the drama that's taking place behind scenes. well that tells me why SMF 2 is  not yet gone gold.

Avea was Free when i grabbed it. still love it. thanks.
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

YogiBear

Quote from: steve51184 on July 28, 2010, 07:53:40 PM
but it still shows for admins

Admins see everything by default whether enabled or not anyway.

YogiBear

Quote from: Kcmartz on July 28, 2010, 11:46:15 PM
hhhmmmph.

See if I use this anymore. Thanks. >:(

There's plenty of good software across the net which will probably go on for years but is no longer supported/supported for free.

Sabre™

lol someone needs a lollipop  :P

I think aeva2 has the function to shut the gallery globally.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

mark7144

Quote from: Nao on July 27, 2010, 01:53:29 PM
Just so you know guys -- I've finally found myself in the mental state to actually go ahead and turn Aeva Media into a commercial package, as was suggested by several users.

http://aeva.noisen.com/
The mod is currently priced at $20 (i.e. the discount price for Foxy!), but only for the duration of the beta.
I'll add new features this week.
Good for you.

I'll be happy to pay if you add BBC News as it no longer works at all with Aeva.

Advertisement: