News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD-X

I hate to keep spamming this in every mod topic, but does anyone know if this mod is compatible with SMF 2.0.3? I haven't tested it yet.

Kindred

SugarD,
you need to a) calm down and b) try it...   most mods will have no appreciable difference between 2.0.0 and 2.0.3
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SD-X

Quote from: Kindred on December 17, 2012, 01:56:12 PM
SugarD,
you need to a) calm down and b) try it...   most mods will have no appreciable difference between 2.0.0 and 2.0.3
I'm completely calm. I'm just seeing if anyone else has had any issues before I upgrade. I have a lot of mods installed on a live forum that can't be down for a long period of time.

briggz5d

Quote from: Kindred on December 13, 2012, 12:26:34 PM
just for registration
Yes, i just upgraded to 2.0.3 and had to Uninstall and Install about 9 of my 10 mods but everything works great.
Some mods still require emulating 2.0, 2.0.2 etc

busterone

Working just fine with 2.03.
Using the package manager update method had no effect on installed mods. The security update doesn't touch any of the files that this mod uses.

Deadairdave

Quote from: busterone on December 21, 2012, 10:17:38 PM
Working just fine with 2.03.
Using the package manager update method had no effect on installed mods. The security update doesn't touch any of the files that this mod uses.

I used Cute FTP Pro to install the 'Large' upgrade.  That went fine and I was able to use the usual 'mysite.com/upgrade.php'.  On going to package manager, all but 2 mods required reinstalling, dunno why 2 seemed to be installed, but I've left them as is.  I guess it may be as they were installed through the emulator option.  I've been able to reinstall all my mods without a problem, but what I would say is, check that there's not a newer version available specifically for 2.0.3.  None of my mods have that option, all being for 2.0.2, but working fine. ;)

Dave.

Kindred

there should have been no need to use the large upgrade package, since the large upgrade package replaces files - the patch package would have done the same without requiring any reinstall
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

I'm using this mod on a site that's supposed to catch spammers. Trouble is I want it to still check to see if the member is a spammer (to see if it is in the SFS database)....but I don't want admin approval to be forced if they are. I want it to just let them register instantly like I've set on rego. That way I can catch the ones posting or making profile spam.

Can you help me do this please? :)

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 24, 2012, 09:39:25 AM
I understand, just wanted your opinion :). Why can't you leave it function as is, but make it check the members one at a time every day daily maintenance is done if they havent been checked? That would just be a variable in the DB for like Is_Spammer_Checked and then it can gather 20 that arent on maint and send them? Would that be easier?
Quote from: snoopy_virtual on September 25, 2012, 09:24:48 AM
Actually what this mod would need is a complete re-write.

Surely not if it's some little side add-on?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Lou69

When one has selected the option in Permissions for Regular members to have the ability to delete their account, there will also appear under the 'Actions' bar the option to 'Check this member', which should be an Admin function only.

I made the below changes in Profile.php. Is this the best way to handle removing the 'Check this member' option from the Regular members profile?

Original code ...

'checkmember' => array(
'label' => $txt['stopspammer_profilecheck'],
'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=query;params=' . base64_encode(serialize(array('mem_id' => $memID, 'types' => array('mem_id' => '=')))),
'enabled' => $cur_profile['id_group'] != 1 && !in_array(1, explode(',', $cur_profile['additional_groups'])),
'sc' => 'get',
'permission' => array(
'own' => array('profile_remove_any', 'profile_remove_own'),
'any' => array('profile_remove_any', 'moderate_forum'),
),
),

Modified code ...

'checkmember' => array(
'label' => $txt['stopspammer_profilecheck'],
'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=query;params=' . base64_encode(serialize(array('mem_id' => $memID, 'types' => array('mem_id' => '=')))),
'enabled' => $cur_profile['id_group'] != 1 && !in_array(1, explode(',', $cur_profile['additional_groups'])),
'sc' => 'get',
'permission' => array(
'own' => array('admin_forum'),
'any' => array('admin_forum'),
),
),

The above change permits Admin users to see the 'Check this member' under each user profile but, Global Moderators, Regular members can not access this function. Is this an acceptable fix? Any suggestions?

DarkAngel612

I have a question about the actions list in this mod.

I have had it for quite some time and love the way it works with httpBL mod and have stopped many spammers from coming in but my question is this---

Especially after forum updates, the actions list changes to this one pictured -- note that there is only activate, delete and remind selections

Sometimes I get the listing that shows the listing with Approve, Approve require activation

That is what I want since the boards are set to require activation of new member...

I have checked settings and nothing has changed, it appeared with the approve parts 2 days ago when a spammer was listed (in red) along with another member request that was approved requiring activation.

Ideas of what is going on here...and how to make it stay with the approval choices

***EDIT***
I added another image of one of our other rforums with the listing the way I mentioned...this one changes too but not often. Is it changed when there are no red/orange name is the list?

I am using SMF 2.0.3 and various themes (which I checked in each theme too)

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Lou69

I think you are wanting to have a consistent colour around the data area that is just below the '588 Spammer blocked ...' section? If so, Snoopy recommended something similar to this in a previous post. Change the background to match your background or what ever colour you want. On my sites I added the border information.

Add the below code to the bottom of your index.css file.  If you search the StopSpammer files for the " .leyend_stopspammer " you will find it referenced in one of the files. I don't recall which one it is.

/* Fix for Stop Spammer visual style */
.leyend_stopspammer
{
    border: solid 1px;
    background-color: #EAE9E9;
}

DarkAngel612

Thanks Lou69, if that was supposed to answer my question then nope that is not what I wanted----which is a moot point right now.

I was actually running in here just now, to post to DISREGARD the ramblings of an old woman...me

I was just being my old idiotic self...of course I newver make mistakes ya know it just seems like it...LOL

I figured out that the box with the selections changes with the area viewed. In the area to approve/disapprove it will say approve with activation --- while in the area to see those that have been approved and yet to log in and activate their account-----that one will say activate and send email.

Sorry for being an idiot but hey 2013 is still young (I am not) so I have the entire year to keep goofing up.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Lou69

Tis ok  :)   I misunderstood what you needed.   :)

snoopy_virtual

Hi DarkAngel:

Anyway, this mod has nothing to do with the elements in that list you are talking about.

It's the code in SMF itself who make that list, and the mod doesn't modify it.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

DarkAngel612

thanks for the info and good to know in case another dodo like me thinks it is doing something wrong. I need a handler

Lou69

@snoopy_virtual ... have you given any more thought to releasing the bug fixes you posted about previously in this thread?

thanks

snoopy_virtual

We will see.

If I ever find some spare time ...

Every time I finish one thing I find another 10 urgent things waiting to be done.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

teos55

smf 2.0.3  default theme curve  simple portal 2.3.5

Noticed that my stop spammer mod is the old version ( 1.0)  I tried to uninstall and install the new version 2.3.9

Uninstall  failed at who.tamplate.php  but parse does not list who.template.php ( 2.3.9) so I dont know what to delete .

Can you pls help ?

May I install new version without removing v1.0 ?l

nb.  OK Solved.  opend xml file and extracted the to be added item from there.

Now installed v2.3.9  seems ok so far :-)

BigMike

Hello SMF,

First HUGE thanks to M-DVD, snoopy_virtual, and any others that have put in time to develop this mod. I just discovered StopForumSpam yesterday and am having great results with it on my Drupal CMS site.

I am running SMF v2.0.3 and just installed this mod manually and everything seems to be working fine.

Only Problem: Removing members now takes forever, and I really mean forever. I don't know how the request doesn't time out in my browser. My server load goes up from 0.2 to about 1.5 for a solid ten mins before Firefox reloads the page with the member account removed. The process that goes sky high is mysql.

I am using my API key configured correctly and I get the green text for both "Your host can make remote connection with the DB" and "...the connection with Stop Forum Spam is perfect".

I Disabled this mod and then tried to delete another account (I checked manually and verified spam) and SMF also took ten something minutes to complete the request.

Question: I can't possibly read all 84 pages here, I tried searching, Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what is the fix?

I checked my error log and its empty. All the functionality as described in the mod seems to be working as expected.

If I'm the only one to report this, does anyone know how to trouble shoot mysql, maybe where its error log is on my CentOS/Apache/cPanel server, or how to inspect what queries are holding it up?

MANY Thanks for the help. This MOD is long overdue on our large forum (almost 1 million posts)

Regards,
BigMike

EDIT: Sorry, discovered I have some issue with my SMF, unrelated to this mod.

MoreBloodWine

Question, instead of putting them (spam users) in a pending list to which you need to "tick" and then reject. Is it possible to just have them rejected and not go into an awaiting response list ? I get hit daily with a lot of spam bots and it just makes sense for me to have this option. This way users can set how to handle these "user".

Ex: When ticked this option automatically rejects these signups.

Like right now they all show as red in the list, then users who have issues getting checked are yellow. Well these yellow users should still be put in a pending lit to be checked later but those users who are "red" that had no issues sgetting checked are just automatically rejected.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Advertisement: