SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

RSS Feed Posts - Is it possible, when using an RSS box, to only show (#) feeds?  Currently I have a feed on my home page, but it shows 10 items, is it possible to change that to 5?

Article Management - Also, is it possible to set up a membergroup, or allow permissions to a membergroup  who can add articles? I would like to be able to have certain members which I can allow to post their own articles to the home instead of having to wait for me to do it from the admin panel.

Newest Member(s) Block - Is it possible to show the (#) newest members? Currently it's set up to show on THE newest member, but I would like to show the 5 newest members.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

learjet45

Quote from: KahneFan on December 28, 2008, 02:09:31 PM
Article Management - Also, is it possible to set up a membergroup, or allow permissions to a membergroup  who can add articles? I would like to be able to have certain members which I can allow to post their own articles to the home instead of having to wait for me to do it from the admin panel.
That is actually very easy. I believe if you set a membergroup to "Automatic article approval" under the permissions for the member group, that will solve your problem. Or, if you want, the "Can add article" permission will allow someone to submit an article, but would need to be approved before it displays.

As for the RSS Feed Posts, I would also like to know if there is a way to limit the # of items shown. I would like to display between 3-5 items of a feed that by default lists 50 items.

KahneFan

Quote from: learjet45 on December 29, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
That is actually very easy. I believe if you set a membergroup to "Automatic article approval" under the permissions for the member group, that will solve your problem. Or, if you want, the "Can add article" permission will allow someone to submit an article, but would need to be approved before it displays.

Perfect, thanks!

LaughOften

Quote from: LaughOften on December 27, 2008, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: LaughOften on December 25, 2008, 11:54:41 AM
After installing SP I only have left, top and center blocks. I am missing the bottom and right side blocks. I have them enabled but they won't show up. They worked fine in 2.0.5.

I have the portal only option checked as well.

Thanks!!

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have also asked on the SP site for help on this days ago and not getting any response.

Thanks!!  :)

Thanks!!

Can I PLEASE get this resolved?  This has not worked since I upgraded over a week ago and I can't seem to get any solution.

Thanks!! :)

LaughOften

Okay last try here. I can't believe this. Over a week and no results.

KahneFan

Have you tried on the simple portal site?

LaughOften

KahneFan

blakey

I have instaled simple portal, I see the admin features but it is not displaying on my site, any sugestions? worldwidechristiansonline.co.uk

learjet45

Quote from: blakey on December 31, 2008, 03:26:07 AM
I have instaled simple portal, I see the admin features but it is not displaying on my site, any sugestions? worldwidechristiansonline.co.uk
Did you enable simple portal?

Eliana Tamerin

blakey, looks like some of the mod didn't install properly.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sportal_vital() in /home/christia/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3453

Can you please upload your Subs.php here (when you post, click Additional Options and then use the attachments to upload the file).
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

blakey

Hi,

Simple portal completely crashed my forum, when I removed the package, parts of coding were left throughout my forum files which caused more problems and the was completly unacessable. I have managed to delete the coding thanks to helpful people on this site. Im not sure I can trust Simple Portal again?

Thanks

Eliana Tamerin

Removing a mod package does not uninstall the mod. I was attempting to help you, but you didn't follow my instructions. So whatever resulted was not the fault of SimplePortal.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

LaughOften

Quote from: LaughOften on December 29, 2008, 10:15:37 PM
Quote from: LaughOften on December 27, 2008, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: LaughOften on December 25, 2008, 11:54:41 AM
After installing SP I only have left, top and center blocks. I am missing the bottom and right side blocks. I have them enabled but they won't show up. They worked fine in 2.0.5.

I have the portal only option checked as well.

Thanks!!

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have also asked on the SP site for help on this days ago and not getting any response.

Thanks!!  :)

Thanks!!

Can I PLEASE get this resolved?  This has not worked since I upgraded over a week ago and I can't seem to get any solution.

Thanks!! :)

Okay. It was suggested that maybe it was my Blog Community. So I seleted the Blog and all modifications from the files.

SimplePortal still does not show bottom or right side blocks. All are enabled. It is set to Portal only.

Can Anyone Fix This for me???????????

psynx

hello,

i need the newly upgraded simpleportal 2.1.1

how do i upgrade my portal? i am currently using the classic portal 2.0.5

but actually i also have simpleportal 2.0.4 before but i was not able to uninstall it and maybe the files from old portal 2.0.4 is still on my site so im afraid it will be messed up.

so how do i upgrade to the new released portal? guide me pls....
thank you in advance.

KahneFan

You need to uninstall and remove the old portal, then reinstall the new portal.

psynx

actually i tried that and my forum was lost. there were conflict in files from my old portal files when installing the new portal.

there is no 'uninstall' with simple portal package 2.0.4 so i don't know how to install it.

KahneFan

From the package manager there's no uninstall? Unless I'm mistaken, anything you install through your package manager should have an uninstall feature.

Advertisement: