AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

@ UKGangsta the css file is yourforum/chat/css/shoutbox.css

@ anshar you just have to put you cursor in the input box to make it an active window.

@ Praatwurst you can make it look like the ChatBot talks back to your members with the /takeover command that is explained HERE

UkGangsta

i have done that but its still not showing..... let me exsplain if i can...........i type test in shout box on forum index and it types it i no this cause i hear sound .........when i highlight the chat its there but its invisiable.............the names are not showing time of shout or the text what exactly do i need to do in the shoutbox.css as ive tried and tried with no look attached, is the shoutbox.css

i should of said im using smf 2.0rc1 and the black silk theme im really stuck on this, i love the ajax chat just wish i could get it work any help be much appreciated. could u do the neccasary file edits to that theme for me i may have did them wrong also  if i attach the files here, what files would u need also ty.

attached shoutbox.css i have tried changing colours here 10 times still wont show any help be greatly appreciated thankyou.

mrtrc266

@ UK try putting it in the shoutbox folder if you haven't already /shoutBox/css/shoutbox.css

UkGangsta

thats were i got it from m8 that exact place .........trouble is my themes black and the font, names poster and time of shout are been shouted in a black font...........hence with a black background no 1 can see it.

mrtrc266

UK, I understand what you're saying I have a black theme too and the shoutbox.css file should fix it.

This is the shoubox.css from my site, try it out and make sure to upload it to both folders chat/css and shoutbox/css

UkGangsta

here is 2 screen shots m8

first 1 un higlighted shout1

second shout2 is the text highlighted and it shows

i uploaded your css and its still the same :(

mrtrc266

It looks like you've only typed in a cpl lines and don't have it scrolling yet either. type in about 12 lines and then refresh.

EDIT: Also make sure you add this to your custom themes style.css

Find
/* Normal, standard links. */
Replace with
@import url(../../shoutBox/css/shoutbox.css);
/* Normal, standard links. */

djstew

this was asked earlier in this thread but never answered. i have this up and running well. i mainly wanted this mod to show users in chat and it shows at the bottom with no problem.

is there a block code that can be used for tiny portal to show users in chat? or alteration that can be done to the TP statsbox?

UkGangsta

its till the same do u think u could have a look at the edits i did on my files what files would u need cause ive looked now for 2 days and i carnt see any errors in my edits maybe u will.

attached again i have to higlight them.

mrtrc266

Can you enable shout for guests and send me the link to your site? PM if you don't wan't it public please.

UkGangsta

pm sent and url ty for all your help on this really do appreciate it.

mrtrc266

Quote from: djstew on April 23, 2009, 11:57:54 AM
this was asked earlier in this thread but never answered. i have this up and running well. i mainly wanted this mod to show users in chat and it shows at the bottom with no problem.

is there a block code that can be used for tiny portal to show users in chat? or alteration that can be done to the TP statsbox?

Not at the moment that I'm aware of.

UkGangsta

sent u another pm and url message hope u got them this time

mrtrc266

Quote from: UkGangsta on April 23, 2009, 12:19:05 PM
sent u another pm and url message hope u got them this time

Got it, looks like you might be missing some edits for your custom theme. Please attatch

yourforum/Themes/yourtheme/BoardIndex.template.php
yourforum/Themes/yourtheme/index.template.php
yourforum/Themes/yourtheme/style.css

UkGangsta

here u go bro and ty for all your help on this very kind of you

files attached.

Ncen

I wonder if it's possible to add the Users in Chat-names on top of every page (in index.template)? :O if so; how?

mrtrc266

Quote from: UkGangsta on April 23, 2009, 12:32:24 PM
here u go bro and ty for all your help on this very kind of you

files attached.

No problem at all, glad I could help.

Ok here we go, I tried all these files on my test site and it works fine. I'm also attatching my shoutbox.css file that will look pretty good on your site or you can tweak it to your liking. Upload it to yourforum/chat/css/

Also be sure to type in about 12 messages or so to get it past the height and then refresh for the scroll to kick in.

UkGangsta

mrTrc u are now my hero i think i loveeeeeeeeeee you

thankyou for all your help thatw as very kind and im so grateful

thankyou so muchhhhhhhh.

Kat-2

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2009, 03:14:11 AM
@ Kat, according to a post @ Sourceforge I think this will solve your sound issues, this should disable the sound for the shoutbox only and the users will control the sound in the chatroom...

In /yourforum/chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html

Find
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink');

Replace with
ajaxChatConfig.settings.audio = false;
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink','audio');

Cross fingers ;)

:(
I tried it. Sorry, but it didn't work. If I could at least turn the volume down on it that would help. I have tried to do that too, to no avail.

mrtrc266

Kat go to my test site ad see if it's workin like you want on there

http://monsters-mansion.com/test118

Advertisement: