News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on April 23, 2010, 07:28:53 PM
i'm using 1.1.11 and just put the chat in yesterday... just wondering why anytime i use a '      i get a \ next to it.    ???

ps.. my site is www.showtimeforfree.com   a great message board!   with a free ps3 game going away to a member at the end of may!  :)

This should fix it.....

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Slashes_before_apostrophes

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 22, 2010, 12:52:22 AM

BTW John, long time no see....Hope all is well
Everything is well, Ajax chat is going great still, I modified it a lot though lol. Yea long time no see, Ive been busy, barely got some time to get online a little.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

hcfwesker

@ mrtrc266 , I really hate to bother you, and I hate asking for help.  I'm just at a stand still.  On one host, the Chat work PERFECTLY, but the host told me I had to remove it.  So, I had to move host, which told me they would allow it, however, I had to reinstall it.  And maybe some of my configurations are causing serious lag.

My forum hasn't been the same since removing member's access to Ajax.  It's so embarassing having to use an xchat on the site for right now.  :(

If I supplied you with an admin access account, and an FTP account, or even access to my cPanel, would you have time sometime in the future to maybe check it out, and let me know what my options are?

http://www.brawldomain.com/index.php?topic=5950.msg119326#msg119326

^ that post explains the major issue we're having.

I'm happy with my host, and don't want to leave, but we really need the Ajax chat to work.  So, just wondering if maybe you could help, or if maybe it is due to the host not being able to fully utilize the chat.

Than You.

mrtrc266

@ hcfwesker

Yeah send me the details and I can take a look, it might be a couple days till my next days off though. It seems that you have a pretty active forum though so this might be taking a large hit on your server depending on how many users join chat at the same time. In the /Chat/lib/config.php file the default max users is 100, of course you can increase / decrease that to whatever you like.

No promises on increasing performance but I will take a look, PM me the details and I'll have a look in a day or 2.

hcfwesker

Will do, and thank you for your time.  No rush, bud.  I'm very patient. 

And, about the member overload, the problem happens even when only 1 member, meaning me by myself, is in the chat.   The busiest the chat gets is maybe 10-15 members at one time, but usually only about 5-8 are actually chatting at one time.

I'll PM the details now.

legoracer

I installed the 3.2.1 chat... I'm using 1.1.11 SMF

I can see the chat... but I get this erro ((23:28:57) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500)

When I click the "chat" link I get:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Would love to get this to work as I see this is the best chat system to use for SMF

THANKS for your help in advance

cheers
Do you know where the term "Boot the computer" came from....? Just think about it for a min.

legoracer

ok please disregard that last message I had had to read back until page 43 or something to learn the index needed to page 755. :P

Frick support threads get big eh! Great mod by the way! Thanks for taking the time to create and maintain it!!
Do you know where the term "Boot the computer" came from....? Just think about it for a min.

mrtrc266

Glad you got it sorted legoracer, also be sure to check out the FAQ's (BIG Purple letters) on the Mods Home Page ;)

miDnIghtEr20C

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2010, 09:41:19 PM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on April 23, 2010, 07:28:53 PM
i'm using 1.1.11 and just put the chat in yesterday... just wondering why anytime i use a '      i get a \ next to it.    ???

ps.. my site is www.showtimeforfree.com   a great message board!   with a free ps3 game going away to a member at the end of may!  :)

This should fix it.....

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Slashes_before_apostrophes
thank you sir.    worked like a charm :)

!RFAN

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2010, 01:50:32 AM
Quote from: amigozone on April 22, 2010, 01:44:38 PM
i installed the mod.. 2 errors appeared...in boardindex.php and in index.template.php(of custom theme) then i manually installed... now everything is okay.. but i cant see any shoutbox on my forum... chat room is working fine

More info please..
What SMF Version?
What AJAX Chat Integration version did you install?
What Theme?
Link to site?

Etc....

smf 2 rc3
latest version of ajax chat integration
custom theme.. urban by dzinerstudio
http://www.amigozone.tk

thanks

mrtrc266

@  amigozone

Did you enable the shoutbox?

Admin/Modification Settings/Chat/

Then check the options you want

!RFAN

yes i did..i have configured everything :O

FlyBoyUnder

Hello. I installed the chat in my forum. Everything is alright. But I can't send messages. I have follow all the instructions, but I can't find a solution to this problem.

No one can send messages, and if you click on SEND nothing happens. I'm using this theme: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2166

Hugs. FBU

mrtrc266

Quote from: FlyBoyUnder on April 25, 2010, 07:45:18 AM
Hello. I installed the chat in my forum. Everything is alright. But I can't send messages. I have follow all the instructions, but I can't find a solution to this problem.

No one can send messages, and if you click on SEND nothing happens. I'm using this theme: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2166

Hugs. FBU
~~~FAQ~~~

FlyBoyUnder

Yeah, I saw it. But I didn't understand.

I don't have any .htaccess file in my host. Should I create one and then send to the "Chat" and "Shoutbox" folders?
And what would I write in that .htaccess file?

Something like:

"RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/?$ ./index.php [L,QSA]"

Sorry, i'm trying but I don't understand too much of modifications.

mrtrc266

First try changing your file permissions to 755 on these 2 files /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php

If that doesn't work then yes create an .htaccess file with just this RewriteRule ^/?$ ./index.php [L,QSA] and upload it to the same directory where your /SSI.php files is located

PDW

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2010, 09:39:35 PM
That bit of code was moved to /Themes/default/Shout.template.php and is for SMF 1.1.XX

I'm not 100% sure about all the other edits but I think they should be the same, I'll have to take a look to update for the most recent versions of SMF when I get time.
Cheers! Great chat box this is too!
Ive added my own smilies to it too and its going great nice work.
Ive looked through the settings though and cant seem to find where i can change how long the messages stay in the chat box for or how many to show... I would like my forum to show the last 30 days of mesages if possible... cheers

graaywolf

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 22, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: graaywolf on April 21, 2010, 12:27:48 PM
OK here goes! SMF version 1.1.10 (was unable to install 1.1.11 update)
i come back home and my site is totally down & the error message i get is:
Unable to load the 'Shout.english-utf8' language file.
I can't get into the forums at all
i do have ajax chat installed
(i'm NOT a IT person... don't have a clue how to write any code)
Was there a problem when trying to upgrade to 1.1.11? If so what was the error?

ok i've started over with SMF 1.1.11 i've fallowed all the directions to customize the chat room and fix the minor errors except one... when someone clicks the red X to close the chat window without logging out first, it doesn't log them out... i either have to kick their name or wait for them to time out...

excellent mod otherwise thanks
I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

hcfwesker

Hey, mrtrc266!  Just letting you know, right now, it's running fine on the site.  We got  16 memebrs in right now all chatting, and not much lag.

I think the Aeva Media MOD was causing the lag, I'm not sure, but removing it, testing the chat, it worked fine.  Then, I added it again, to test, and it lagged, along with forum browsing was slowed down.

So far so good, bud.  I appreciate your help in this so far :)

TheListener

Thats an odd one as I have Aeva Media and chat on my forum with no problems at all.

Advertisement: