AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GZDynastar

Looking through 300 pages.. I cannot get my default theme to change.  I replaced the config file after changing this:

To set default Chat Room template and/or remove the template selection from drop down list
Remove selection from list delete the ones you don't want from the "Availabe Styles" array.
To set default template just change "Default style" to what you want.
Open.....yourforum/chat/lib/config.php
Find
Code: [Select]
// Available styles:
$config['styleAvailable'] = array('beige','black','grey','Oxygen','Lithium','Sulfur','Cobalt','Mercury','Radium','prosilver','subsilver2','subblack2','subSilver','Core','MyBB','vBulletin');
// Default style:
$config['styleDefault'] = 'Core'; <--changed to 'black', then uploaded it... nothin'..

But it will not change.. even with a completely new config file.  Do I need to change something else to get the chatbox a different theme?  I don't even have a drop down menu to change it.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but any help would be great.
SMF1.1.11
TP1 beta4

InfoStrides

I just installed Ajax Chat today and everything installed successfully except "Source/BoardIndex.php" code that I entered manually but click on "Chat" redirect me to the home page.

I have all permissions set properly and .htaccess files are appropriate. I am confused what could have caused the issue. The website in question is http://www.theinfostrides.com

Please help!

drfun

@mrtrc266
thanks for the quick respond to my previous question, i was able to fix that with your help. thanks a lot.
i also want to ask if it is possible to centralize the registration form to the meddle  of the page, instead of
having it just to the left, if this is possible, how do i go about it. thanks in advance.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

mrtrc266

Quote from: drfun on July 01, 2010, 10:50:45 AM
@mrtrc266
thanks for the quick respond to my previous question, i was able to fix that with your help. thanks a lot.
i also want to ask if it is possible to centralize the registration form to the meddle  of the page, instead of
having it just to the left, if this is possible, how do i go about it. thanks in advance.

You're welcome...

Open chat/css/yourstyle.css (in your case "Core.css")

Find
#loginContent {
background-color:#E5E5E8;
color:#000000;
}

Replace with something like...
#loginContent {
background-color:#E5E5E8;
color:#000000;
padding-left:150px;
}

Change the padding to your liking

mrtrc266

@ GZDynastar did you clear you cache after you made the changes?

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on June 30, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
I just installed Ajax Chat today and everything installed successfully except "Source/BoardIndex.php" code that I entered manually but click on "Chat" redirect me to the home page.

I have all permissions set properly and .htaccess files are appropriate. I am confused what could have caused the issue. The website in question is http://www.theinfostrides.com

Please help!

That's odd, what other Mods do you have installed?

GZDynastar

I did my friend (clear cache).  Looking at the file viewer via my website its still lists 'core' as my default theme, even though on the ftp it's listed as 'black'.

w4rheart

Quote from: w4rheart on June 28, 2010, 01:39:52 PM
Is there a way to just use the shoutbox and disable this whole chat system? Or just hide that "chat" button in the menu?
If so, please tell me :)

regards

pls can noone help me out with this? I think it is a really good shoutbox, and so far the only that works properly wit 2.0RC3 !

miDnIghtEr20C

god.. now i'm having problems just trying to apply the mod.   :(        what the hell is going on with this thing... it worked so good before..and now i can't get it going again.   ugh!

was able to apply.. now when trying to install.. i get this...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4968445\html\Sources\Subs-Package.php  on line 1188

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4968445\html\Sources\Subs-Package.php  on line 1863

that one too... anyone know what i need to do to fix this?

Looneysam

I have read the FAQs and searched over most of the post in this thread and even tried searching, but I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

the chat and shoutbox work most of the time,  but the shoutbox will randomly drop shouts sometimes it is the first shout then at other times it will be in the middle of a conversation.

I have changed the user timeout to 60 minutes but that didn't help I also changed the response time to 500 that didn't help either.

I saw several post about this during my search but never a clear answer as to what is causing the problem or how to correct it.

any help would be appreciated.

w4rheart

Quote from: w4rheart on July 01, 2010, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: w4rheart on June 28, 2010, 01:39:52 PM
Is there a way to just use the shoutbox and disable this whole chat system? Or just hide that "chat" button in the menu?
If so, please tell me :)

regards

pls can noone help me out with this? I think it is a really good shoutbox, and so far the only that works properly wit 2.0RC3 !

Alright, I got i figured! ;)
But even before I modiefied anything, the shoutbox was not working. I was not able to shout, the shoutbox was blank so no smileys and stuff.
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling?

miDnIghtEr20C

and just like that.. after trying again, and getting a 500 error.. and then refreshing... IT EXTRACTED ALL OVER THE PLACE!    I'M BACK BOYS! ;D

i have no idea what the problem was or is.. or anything..   

now to find the link where i can change the I/m to I'm :)

bahgheera

Oh man... mrtrc if you get a moment, will you visit http://www.theflipsideforum.com and click the chat button? I don't know how to fix this. We're also getting the 500 error in the shoutbox now, even though I've properly chmodded everything. Just when we had everything running relatively smoothly, we suffered an injection attack. Now we've removed the attack, but for some reason AC isn't working. Can you help me?

EDIT: Ok, I got the header issue straightened out, but there are still no user logged into chat, and the shoutbox still isn't working grrr...

EDIT 2: Eh... what should the permissions be on the files inside the chat and shoutbox directories? I just looked and they're all at 666???

mrtrc266

Quote from: GZDynastar on July 01, 2010, 11:44:38 AM
I did my friend (clear cache).  Looking at the file viewer via my website its still lists 'core' as my default theme, even though on the ftp it's listed as 'black'.

If you DO NOT have you chat and shout integrated also make the same edits to your /shoutBox/lib/config.php file.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Looneysam on July 01, 2010, 01:19:58 PM
I have read the FAQs and searched over most of the post in this thread and even tried searching, but I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

the chat and shoutbox work most of the time,  but the shoutbox will randomly drop shouts sometimes it is the first shout then at other times it will be in the middle of a conversation.

I have changed the user timeout to 60 minutes but that didn't help I also changed the response time to 500 that didn't help either.

I saw several post about this during my search but never a clear answer as to what is causing the problem or how to correct it.

any help would be appreciated.

Check the log to see if they're really not sticking. If they're in the log then your server just might be lagging and try waiting a few more seconds for it to show.

mrtrc266

Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 01, 2010, 06:35:55 PM
and just like that.. after trying again, and getting a 500 error.. and then refreshing... IT EXTRACTED ALL OVER THE PLACE!    I'M BACK BOYS! ;D

Look on the last page, Reply #6746

mrtrc266

Quote from: bahgheera on July 02, 2010, 12:49:52 AM
Oh man... mrtrc if you get a moment, will you visit http://www.theflipsideforum.com and click the chat button? I don't know how to fix this. We're also getting the 500 error in the shoutbox now, even though I've properly chmodded everything. Just when we had everything running relatively smoothly, we suffered an injection attack. Now we've removed the attack, but for some reason AC isn't working. Can you help me?

EDIT: Ok, I got the header issue straightened out, but there are still no user logged into chat, and the shoutbox still isn't working grrr...

EDIT 2: Eh... what should the permissions be on the files inside the chat and shoutbox directories? I just looked and they're all at 666???

CHMOD the /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php to 755

bahgheera

Ok, done - but the 500 error is gone from the shoutbox, chat is still the same.

InfoStrides

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 01, 2010, 11:22:20 AM
Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on June 30, 2010, 07:39:57 PM

Please help!

That's odd, what other Mods do you have installed?

Quote1.     Related Topics      1.4 RC1       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    SMF_Points    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Display Signatures Only Once Per Page    1.0.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Stop Spammer    2.3.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Auto Email Inactive Users    1.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Sitemap    2.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    AutoKeywords    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    SimpleAds    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Titled Links    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Contact Page    2.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod    2.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    More Spiders    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Additional Home page Title | S-Ace    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Curve_centered_menu    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    RSS Feeder    1.1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    Google Analytics Code    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Karma Buttons    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Rename *Child Board* | S-Ace    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.    Wireless/RSS amount displayed    1.1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.    eFloating Bar for Guest & Members    0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.    SimplePortal    2.3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.    Country Flags    1.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.    RedirectPage    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.    Guest Attachment Preview    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.    Location on Posts    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
28.    Birthday Posts    0.12.1 Beta    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
29.    Smf seo boards title[    1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
30.    Google Tagged    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
31.    Referrals Mod    2.2.7.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
32.    Online status on login    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
33.    Easy Screenshot Dumpster    1.3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
34.    SMF Links    2.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
35.    vBulletin Style Meta Tags    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
36.    Treasury    2.06    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
37.    SA FBConnect    0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
38.    Resize Attached Images    2.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
39.    Infolinks Integration Mod | S-Ace    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
40.    Aeva Media    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

miDnIghtEr20C

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 01:24:01 AM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 01, 2010, 06:35:55 PM

Look on the last page, Reply #6746
ahhh yes.    thank you sir.   :)              now if i can just figure out what's give me Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4968445\html\Sources\Subs.php  on line 321 on my site, and causing 500 errors as well.    i try and try, but i run forum error check, and it says i'm good.       don't know what would be corrupt  on that line there.   

Advertisement: