AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: BaghdadGhost on December 28, 2011, 06:38:27 PM
guys I lost tracking in this topic. could someone please direct me to the last package updated by a user here. I know somebody already updated it but cant find the reply.

here's the link to T3CHNO's newest releases he made.  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3222028#msg3222028

attached is the file I use on my 2.0.2 site, but i think you have to emulate to smf 2.0 , or maybe smf 2 RC5

rcorbitt

I am running 3.3a on SMF 2.0.1. I would like to know where to modify the code to enable the "No user in chat." Or "There are 6 users in chat."

Somebody help a newbie, please!

Thanks Rick

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 14, 2011, 02:00:15 PM
Quote from: act4 on December 14, 2011, 12:45:43 PM
That edit isn't necessary for the MOD to work.  All it does is add a line of text under the header table of how many members are in the chat, under the new replies/unread post links up top.  It's pretty poiintless in my opinion, cause the chat button itself shows how many members are in the chat, and there's a list of users in the chat in the info center.

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 28, 2011, 06:43:46 PM
Quote from: BaghdadGhost on December 28, 2011, 06:38:27 PM
guys I lost tracking in this topic. could someone please direct me to the last package updated by a user here. I know somebody already updated it but cant find the reply.

here's the link to T3CHNO's newest releases he made.  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3222028#msg3222028

attached is the file I use on my 2.0.2 site, but i think you have to emulate to smf 2.0 , or maybe smf 2 RC5

thank you for the quick reply.

btw, since you already installed it is it stable and worth replacing with 3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3) which I already have?

hcfwesker

Quote from: rcorbitt on December 28, 2011, 07:49:28 PM
I am running 3.3a on SMF 2.0.1. I would like to know where to modify the code to enable the "No user in chat." Or "There are 6 users in chat."

Thanks Rick

Admin > Configurations > Modification Settings > Chat ( you'll see the option there)

Quote from: BaghdadGhost on December 28, 2011, 08:05:32 PMthank you for the quick reply.

btw, since you already installed it is it stable and worth replacing with 3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3) which I already have?

I'm still using it on my SMF 2.0.2 forum. so, yeah, really no need to update if you already have it.

rcorbitt

QuoteAdmin > Configurations > Modification Settings > Chat ( you'll see the option there)

If I don't get any options, I'm guessing I have a bad install?

hcfwesker

open that page, and if it's blank, check your forum error log for any errors from that page.  See if there's any undefined errors, or do you not even have the chat menu in your admin panel?

rcorbitt

I only have the menu option "Chat." The error log shows the Ajax Integration was successfully installed, and there are no other errors.

clothahump

Manual edits are no good, unable to even find one string that is supposed to be updated.

echo '
</p>
<p class="last smalltext">

Does not exist in ./Themes/core/BoardIndex.template.php

hcfwesker

Quote from: rcorbitt on December 28, 2011, 10:39:05 PM
I only have the menu option "Chat." The error log shows the Ajax Integration was successfully installed, and there are no other errors.

Goto the ADMIN button in the main menu, and follow this path again .. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3237492#msg3237492

Quote from: clothahump on December 28, 2011, 10:49:26 PM
Manual edits are no good, unable to even find one string that is supposed to be updated.

echo '
</p>

Make manual edits to that file, but instead, find this line

echo $context['show_who'] ? '</a>' : '', '
<div class="smalltext">';

make backups of that file before editing, just in case.

clothahump

I think I will wait until the package has been updated properly, just finished reinstalling SMF to get rid of loads of problems and do not want to end up going down the same route again, to be fair, if the package does not auto install it should not be available for download.

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: clothahump on December 28, 2011, 10:49:26 PM

echo '
</p>

that was the only error during installation via package manager and I ignored it because all it does to you index is to add "x users in chat now" under the current date and time.

I installed the package hcfwesker attached to me in his reply.

thanks hcfwesker

hcfwesker

You're welcome, BaghdadGhost  :)

Quote from: clothahump on December 29, 2011, 05:34:19 AM
I think I will wait until the package has been updated properly, just finished reinstalling SMF to get rid of loads of problems and do not want to end up going down the same route again, to be fair, if the package does not auto install it should not be available for download.

Let me ask you this.  Do you plan on letting members use the Core theme?  To me it's not the greatest smf2 theme, and makes it feel like an smf1 forum ( no disrespect to the theme creators, just my personal preference).  Select the Core theme, browse your forum on it for a little bit, then think if you reeeeeally want members using that theme on your forum.  Deleting the Core theme was one of the first things I did on my SMF2 forum :D   If you chose to do the same, then you won't have to worry about the install errors on the Core theme, along with any other SMF MOds that almost always have install errors on the Core theme ;)

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 30, 2011, 12:33:22 AM
You're welcome, BaghdadGhost  :)

Quote from: clothahump on December 29, 2011, 05:34:19 AM

Let me ask you this.  Do you plan on letting members use the Core theme?  To me it's not the greatest smf2 theme, and makes it feel like an smf1 forum ( no disrespect to the theme creators, just my personal preference).  Select the Core theme, browse your forum on it for a little bit, then think if you reeeeeally want members using that theme on your forum.  Deleting the Core theme was one of the first things I did on my SMF2 forum :D   If you chose to do the same, then you won't have to worry about the install errors on the Core theme, along with any other SMF MOds that almost always have install errors on the Core theme ;)

strongly agree and have done the same. I use ClearSky v2

clothahump

Thanks Guys, I had thought Core was somehow tied in with Default, installed and working perfectly. :)

xFDragon

I'm going out on a whim here and saying I did something stupid with this.

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given in /home/rainbowd/public_html/subdomains/forums/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 303

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given in /home/rainbowd/public_html/subdomains/forums/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 303

This is a fresh install of both SMF 2.0.2 and Ajax 3.3C and B builds, both giving off the same error I have checked all Index.php pages to make sure that they are both chmod'd right. Am I missing something else?

Kreator

Hello, I finally got chat to work!,,, hooray!!! and on 2.0.2 things must be changed in both chat and shoutbox so it seems  ( If I dont use the shoutbox can I delete it all or is chat using something from there!)

Now I need help with some things, take a look at this working, Ajax Chat on AUSChristmasLights.com (attachment below)

This looks really cool with icons for returning to other areas of the forum, a neat logo left justified,  smilies across the bottom of the page , with icons for bold italic etc

How did they do that ? any ideas ??

JamesCameron

I can't find the right file to edit the shoutbox title.

It looks like this:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/045r8ko15 [nofollow]
(watch the left side not fitting in)

I'd like to fix that,
but every template file i edited or even erased (except chat/lib/shoutbox.html) had no influence.

hcfwesker

Quote from: JamesCameron on January 03, 2012, 05:23:21 PM
I can't find the right file to edit the shoutbox title.

This might be what you're looking for ...

./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php

find
$txt['shoutBox'] = 'ShoutBox';

change the text ShoutBox  to what you want it to be

JamesCameron

Thanks for your help, but the problem is that wrong displayed bar.
So i need to see the part around this.

JamesCameron

I just found it out by myself by creating my own search-tool.

The file is
SMF\Themes\default\Shout.template.php

In this file you can edit the copyright, the title, the title bar and everything else up of the shoutbox.

Advertisement: