News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 16, 2012, 03:12:54 PM
Looks to me like it was never coded in to pick up on the review page. So none of the panels are loaded for it.
It felt like a waste really, to make it show there too, since its using AJAX to render the preview. Adding all the block coding into that..well, to what purpose? You are just previewing a post, when its saved, THATS when you need the blocks to show.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Bloc on July 17, 2012, 05:04:13 AM
Quote from: IchBin™ on July 16, 2012, 03:12:54 PM
Looks to me like it was never coded in to pick up on the review page. So none of the panels are loaded for it.
It felt like a waste really, to make it show there too, since its using AJAX to render the preview. Adding all the block coding into that..well, to what purpose? You are just previewing a post, when its saved, THATS when you need the blocks to show.

It's really not 100% important, Bloc. Just that it looks nice and consistent if it programmed there. Once the blocks disappear, everything looks so much bigger and less compact, that's why. I like things looking compact.

bloc

Well, ok, but it does present a resource problem, essentially loading in things you don't need. Seeing as there might be many users doing edits/replies at once(and not just a few admins doing stuff in admin section which doesn't impact things so much) it might be looking nicer, but you also make your server work harder.

That said, I believe its possible to load in the panels initially at least - if the code isn't changed by Brad/Ichbin, I'll look it up to see if its possible.

bloc

Open Sources/TPortal.php and find this line:
// set up the layers, but not for certain actions
if(!isset($_REQUEST['preview']) && !isset($_REQUEST['quote']) && !isset($_REQUEST['xml']) && !isset($aoptions['nolayer']))
$context['template_layers'][] = $context['TPortal']['hooks']['tp_layer'];

change to :
// set up the layers, but not for certain actions
if(!isset($_REQUEST['quote']) && !isset($_REQUEST['xml']) && !isset($aoptions['nolayer']))
$context['template_layers'][] = $context['TPortal']['hooks']['tp_layer'];

BUT - and this is important, do keep the edits of the file intact in case you need to change back - its not certain everything works good when you change that. I didn't test anymore with panels on preview, since I found it a waste to begin with. So its UNTESTED. :)

IchBin™

Thx Bloc! I had not taken a chance to look into the code yet.  Looks like that edit makes things work in the little test I just did. Agree on your sentiments previously though. :)
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Biology Forums

Thank you both for your assistance,

Take care.

Farmacija

I have problem with WYSIWYG editor folder on my server.

See this topic please -> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=482364.0

Is that folder install by tp?
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

lurkalot

Quote from: Farmacija on July 24, 2012, 10:39:04 AM
I have problem with WYSIWYG editor folder on my server.

See this topic please -> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=482364.0

Is that folder install by tp?

As far as I'm aware TP doesn't add a WYSIWYG folder, not since TP version 0.9.8.  Did you upgrade from that version at some point?  Also you're running TP 1.0 RC2 so you're a few versions behind now.  Latest version is TP 1,0

Farmacija

Yes, i did upgrade from that version. I delete that folder now so I will see if errors continue to show .
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Duskmoon

Hello,

I need some help regarding the TP Shoutbox mod.

I am trying to fix a nice shoutbox for our guild forums, and really like the TP one, but I would like to edit it some more. I am kinda hopeless when it comes to figuring these type of things, I did look through TPShout.css in default theme folder, but not quite sure what to do with it. I searched this topic for similar questions, but couldn't find anything along these lines.

SMF version: 1.1.16
TinyPortal: Using Warcraft Portal version 1.083, which is basicly TinyPortal with a few additional WoW mods, added by our host Ejeet Networks.

I have a list of items I would like to change, and I'm in no hurry whatsoever, so if anyone can help with whichever small part of it I would be very grateful. I made an illustration of what I'm aiming for to better clarify what I need:

1. I would like to enable user avatars to show and make them a fixed size 32x32.
2. I would like to move the BBCode formatting buttons and smilies to the bottom of the box.
3. I would like to remove the "Last 100 Shouts:" line and the line break after it.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help out!

IchBin™

You should do an upgrade since you are like 6 versions behind, and you've missed some security updates too...

1. Already exists in TP 1.0, but the size be slightly bigger IIRC.
2. Already exists in TP 1.0.
3. You just have to alter the TPShout.template.php file in the Themes/default/ directory.

DarkAngel612

Yup with the later version than yours they are now using their own smilies...rather the default smilies that come with smf but you can change them in the tp-files/tp-modules-TPShout/Sources/TPShout.php

go to about line: 828

should read:
$context['tp_smileys']['postform'][] = array(
            'smileys' => array(

that is the beginning and you will see them listed...just change the name listed to the name of the smilie you want to be able to use. You can use as many or as few as you like, my forum is smilie happy so we have thousands it weems at times so I only have a few of them showing in the shout box.

not sure if there is anywhere that we can add the actual smiley for it to show automatically or if that is something to request for later versions but for now this does quite nicely

about removing the last shouts at the top of the box, I have no clue. I search files and find the show all shouts but not that one at all.

*****EDIT*****

[/color]I did find that in the TPortal.english.php located in the Themes/default/languages folder does contain the place for the word Shouts:
[/b][/color]when you remove that the word goes away from the shoutbox but not the count before it...that I fear is encoded elsewhere since it does tell you how many shouts are in the display window[/b]
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

MoreBloodWine

Just tried to install on a fresh 2.0.2 site, seemed to go well except the images folder didn't ceem to be created as I don't have images for anything.

When I goto the images folder, instead of seeing the tinyportal folder that's supposed to be created I instead see a tinyportal file with a size of 0. The main image folder is permisioned 777 so everything should be working.

Any ideas ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

IchBin™

You should probably ask the host about that. It would seem to be some type of server configuration that isn't allowing it. You can of course, simply upload the files for that folder manually if you need to fix it though.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: IchBin™ on August 05, 2012, 11:43:15 PM
You should probably ask the host about that. It would seem to be some type of server configuration that isn't allowing it. You can of course, simply upload the files for that folder manually if you need to fix it though.
It's not a host thing because I'm successfully using TP on two other sites.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

IchBin™

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 06, 2012, 12:02:44 AM

The only thing that can affect the installation process is the configuration of the host. Unless there's a bug in SMF, which is highly unlikely. Considering that TP has installed on hundreds of sites since the TP 1.0 release, I don't see how it could be anything else. It could be any number of things that don't allow a directory and it's files to be extracted into your file system. Permissions, Apache/PHP configuration, file system limitations. There is no possible way for me to be able to tell you exactly what unless I'm the administrator of your server. Especially when I cannot reproduce the problem and haven't seen anyone else have the problem either.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: IchBin™ on August 06, 2012, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 06, 2012, 12:02:44 AM

The only thing that can affect the installation process is the configuration of the host. Unless there's a bug in SMF, which is highly unlikely. Considering that TP has installed on hundreds of sites since the TP 1.0 release, I don't see how it could be anything else. It could be any number of things that don't allow a directory and it's files to be extracted into your file system. Permissions, Apache/PHP configuration, file system limitations. There is no possible way for me to be able to tell you exactly what unless I'm the administrator of your server. Especially when I cannot reproduce the problem and haven't seen anyone else have the problem either.
Going on that notion just for a minut, what would single TP our but not any other mods ?

I mean if it was a host thing wouldnt I have also had folder installation issues with SMF since this was a brand new install ?

Arantor

Actually there are a bunch of mods that have this problem and there is one common feature.

If the mod contains a Themes/ folder and expects to 'overlay' that on top of the existing Themes folder, it will cause a permissions problem on some hosts and cause the 'file' to be written instead of a folder.

MoreBloodWine

So maybe that's the issue then ?

Arantor

Advertisement: