News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

The third of the three edits made to Subs.php is what gives the ACP link so it really doesn't look as though you have removed it.

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['manage_themes' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=theme;sa=admin;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['theme_admin'] . '</a>',]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'globalhf' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=globalhf;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['globalhf_title'] . '</a>',
]]></add>
</operation>

Modrod03

This mod isn't working properly in 1.1.3. The global header link is missing from the admin panel.

TrueSatan

The mod does work properly in SMF 1.1.3; you have an issue on your installation. The probability is that you have yout forum language set wrongly...please go to ACP>Server Settings and chech that it is set to English and not English utf8.

Suby

Hello!

I get this when I try to install the package:

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/globalhf.php    
5.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/globalhf.template.php    
6.    Extract File    ./smfheader.php    
7.    Extract File    ./smffooter.php

Modifications that are installed are:

Mod Name     Version     
1.    Shop Item: Change Display Name CSS    0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SMF 1.1.2 Update Package    1.1.2    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Global Headers Footers    1.3    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF Arcade    2.0.6    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SMF 1.1.1 Update Package    1.1.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Global Announcements    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    SMFShop    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)    1.3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    SMF 1.0.9 and 1.1 RC3-1 Security Patch    1.0.8/1.1 RC3    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update    1.1

What do you think can be causing this?

TrueSatan

Your error is a variant on the most common error of all those reported on these pages...it tells you that another mod you have installed has already edited the file in question and that you thus need to do a manual installation of this mod. Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Modrod03

Quote from: TrueSatan on August 24, 2007, 04:24:53 AM
The mod does work properly in SMF 1.1.3; you have an issue on your installation. The probability is that you have yout forum language set wrongly...please go to ACP>Server Settings and chech that it is set to English and not English utf8.
Everything is set right. It doesn't show.

TrueSatan

This mod is used by a great many other people and not only works but works well...therefore you can be quite certain that if it isn't working for you there must be something wrong with your installation.

If your language settings are correct and you are using the SMF default theme then please check that all the edits the mod needs to make are in place and the files in needs to upload are in place too...in fact overwrite the additional files with new copies just to make sure that they are as they should be...follow the links I gave in reply 184 above to see what edits etc the mod makes.

If you are using other than the SMF default theme then you cannot expect the mod to work unless you edit it into any custom theme...this is not a fault with the mod or with SMF 1.1.3 as mods only have to work in the SMF default theme...use any other and you can expect to have to edit to make things work (this is the case not just with this mod but with almost all mods.)

bork

When I install this mod, it appears to install ok, but when I try the link from the admin section, I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'main' template.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

TrueSatan

The chances are that you have done a double installation of the mod...please go through the process of a manual installation and not only check to see that all the edits it makes are in place but that they aren't duplicated...if they are remove the extra code. While you are at it please check to see that the files it adds are also in place though I would think that they would be.

The links I gave in reply 184 above should help you to do this process.

bork

edit: Problem solved  :)

The package manager had installed globalhf.php into the Sources directory, but it was file length 0.

Manually uploaded the file and the problem went away.

TrueSatan

Thanks for posting back...I was about to suggest that you re-uploaded all the files the mod added.

uksharon

i have installed this on my forum but its not showing in the admin area cannot find it. it says its installed but its not showing under Configuration whats wrong???

TrueSatan

The likely reasons are:

You are using a custom theme...anything other than the SMF Default theme is a custom theme...you have to edit the mod into any custom theme as you do almost all mods.

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

You need to go to ACP>Packages>Options>Installation Options and set the fields according to your hosting details then on the same page go to Cleanup Permissions and select All files Writeable and run the cleanup...check via ftp that CHMOD of all your files is now 777 or 775 according to the peculiarities of your hosting and if not recheck the settings you made in Installation Options and run the cleanup again...continue as needed until you get the right settings.

iQEM

Quote from: ^_^ on December 14, 2006, 03:29:26 AM
I cant uninstall the mod :S

Help me!

got the same proble, please help...i want to install the latest version but it cannot be uninstall from Installed Packages...

TrueSatan

It is likely that you have upgraded your forum from a previous core version and as a result a number of mods will lose the ability to uninstall...there is an easy way round it:

When trying to uninstall the mod first uninstall the forum upgrade then uninstall the mod then reinstall the forum upgrade.

iQEM

ow, i c...thx, i test it right away and post the result here... ;)

netsavy006

I'm having a problem.  I don't have a link to where I can edit the footer and header files.  It installed and I see a blank space for where the link should be but there is no link for it in my admin panel.  I'm using the theme black rain 2.  If i switch to the default theme, I still don't have the link to change the header/footer information.  I'm using SMF 1.1.4, and I'm using an english board.  Here's the link to my board if it helps any:  hxxp:sonic-promotion.us/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Thanks,
Andy...

TrueSatan

Please see reply #193 above. I've already answered what is exactly the same problem on this very page.

SpoogeBeast

Very good mod. Did exactly what I wanted quickly and easily.

Mick
SpoogeBeast [nofollow]

Advertisement: