News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joergermeister

I am getting quad messages on my header and footer. I believe it is installed several times and is not removing the install completely when i uninstall. It also doesn't show in the configuration but has made a space for it that doesn't go away. I have been entering my text via dreamweaver and smffooter.txt. How do i remove the Global Header and footer package besides in remove package. Every time i uninstall it, it doesn't remove everything but it says it uninstalled.

I am using 1.1.8

Please help! and thank you for your time

NHWD

ive installed this to my forum but doesnt show up in the admin panel can anyone tell me the link to acces it
for example yoursite.com/fsmf/index.php?action=(action goes here)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

joergermeister

Ok, got most of the problem taken care of but still getting repeat of text entered in header or footer.
How do i remove installs that dont show up? because i uninstalled all of the installs i tried. It seems for every install i did there is duplicate text, even though i uninstalled them.

NHWD

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 27, 2009, 07:46:15 PM
globalhf  I belive
thanks

so i installed this mod and navigated to the action and got:
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
:(

BCK

ive installed it also...but it doesnt show in acp/config...but says installed succesfully...any ideas why ..nothing to click on to actually use it????thx

vbgamer45

What language are you using? Check under Server Settings it should be set to english and not english utf8 Check if you can access index.php?action=globalhf
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CrazyChristina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 29, 2009, 07:58:21 PM
What language are you using? Check under Server Settings it should be set to english and not english utf8 Check if you can access index.php?action=globalhf

I tried that and all I get is:

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

vbgamer45

That would happen since it is missing the session in the url.
Umm you would need to copy the text from themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
To every modifcations file
themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php

Also if you have other themes you would need to copy into it the modifications.english.php if it exists

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CrazyChristina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 03, 2009, 05:17:10 PM
That would happen since it is missing the session in the url.
Umm you would need to copy the text from themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
To every modifcations file
themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php

Also if you have other themes you would need to copy into it the modifications.english.php if it exists

I'm sorry, I just want to understand completely.... I copy what is in my default/languages/modifications.english.php file into ALL the languages/modifications files in the default theme?
At this time I am NOT using other themes, but should I add them I would have to put this in EVERY theme EVERY language? It's not hard to copy and paste, I am just making sure so I don't mess things up lol

vbgamer45

I copy what is in my default/languages/modifications.english.php file into ALL the languages/modifications files in the default theme?
Yes that would fix it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CrazyChristina

Ok, Thanks for helping. Let me go give this a shot and see what happens lol.

CrazyChristina

Sorry I know I am double posting, but I wanted to make sure you saw a new post. I didn't have to do the mod strings in every language... only english-utf8 Which didnt make any sense to me at all since my forum is default english. Anyway after I did it there everything is working perfectly. However, after all that, it didn't do what I thought it was supposed to do. I wanted to put a banner at the top of my forum not in the spot where the smf logo is but above and it is going below to just above my boards. I am so sorry to put everyone thru all this trouble only to find out it's not what I want lol.

vbgamer45

It's ok to fix future mod issues make sure language is set correctly
Check under Server Settings it should be set to english and not english utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CrazyChristina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 03, 2009, 06:47:09 PM
It's ok to fix future mod issues make sure language is set correctly
Check under Server Settings it should be set to english and not english utf8

it is set to english. it has been. it's the first thing everyone tells you to check when doing mods.

Shades.

Quote from: CrazyChristina on May 03, 2009, 06:43:14 PM
Sorry I know I am double posting, but I wanted to make sure you saw a new post. I didn't have to do the mod strings in every language... only english-utf8 Which didnt make any sense to me at all since my forum is default english. Anyway after I did it there everything is working perfectly. However, after all that, it didn't do what I thought it was supposed to do. I wanted to put a banner at the top of my forum not in the spot where the smf logo is but above and it is going below to just above my boards. I am so sorry to put everyone thru all this trouble only to find out it's not what I want lol.

Yes, I thought this as well. How do you put the "Header" above the smf logo and the "Footer" below the copyright and stuff?
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Tiribulus

Alright boys n girls HERE IS A GOOD ONE.

This had me goin for a couple hours today. Bear with me please. Last night I installed the Anti Bot: Unrecognizable Form mod and everything tested fine. Today I upgraded the newest version of the Anti Bot clock and, hang on to your hats, upon clicking on register for a test account I was promptly taken to the spam poison page for copying the code to use spam poison.

What on Earth does this have to do with Global Headers and Footers you quite rightly ask? I have the spam poison code as my global header and that is the only association with my site and spam poison there is. Since I have had that code there for a long time I figured it must have something to do somehow with one or both of the aforementioned anti bot mods which both are related to registration. After installing and uninstalling both manually and with the PM and combinations thereof as needed of various versions of both those mods and testing every possible configuration, same thing. Spam poison website when I clicked register.

I then restored a backup from last night and still the same thing. The one thing I forgot about was last night I also made an attempt to clean up some of the validation errors on my site. Many seemed to be coming from the codes in my global headers and footers so I used the html tidy deal at W3 and used their "tidied" version of those same codes which seemed to work fine and eliminated a bunch of validation errors. I wish I'd have saved them because that's what was causing this. The "tidied" version of the spam poison code. I put back the old code and registration works fine.

Of course the million dollar question is... how the hell could this have possibly happened? It may be a laughably obvious question to somebody, but I sure do not know.

And there's my boring report for tonight.

Shades.

Quote from: BoZilla on May 11, 2009, 02:51:05 PM
Yes, I thought this as well. How do you put the "Header" above the smf logo and the "Footer" below the copyright and stuff?

I would really like to find a way to do the above please, if anyone could tell me how! Thanks! 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

vbgamer45

You would you have to the edit the code. This is not really meant a theme side code since it just touchs the smf code and not the theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: