Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talk2troy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 01, 2010, 01:59:29 PM
Make sure your language is set to english utf8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For other noobs (like me):
SMF 1.1.11 > ADMIN > CONFIGURATION > SERVER SETTINGS > DEFAULT FORUM LANGUAGE  > English-Utf8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, that took a good bit searching just to find the setting!

Mine is already set to > English-Utf8

Any other ideas?

vbgamer45

Opps I meant just set to it to English not english utf8
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jimmy T

Hi, I had a similar problem, the option didn't show up in the menu but did create a blank space with no link. So I uninstalled it and deleted the package, but the blank space stayed. I came here to the forums, found the advice about setting language to English, and did that. I thought I'd install the mod again, but it's already there in the menu even though it doesn't show up in the package list as an installed mod. It does work, but the previous uninstall didn't get rid of the mod. I'm a little worried that if I do anything else with this I might crash the page. Leave it or fix it? It's doing what I want it to do, I have a legal notice at the bottom of every page now, so I'm cool with that. Just a little worried about what I might be doing to the site code.

Jimmy

vbgamer45

Hmm the legal notice sounds like a missing or corrupt language file? What language are you using under Server Settings?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jimmy T

I'm using English, not English utf8.

To clarify, the legal notice is the text I placed in the footer box myself, not an error. It's just text, not html code. Maybe that's where I screwed up?

But now things have changed, the mod is no longer available through the admin menu, the blank space is back, and I do not have access to the header or footer entry boxes or the uninstall or delete option.  My message still shows up on the page, as a footer.

I'm using the default theme, version 1.1.11, and two mod packages, reCaptcha and Ad Managment.

Jimmy T

I believe I've made a little progress, decided to go through the manual install instructions to see if all the code and files were in place, all that was missing was the original zip so I uploaded that to Packages. Still nothing in the menu, but I was given the opportunity to reinstall the mod and I did that. That put me back to square one, the notice I'd put on the page footer was gone, nothing in the admin menu about the mod as yet. I went back to Servers, checked the language. It was set to English but I hit Save again and that pulled up the Global Headers link in the admin menu. I'm now trying to put up the legal notice footer again and expect it will work ok. I do have an SQL backup to go to in case I self-destruct the page but it doesn't look that serious.

-----Update, managed to get it working ok manually although I did have two copies running at once for awhile. Now everything seems to be good.

Jimmy

maihannijat

Hi

By mistake I have installed this mod twice, everything is working fine there is no error .

But how to uninstall one of it?

Shall I remove both of them and install fresh one?

admirable

Really a great work for making this. Custom Header and Footer Image.
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

talk2troy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 02, 2010, 12:28:24 PM
Opps I meant just set to it to English not english utf8

OK - I finally got this working - and it is a great feature... BUTT...
- what a pain in the a$$ to use the wrong language and not get an warning before or during install!

THE MOD DOWNLOAD PAGE SHOULD HAVE A HUGE WARNING ON THERE TO SOLVE THIS COMMON ISSUE!
- a message prompting you to set the language to ENGLISH (not English-UTF8) before installing the mod would also be nice.

I also had to remove a double install to get it to work & after reading several search results on this issue.
- I think it would help a lot if you wrote a dedicated topic for removal of double installs & duplicate text.

For the benefit of others regarding duplicate text, double text, double install, duplicate install:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=duplicate;topic=103464

Thanks for the mod... all the same...
- I'm just saying... it would help a lot to "head 'em off at the pass" cowboy...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

talk2troy

Can you EDIT the text on the MOD download page to WARN people of this?

If not, can't you contact an ADMIN and request this simple solution?

So many posts can be solved by adding some WARNING text to the MOD download page!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

elkingrey

Is it possible to make the header at the very top of the page? Currently my header appears in the middle of the page and it looks terrible. Did I do something wrong, or is that how the mod was designed?

vbgamer45

Possible to do would require changes in the Subs.php the location varies depending on the theme

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

elkingrey

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 14, 2010, 02:41:24 PM
Possible to do would require changes in the Subs.php the location varies depending on the theme

The theme I am running is a copied default theme. Are there any directions for what I need to do to change my subs.php to get it on top?

elkingrey

Quote from: Elysia on July 21, 2007, 01:45:21 PM
kosher_travel, use the Ads_mod instead as this does what you want it to do. :)

This is how to get the header to go at THE VERY TOP. Thank you!! It works great!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Or you can use this instead.
Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on April 21, 2010, 03:35:15 PM
I change add global header code i.e.:

// Global Headers
$headercontents = '';

$noheaders = false;
if (isset($_REQUEST['action']))
{
if ($_REQUEST['action'] == 'dlattach')
$noheaders = true;

}

if(!isset($_REQUEST['xml']) && $noheaders == false)
if(file_exists($boarddir . '/smfheader.txt'))
{
$headercontents = file_get_contents($boarddir . '/smfheader.txt');
echo '<!--Headers-->';
echo $headercontents;
echo '<!--End Headers-->';

}

from after this code
if (isset($settings['use_default_images']) && $settings['use_default_images'] == 'defaults' && isset($settings['default_template']))
{
$settings['theme_url'] = $settings['default_theme_url'];
$settings['images_url'] = $settings['default_images_url'];
$settings['theme_dir'] = $settings['default_theme_dir'];
}

to add after this code
header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=' . (empty($context['character_set']) ? 'ISO-8859-1' : $context['character_set']));
}

to rectify my problems.

I hope it will be useful to others using this mod and want to change the global header place from under the main menu to above the whole forum.

vbgamer45

This mod does not touch the template files.

Only changes Sources/Subs.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Midnitelove

Is this it?

<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* Subs-Package.php                                                                *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.5                                           *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org)     *
* Copyright 2006-2007 by:     Simple Machines LLC (http://www.simplemachines.org) *
*           2001-2006 by:     Lewis Media (http://www.lewismedia.com)             *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simplemachines.org                       *
***********************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under   *
* the terms of the provided license as published by Simple Machines LLC.          *
*                                                                                 *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful, but      *
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY    *
* or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                                            *
*                                                                                 *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.          *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.        *
**********************************************************************************/
if (!defined('SMF'))
   die('Hacking attempt...');

/*   This file's central purpose of existence is that of making the package
   manager work nicely.  It contains functions for handling tar.gz and zip
   files, as well as a simple xml parser to handle the xml package stuff.
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

Advertisement: