News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saskya

Hi Guys. Hope everyone is doing well on this humid rainy sunday. Well, ok - at least it's humid and rainy in FL.

I've got a small problem that i am hoping i can get a bit of assistance with. I've spent my afternoon researching and attempting to fix this, but i've hit a snag that i just cannot get past.

My 'gallery' link isn't showing up. I am 95% sure i've identified the issue, but i don't know where to go or what to edit to fix it.

(By the way, hxxp:modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/index.php [nonactive] is amazing.)

All of the coding/replacing is correct except for this:

in the index.template.php in my theme dir (amber11final) i am supposed to find this:
// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo ($current_action == 'mlist' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

and add

// the [SMF Gallery] button
if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])
echo ($current_action == 'gallery' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']  , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

However, the first block of code just. is. not. in. that. file. I am so stumped it's just not funny. Any suggestions?

Reis_TÜRK

TrueSatan

@ Saskya

I would suggest that you query the developer of that theme and see how you are advised to make the navigation bar work in it...or switch to a theme that isn't so much distant, code wise, from the SMF Default theme.

Saskya

@truesatan

Thank you for the suggestion. Digging into the theme's thread worked perfectly to get me what i needed!

OmegaSupreme

I tried to search through this thread and saw a few people ask about this but all I could find was that it could be done by modifying gallery.template.php

I would like to modify gallery.template.php to be able to see the Title of the pictures that we upload on the page that displays the thumnails. Either top center of the pic or just below the pic, right above the "views" stat.  I tried to do it myself for about 2 hours now, but can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

dxyy

I have a question that I couldn't find the solution to from the few pages that I checked in this thread.

My forum uses both English and Chinese. On the English side everything appears to be fine. On the Chinese side though, there is no way for users to get to gallery as there is no tab for it where it says "home . help . search . profile . my messages . members . 'gallery' . logout "

I think that this is an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing and is comfortable with PHP etc.; unfortunately that someone is not me. :( Therefore, I would really appreciate some guidance on this. Please be as clear as you can.

Thanks in advance. :)

TrueSatan

There's no need for PHP knowledge or any great difficulty for you in doing this...as per a previous reply given by vbgamer45:

QuoteCopy Gallery.english.php from themes/default/languages/   
To every
themes/customtheme/languages/   
Folder.

...then translate the file and all is done.

You would translate the file by altering it as follows...looking at line 24 as an example:

$txt['gallery_text_title'] = 'Gallery';

...you would alter only the word after the equals sign...so if you were translating into French you would get:

$txt['gallery_text_title'] = 'Galerie';

Treat each line of that file where a txt string is handled the same way and save your new file as Gallery.chinese.php leaving the existing Gallery.english.php in place and putting the new file in the same directory as it and in all your themes in the same way.

dxyy

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works out.

OmegaSupreme

Quote from: OmegaSupreme on August 13, 2007, 09:20:00 PM
I tried to search through this thread and saw a few people ask about this but all I could find was that it could be done by modifying gallery.template.php

I would like to modify gallery.template.php to be able to see the Title of the pictures that we upload on the page that displays the thumnails. Either top center of the pic or just below the pic, right above the "views" stat.  I tried to do it myself for about 2 hours now, but can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Nobody got anything for me yet :D..I want to release this to our forum members but would like to get this resolved first!

dxyy

I have another problem. :(

Whenever I try to delete a picture it says something like: "An error has occurred. No picture selected"

Has anyone else had problems with this?

dxyy

Is it possible to have "previous" and "next" buttons in the gallery so that members can go through the pictures a lot more conveniently?

If this is not a feature, I hope whoever is in charge of this mod will consider that as an add-on in the future. :)

Also does anyone have any help for concerning my last post?

Quote from: hugodiaz on August 18, 2007, 05:50:31 AM
I have another problem. :(

Whenever I try to delete a picture it says something like: "An error has occurred. No picture selected"

Has anyone else had problems with this?

TrueSatan

Firstly please note that this is the free (Lite) version of SMF Gallery and that there is a pay to use pro version with many more features available...vbgamer45 usually charges for custom coding and the additions being requested would be likely to fall under the category of custom coding.

@ hugodiaz

Does the image delete properly...if so ignore the report as it is just saying that the image it deleted isn't there anymore.

dxyy

Quote from: TrueSatan on August 19, 2007, 06:22:53 AM
Firstly please note that this is the free (Lite) version of SMF Gallery and that there is a pay to use pro version with many more features available...vbgamer45 usually charges for custom coding and the additions being requested would be likely to fall under the category of custom coding.

@ hugodiaz

Does the image delete properly...if so ignore the report as it is just saying that the image it deleted isn't there anymore.
No the image is not deleted. For now, I have just been un-approving them so that they will not show in the gallery. Even then when I try to delete them it doesn't work. After I click delete, it takes me to a new screen which says:

Warning this will delete your picture and you can not restore it.

Delete Picture

Views:
Filesize: 0kb
Date: January 01, 1970, 07:00:00 AM
Comments ()

But from the information you can see that someone no picture is selected, and therefore nothing gets deleted. :(

TrueSatan

Go through the mod as per a manual installation and check that all edits and files are in place then check the paths are correct in ACP>Gallery Configuration>Settings and that the CHMOD of the gallery directory is set to 777

Coalesce

I just installed this mod, and have gone through and modified all permissions. I have also looked at and installed the different Language files, and moving things about appropriately.

Current SMF version: 1.1.3

Issue: No fonts are displaying. By this I mean nothing in the Admin panel. It shows the space where it is suppose to be, but nothing more. Doesn't display in the title bar or anything of the sort. I have tried it on the uploaded template as well as the default -- both are the same.

Any help would be appreciated -- just whenever you guys get around to my issue. I looked through the thread and saw nothing (that helped my issue).

Thanks
David

vbgamer45

Have you copy the text from  modifications.english.php from themes/default/langauges/modifications.english.php
To every themes/default/langaugesmodifications.*.php file
And the same for any custom theme that has those files
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Coalesce

Yeah, I tried doing that. I even tried simply using the default skin, and nothing showed at all. There were no errors reported upon "installation."  I've went through and un-installed and then re-installed. Also went through the suggestions already given and made sure that it did install the code in the files in the Sources folder.

I so far have not been able to get even a letter to display in the Admin panel or on the Links menu. Let me know if you can think of anything else I may have done wrong.

TrueSatan

Please check ACP>Server Settings to make sure that your forum language is set to English and not English utf8

npereira

I have this mod and when I click on gallery management link in the admin panel, I get "Not implemented ". Yet the mod is installed and there are pictures in the sections.

How can I fix this?

Also, in TP, the mode in the theme is also enabled.

vbgamer45

Do you have the mod installed? It should be under Gallery configuration.
The not implemented link is for TinyPortal
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: