News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasqual

Quote from: snifftheglove on December 19, 2006, 06:04:51 AM
I think I might have found the reason for the Modification parse errors. It might be down to the version of PHP you are running.
Please see my posting
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=135698.0

Quote from: snifftheglove on December 14, 2006, 08:27:53 AM

I've the same problem. I think this happens while using another language then english.

Mine is just default English and the default theme.

I have also deleted everything from my 1.1 Final root directory, and then uploaded a new install, went with utf-8 and forums then working fine, then tried uploading AVV and got
1.    Execute Code    installverification.php   
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Verification.php   
5.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts   

Confused as this was a vanilla install of SMF1.1, follows by AVV a few seconds later. (No other mods installed)

Hope this helps
PHP5 here, I suspect a mismatch caused by memory limit?
In class xmlArray's _parse, the preg_match to find the closing tag (modification) FAILS if the data is too large (i.e. if I remove some <file>s, the add-on is ready to install)

Quote from: FoneBone on December 20, 2006, 05:41:10 PM
Just open the package-info.xml in the zip-file and modify these two lines:
<install for="1.1">
<uninstall for="1.1">

to:

<install for="1.1, 1.1.1">
<uninstall for="1.1, 1.1.1">

I use 1.1* which works fine, unless a 1.10 etc. version is released

Medizinmann99

Hello,

I would like to know if this mod is going to work with SMF 1.1.1. and the YABB SE Classic Theme.

I am asking first because I do not want to mess anything up. (I already made a backup though but uploading the backup again etc. etc. will take some time so I ask first)

Bye and thanks,

Medizinmann99

Kindred

you will have to manually apply the changes to the theme template files...   other than that, it should work just fine.

I have it installed on a custom theme as well as Helios, but I had to apply the changes for display.template.php and profile.template.php manually.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Medizinmann99

Hello,

thanks hm I have one question left, on page two of this thread some german person says that
"after copying the english string block from index.english.php in index.german.php" everything worked fine.

How can I identify the code block that is being added to index.english.php ?

My mother tongue is german btw and my forum is german + english.

Thanks,

Medizinmann99

Dirk67

Quote from: Medizinmann99 on January 03, 2007, 12:11:38 PM
My mother tongue is german btw and my forum is german + english.

Thanks,

Medizinmann99

here's a solution for german (with file attached)
--> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114620.msg867913#msg867913
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

Medizinmann99

Hello,

ok I just tried it.

I unpacked the original advancedvisualverification etc. zip to a folder and unpacked the contents of the german language mod thing you just mentioned to this folder, therefore replacing a few of the files of the original with the german versions, so to say. Then I packed this again and went to package manager, uploaded the package, and it said ok and correct and everything fine and the dot is green blabla etc..

So the forum thinks everything was correctly installed.

Still, when I take a look at "registration" there is no "visual verification" menu at all. I changed profile from german to english and vice versa, and there simply isnt any visual verification menu anywhere. So not in registration and not in the german counterpart for this menu point nor anywhere.

Well, thats the end of the story. Anybody has any idea?

P.S.:
I also tried setting the theme back to standard SMF in my personal profile and there also tried both language settings in my profile, still no visual verification menu anywhere.

P.P.S.:
I just attached two screenshots so that you can see the package manager screen and the registration menu.

Medizinmann99

Hello,

ok and if I try to install the original mod with the mini modification mentioned here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114620.msg867913#msg867913
so that the SMF forum package installer accepts it as 1.1.1. the forum says the below mentioned thing.

So basically I think the version needs to be upgraded or something, or I am doing something wrong. As I said I am using the Classic YABB SE Theme, perhaps this is somehow involved here.

Bye,

Medizinmann99

Dirk67

all modifcations will install on the standard-theme with english language (non UTF-8) only...

if you use another language you will have to make manual modifications or manual installation...

if you use another theme you will have to make manual modifications or manual installation as well...

what exactly to do if you have another theme, I don't know, cause I am a newbie like you ;) ,
so maybe another experienced person may help you instead...

as a quick start to this issue you may use this link:
--> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0
or in german:
--> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34543.0

hope it helps...
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

Medizinmann99

Hello,

well according to my information the mod does not even run on 1.1.1. with the standard theme. Therefore I think it would useless to sit myself down for hours and manually change and exchange parts as mentioned in the install.xml.

I suppose it will be better to wait for a patch for 1.1.1. and then try the modification - at least in my opinion.

Bye,

Medizinmann99

Kindred

it's working just fine for me on 3 different forums using 1.1.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tarsia

Quote from: Rasqual on January 03, 2007, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: snifftheglove on December 19, 2006, 06:04:51 AM
I think I might have found the reason for the Modification parse errors. It might be down to the version of PHP you are running.
Please see my posting
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=135698.0

PHP5 here, I suspect a mismatch caused by memory limit?
In class xmlArray's _parse, the preg_match to find the closing tag (modification) FAILS if the data is too large (i.e. if I remove some <file>s, the add-on is ready to install)

Hi,
I already know that the error depends on the PHP version. But, does anybody know a hack to install the mod on PHP 5?

Thanks, tarsia

PS. As the parse error appears in some other mods, in my point of view its is a general bug of SMF and a todo for the Development-Team. But it seems that they are not interested in it (as far is i read in other topics).
SMF 1.1

Rasqual

Perhaps you could try to convert the mod from XML to the (old) boardmod format

Badmovies.org

Quote from: tarsia on January 05, 2007, 03:17:19 AM
PS. As the parse error appears in some other mods, in my point of view its is a general bug of SMF and a todo for the Development-Team. But it seems that they are not interested in it (as far is i read in other topics).

I came to the same conclusion after reading other posts about this issue.  However, I believe they will have to address the issue sooner or later.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

Juan Carlos

I install this mode but I uninstall it because in the registration page I had 5 images  ???.
Now after uninstall my registration page in the admin panel is blank.

How can I correct this problem?

Thanks
Juan Carlos

Badmovies.org

I was running into installation problems too (see a page or two back).  The only way I could fix the problem was to upload a fresh copy of the pages affected.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

rockinaway

The images are not showing... happened before too.. using 1.1.1 all installed
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

Rasqual

Definitely an error due to the XML parser and the regex expression.
Converted to boardmod and applied successfully. It seems to work fine so far.

tarsia: Get hxxp:rask.free.fr/public/AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1-boardmod_only.zip [nonactive] and rezip them into your AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1.zip, then re-upload.
Edit: according to the remark below, errors occurs when applying it. I may have made a mistake somewhere.

snifftheglove

Quote from: Rasqual on January 06, 2007, 06:27:57 PM
Definitely an error due to the XML parser and the regex expression.
Converted to boardmod and applied successfully. It seems to work fine so far.

tarsia: Get this archive and rezip them into your AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1.zip, then re-upload.

Make a backup of my Sources and Themes folders, then tried that file above from Rasqual, this time it stated success on the test run and I then applied it.

Then I could not click the registration page in admin as there were page errors in the php, something about a missing }.

So I restored the backup and all was fine again with out AVV.

Sorry.

HarzeM, do you have a time line for a 1.1.1 version of AVV

willi1

hello,

i have installed the mod for 1.1 I use the forum 1.1.1 .
no member can write a personal message in the config I disable the part (beim Versand einer PM:)
but the pictures are there can you explain me the problem?
sorry for my bad english

best regards

André

rockinaway

Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

Advertisement: