News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witte

Quote from: akulion on December 18, 2006, 02:58:30 PM
oh well atleast the mods work

Ive looked around for the version number - does anyone know where I need to change the uninstall for 1.1 to 1.1.1 for the uninstall links to reappear? Would I need to download the zips change versions inside and then re-upload?

That would work I would think... ;D

Or maybe not if there is some kind of cached footprint of the install file...???

Gobo

oh no now it says "hacking attempt detected"

Then it said "please login"

when I logged in it said "user does not exist"

lol ok i made all that up lol

Thanks works perfectly :D

Lou

Quote from: Ben_S on December 18, 2006, 02:52:32 PM
Hmm, are you 100% sure your account is an administrator account rather than an account with most permissions assigned?

Yes. There are two "admin" type groups listed. One is 'Administrator' and the other is a remanant left from the phpBB conversion I guess and is called 'phpBB Site Admin'. The Administrator group says it has 'all' permissions. The phpBB Site Admin account only listed 2 permission so to test a theory, I enabled all available permissions for that group, giving it 71 in total.

The forum account I logged in as is a member of both the smf Administrator group and the phpBB Site Admin group. In addition, when I am logged in and click on the profie for the account and click 'Show Permissions', it comes back with As an administrator, this member has all possible permissions.

So, that's as sure as I can think of that the account trying to do the update is indeed an administrator account.

Thanks,

Lou

Witte

Ok, so what's the best way to go here, I have a fairly heavily modded forum, should I do a manual install? or uninstall all my mods first? or just go ahead and hope for the best? I'm trusting the Liverpool man... ;D

[edit]thing is, I've just discovered yet another trojan on my winblow$ pc, so am also in the process of migrating to linux...so much to do, so little time to do it...

Karuhun

Congratulation for quick fixing ! ;)

JustJen

Quote from: Witte on December 18, 2006, 03:10:14 PM
Ok, so what's the best way to go here, I have a fairly heavily modded forum, should I do a manual install? or uninstall all my mods first? or just go ahead and hope for the best? I'm trusting the Liverpool man... ;D

Definitely uninstall all your mods!!! My board is completely broken and I have no idea how to fix it. That Ad Management mod, though very useful,  is going to be the death of me!  :'(

Gobo

As long as ur mods are working (which they will unless it was a mod effected by the file changes in which case u would have gotten an error) leave well enough alone

If you ever need to uninstall a mod just do what Ben_s suggested, in the package manager put ;version_emulate=1.1 in front of the existing address in the adressbar and uninstall

but if it works - dont muddle with it lol or u may just have to start from scratch once more

Witte

Quote from: Ajen on December 18, 2006, 03:14:42 PM

Definitely uninstall all your mods!!! My board is completely broken and I have no idea how to fix it. That Ad Management mod, though very useful,  is going to be the death of me!  :'(

Thanx m8...I think I'll do it all on my local version first, then re-upload the files via ftp...does this mod change the database???

BTW, Ad Mod; very useful, but a WHOLE load of problems...I just put my ads in manually now...

Witte

Quote from: akulion on December 18, 2006, 03:15:24 PM
As long as ur mods are working (which they will unless it was a mod effected by the file changes in which case u would have gotten an error) leave well enough alone

If you ever need to uninstall a mod just do what Ben_s suggested, in the package manager put ;version_emulate=1.1 in front of the existing address in the adressbar and uninstall

but if it works - dont muddle with it lol or u may just have to start from scratch once more

OK, thanks Aku...I also go with the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Nice tip for the package manager...could save a lot of time...
;D

Ben_S

Quote from: Lou on December 18, 2006, 03:09:07 PM
Quote from: Ben_S on December 18, 2006, 02:52:32 PM
Hmm, are you 100% sure your account is an administrator account rather than an account with most permissions assigned?

Yes. There are two "admin" type groups listed. One is 'Administrator' and the other is a remanant left from the phpBB conversion I guess and is called 'phpBB Site Admin'. The Administrator group says it has 'all' permissions. The phpBB Site Admin account only listed 2 permission so to test a theory, I enabled all available permissions for that group, giving it 71 in total.

The forum account I logged in as is a member of both the smf Administrator group and the phpBB Site Admin group. In addition, when I am logged in and click on the profie for the account and click 'Show Permissions', it comes back with As an administrator, this member has all possible permissions.

So, that's as sure as I can think of that the account trying to do the update is indeed an administrator account.

Thanks,

Lou

Odd, never come across that before. Check that you are not part of any additional groups in your profile.

I upgraded to 1.1.1 via the package manager with 1000+ users online, I wouldn't worry about it.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Ivancro

i can't install it when i click install this patch it return on first page of my forum.

Lou

Quote from: Ben_S on December 18, 2006, 03:23:51 PMOdd, never come across that before. Check that you are not part of any additional groups in your profile.

I had those same thoughts and was checking that right about the time you replied. The 'admin account' IS a member of a "Post count based groups". I cannot see anyway to remove the account from that area, unless it is as simple as deleting the # of posts attributed to the account.

I did however, try to create a brand new account, and assigned it to "Administrators" as it's sole and primary account. Cleared all chache, closed browser, reopened browser, logged in as newly created user, went to admin area, tried to apply patch - same result - permission denied error.

I can do the upgrade manually, it's not that big a deal, but thought you might need to know about this scenario in case it is a real problem.

Thanks.

Lou

bammoeller

It all installed well besides the display.php. I guess this is do to a mod being installed.
Was the exploit found in the display.php?

L.G.S

After installing this update, when I clicked Unread Topics and went into one, I got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /home/xxxx/public_html/board/Sources/Subs.php on line 297

It only seems to be a problem with that one topic (although I only had 3 unread), but it may happen again.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Oldiesmann

You will need to talk to your host about that - preg_replace is a standard PHP function. The only situation that could cause that function to be undefined is if your host compiled PHP "--without-pcre-regex".
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

L.G.S

OK I will ask, although this has only started happening since I installed the update and it's never happened before. Seems to be happening when it wants now, just happened when I tried to reply to a topic with topicseen in the url.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

JustJen

The ad management mod has caused this after I applied the patch:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /home/virtual/site35/fst/var/www/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 173

What is the easiest way to repair my broken board?

SaltedWeb

Ladies and Gentlemen,
And this why I/you should pay head to SMF's warning of all version are Beta
accept 1.09.

However LOL, I thought the warning was for the " unstable versions".
Wasnt 1.1 supposed to be the stable fixed one ( tougne in cheek)

And yet again this why my main site I use SMF does not have 1.1 on it yet.
Nore does it have RC3 even.
I wait for fixes just like this and then I will update/ install

I only like modifying mods once thank you.

Cozmo

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SleePy

Some Unexpected errors came up with the 1.1 Final. This patch will fix all of them and so everything should be ok to upgrade to 1.1.1 and Use your forum without problems. I recommend upgrading to 1.1 as It includes many more features that 1.0 does not have and all around better support and checks for everything used.

Please note that this Topic is not for support. Please Post in the appropriate support forums for Help. Using the Search feature may find the answer to your topic and save you and the SMF Support team time.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JustJen

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on December 18, 2006, 05:28:11 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
And this why I/you should pay head to SMF's warning of all version are Beta
accept 1.09.

However LOL, I thought the warning was for the " unstable versions".
Wasnt 1.1 supposed to be the stable fixed one ( tougne in cheek)

And yet again this why my main site I use SMF does not have 1.1 on it yet.
Nore does it have RC3 even.
I wait for fixes just like this and then I will update/ install

I only like modifying mods once thank you.

Cozmo

Thanks, that was helpful.

Advertisement: