News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralf_donald

Hey nneoneo,

i use your great mod (SB_1.22b on SMF 2.0.1). But of one day to the next it was not possible to send messages into the shoutbox. On pressing the 'shout!'-button, nothing happens.

If i comment out the <link [...]=yshout.js?062008[...]> in the head, then it works. But it still does not reload the shoutbox, it reloads the whole smf.

Molten Bear

I have this problem too.  It seems related to the background image for the curve theme.  As soon as enough Shout lines appear, that bottom boarder appears in the wrong place.

Any ideas on how to correct for this?

Quote from: rufen on August 02, 2011, 03:51:30 PM
Hello nneonneo!

I still have a weird looking shoutbox in curve even if I downloaded the package today.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VRWph8TYHwc/TjhUz1rZPnI/AAAAAAAAEL4/64wgyX-eCWA/s1152/shoutbox.jpg

PlayfulGod

how do you unban ppl in this this shoutbox?

Wiejeben

My shouts are not appearing either? Is this due to some incorrect Apache settings, PHP settings, file permissions or some SMF code that's effecting the shoutbox?

It all worked fine when I tested it on XAMPP, on my localhost. But once I installed it to my forum on my DirectAdmin server it didn't work anymore.

Please, tell me how to fix it, or release an update that'd fix this issue.

Mods installed: YouTube BBC.
Theme: A customized Curve based theme.
SMF version: 2.0.1

imburner

any way to get this on 2.0.1?

Grosraisin

Hi,

Here's a new review of my personal shoutbox (nneonneo's Shoutbox)

*More cleanup code
*Guest cannot view chatbox

SMF / Le Partage et l'Entraide
SMF / Sharing and Caring

Mes modifications de Mods / Templates

imburner

That one throws a error for me as well. Seems there was code that does not get removed after uninstalling the last versions

projectnaija

guys i want to use this mod
i have installed version SB_1.22b but dont know what to do next, i need a full guide thanks in advance

bobbinz30

The shoutbox on my site refreshes correctly sometimes, and not at other times.  hxxp:emcache.com [nonactive] is the site in question. 

I have checked everything in all the yshout files and the general themes. Any ideas?

Problem Resolved

gatesco

Hi everyone!
I've a problem with my shoutbox. I use smf 1.1.15 and I've just installed the 1.22 version of the neonneo's shoutbox but when I try to write something and I click "Send" nothing happens! Why?
Please help me, thanks!

kriskd

Similar issues.  I upgraded to 1.1.15.  My shoutbox displays, but when I attempt to enter a shout, the text doesn't take, and it returns my message board html in the shoutbox area.  The shoutbox works fine with the default theme and it worked fine with the custom theme I was using (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=305) until I did the upgrade.  The rest of my upgrade seems to be fine.  Any ideas?
SMF 2.0.2

kriskd

Solved.  I thought I had updated the shoutbox code in the head section of my template, but I guess I had not.  Blame poor vim skills for that one!
SMF 2.0.2

gatesco

Quote from: kriskd on November 27, 2011, 04:11:36 PM
Solved.  I thought I had updated the shoutbox code in the head section of my template, but I guess I had not.  Blame poor vim skills for that one!

I had updated that code but it doesn't work   :'(

XanoKais

Fresh install of this addon on a fresh install of SMF 2.0.1, and it is not working.  Shout button does not react to being clicked/enter button pressed.

endus

I have done some testing and figured out that this mod is breaking autosuggest on my board.  This shoutbox is crucial, and autosuggest is pretty crucial too.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this or why it might be happening?  It reliably breaks when testing it on a fresh install of the board.  See here...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=463505.0

clothahump

Does not work at all in 2.0.2 or if it does I must be blind.

autarh

Hi it works for me on 2.02 but it works little bit strange please see picture...

Can u please give me proper code how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance !

Con

Screws up pretty weirdly in 2.02.. I have it in the boardindex, and it shows the board index 3 times now. o.O;

Con

radzior

here i remade it works with 2.0.2 now

Advertisement: