News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

FlashChat Integration

Started by Tyrsson, January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

eh.. hackers and kiddie scripters, I still giggle over.. let them come, it's just more amusing entertainment :P
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: Kindred on October 02, 2012, 02:01:38 PM
whoops... my mistake. I read it quickly and thought you were posting instructions for ajaxchat. :)

mea culpa.

Sakurachan,
evidence?   I have never had a problem with Flashchat attracting hackers... and although there are some issues, every system has some of them and I don't think that describing it as "really buggy" is at all accurate.

I never had any issue, other than the occassional blonde moment, and have installed both the FC and mod in many many websites  ;D

Kindred... no biggie.. and I am very happy to see you are still around.. it's been an even longer time than I thought..
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Matthew K.

FlashChat actually has a lot of PHP errors that are covered up by their error reporting value. If I wanted to take the time, I could rewrite the entire PHP side of the chat and then make it more SMF based for the admin panel, layout, etc.

Sakurachan

You don't need any evidence to know v4 was pretty buggy.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on October 02, 2012, 02:08:15 PM
FlashChat actually has a lot of PHP errors that are covered up by their error reporting value. If I wanted to take the time, I could rewrite the entire PHP side of the chat and then make it more SMF based for the admin panel, layout, etc.

I think that was Joey's intentions Lab.. but if you have the free time, and can get something working that will pass, I am sure he will turn this mod over to you.. it'd be a welcome relief, I know..  O:)

Matthew K.

It wouldn't really be that hard, it'd more be an issue of time. Plus as people have already said, they wouldn't want to pay that much for it, and so I wouldn't be even close to compensated for the time I'd put in.

He's already said he'd turn it over to me in the past. Although I've been developing a chat software with one of my buddies which is another reason why I wouldn't want to sink the time in to redeveloping FlashChat on an SMF side. Plus, I'm not even sure if their license would allow for it, would they?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

not too sure now, been away since ummm a few years now. might head over and check it out.

since you are involved with something else, tho.. maybe someone who really cared about this mod could.. me personally, I don't have the time. My mom died in Jan, and I am glad I have my brother helping me out. I'd love to come back full time, but maybe by next summer, once things are settled. Till then, will try to pop in more.  ;)

Inti31

ups.. I won't raise any dicussion for pro & cons about fc - i guess i should remove my little instruction, should I?
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Matthew K.

Feel free to keep your instructions if they're about FlashChat.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Inti31, you are good, promise!!

thank you for the instructions, i am sure someone will be able to use them! ;)

Kindred

yeah, no need to remove the instructions...   my complaint was due to my own confusion... :) It's one of those things that happens as you get older. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

uspacheco

Hi !

I'm not a programmer and everything I did on my website was from tutorials and help from forums like this one.
The last thing I wanted to add at my website is a chat.  I've chosen FlachChat 6.0.8 because it is affordable and has a good tutorial.

Everything worked fine during installation and I read a post at TUFAT how to modify some codes to integrate FlashChat with SMF 2.0.2

http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?s=27bf10eaff1037a064454aa6f26b3d49&t=80167 [nofollow]

I did everything the way it says, but at the end, when I get into flashchat.php and try to login, nothing happens. The login window disappear after clicking on login.

If I try to go to admin.php , I get an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /hermes/bosoraweb005/b2162/ipg.uspacheco/trades/chat/inc/cmses/smfCMS20.php on line 102

If necessary, I paste some files I've changed :

@smfCMS20.php changed to:

function getRoles($status, $additionalGroups)
{
if($status == 1 || in_array(1, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_ADMIN;

if($status == 2 || in_array(2, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;
if($status == 3 || in_array(3, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;

if($status == 0 || ($status > 3 && $status < 99 )) return ROLE_USER;
if(in_array(0, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;

return null;
}

@smfCMS2.php changed to:

function getRoles($status, $additionalGroups) {

if($status == 1 || in_array(1, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_ADMIN;

if($status == 2 || in_array(2, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;
if($status == 3 || in_array(3, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;

if($status == 0 || ($status > 3 && $status < 99 )) return ROLE_USER;
if(in_array(0, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;

return null;
}

@BoardIndex.template.php  I added this:

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
if (!empty($context['users_online']))
{
echo '
', sprintf($txt['users_active'], $modSettings['lastActive']), ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);
// flashchat users
echo '

</p><p class="inline smalltext">Chat Users

<iframe frameborder="0" height="100" src="', $GLOBALS['boardurl'], '/chat/info_embedded.php" style="width: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; overflow: hidden;" scrolling="no" border="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

';

@subs.php I added

// [Flashchat button] button
'Chat' => array(
'title' => $txt['Chat'],
'href' => 'http://www.yoursite.com/chat/flashchat.php "target=blank"',
'show' => true,

),

@modifications.english.php and other languages installed , I added

$txt['Chat']='Chat';

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Tyrsson

Folks,

Sorry I have not had the time to update this but but with work, and other projects taking priority I just have not had the time and I do not see me putting much time into coding mods for SMF. If and when I get the time to code, it will be smcore focused.

@Lab 360,
I wouldnt mind someone updating the mod, but it would need to remain a free mod and I would also want to make sure Daniel15 doesnt want to pick it back up as well, if I can get in touch with him that is.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

antler

I got Flash Chat Integration to run in smf 2.0.3 but am puzzled with something.   Example chat post: [Shadow] 4:15 pm [undefined]: test   - this is what is puzzling.....  what does (undefined) mean

what needs to be defined?   Any help on this one?

makdeb

Hello everyone!
I have a trouble with FlashChat. I've installed it on my SMF site and it worked fine for some time. But a week ago I've got an error message when open Chat. It displays an error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /home1/sporttf0/public_html/nwhunttalk/chat/inc/config.php on line 82

In that lines there is such code:
if( !isset( $_REQUEST['step'] )  )
{
      if( time() - $arr>5 )
      {
         //added on 090706 for chat instances
         $stmt = new Statement('SELECT * FROM '.$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref'].'config_main', 1);

$rs = $stmt->process();
         $main_records = array();
         while($rec = $rs->next())
         {
             $GLOBALS['fc_config']['fc_instance'][$rec['level_0']] = $rec['value'];

}
      }
}

(Line 82 is bold)
Maybe someone have experience in resolving such issue? What can I do to fix that?!

Kindred

Tis question belongs ver on the flash chat support forums...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on October 02, 2012, 02:17:30 PM
It wouldn't really be that hard, it'd more be an issue of time. Plus as people have already said, they wouldn't want to pay that much for it, and so I wouldn't be even close to compensated for the time I'd put in.

He's already said he'd turn it over to me in the past. Although I've been developing a chat software with one of my buddies which is another reason why I wouldn't want to sink the time in to redeveloping FlashChat on an SMF side. Plus, I'm not even sure if their license would allow for it, would they?
What would you need at a minimum to even do this ?

Make FC more SMF friendly, clean up the code etc to fix any current issues / possible exploits ?

I guess 4.7.12 is what they say is the last stable version before the 5x branch.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Matthew K.

I'll go ahead and send you a PM explaining what the deal with FlashChat is.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 28, 2013, 05:55:41 PM
I'll go ahead and send you a PM explaining what the deal with FlashChat is.
K, I ue to use it and this mod on a few old sites and started thinkin about it again. I want to try and find a chat to use on my 2.0.4 sites that lets users chat under their registered names etc like this mod allows. I checked out some of the old IRC chat stuff but didn't really find anything I like. I also like the user pane next to the chat window among a few other features offered by this mod and FC.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

ElectroPheonix

Hi,

I've had Flashchat 5.0.4 for ages. I had it integrated to the forum (I think I somehow used the integration mod with a bit of other code) but when I updated to smf 2 (now 2.0.4, Coalblack theme) some time ago, the integration wouldn't work so I gave up. The chat still works but since people can't see who is in the chat rooms, activity has declined. All I want is to get this to show up in the info centre  :laugh:.

Quote from: Joey Smith™ on January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM
"Users Online" display:

Has anyone managed to use the integration code from this mod to integrate other chat versions to SMF 2+ ? If so, could you please enlighten a lost soul.

Thanks.

Advertisement: