News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

FancyBox 4 SMF

Started by Bugo, January 12, 2012, 04:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

I just encountered a bug that apparently was caused by this mod.

In one topic, a user used the following image with img tags
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/af290/DJ7FLAME/BUZZFEED%20CAT11_zpspul8q1jf.png

It was the 5th post in that topic and it somehow prevented the remaining posts & HTML elements/scripts from loading/showing.

You cannot view this attachment.

When I disabled "Processing of images that inserted with the [img] tag", posts and everything else would get displayed just normal again.

Firefox's DevTool did not show any error/debug logs that could have hinted at the issue.

Any idea what might causing that behavior?

Bugo

Can you enable that option again and provide a link to the post with this image?

Julius_2000

Yes of course!

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,353.0.html

Interestingly, after I disabled FB, I deleted the bbc image tags from the link in order to make the page readable again while FB still enabled. But after you suggested show you the link, I wanted to add those img tags again so you could see, it wouldn't execute the script for editing (neither quickedit nor modify) and wouldn't save (under modify I also got an error message, but no error log entry). The javascript just wouldn't proceed. After turning FB off again, it worked as expected.

Bugo

Try to copy the "problem" post to a new topic. Repeat the same for the previous and the next (if it exists) posts. Then check those posts with FB.

Julius_2000

Quote from: Bugo on May 22, 2023, 10:37:31 AMTry to copy the "problem" post to a new topic. Repeat the same for the previous and the next (if it exists) posts. Then check those posts with FB.

I copied the link to a new topic in our staff board (hidden from public) three times and enabled FB again. Everything past the topic description head/page nav won't get displayed at all:

Bugo

One question - is the image inserted inside the link or by itself? Is the option enabled "Display thumbnails of images inserted using the [img] tag"? Show your settings please.

I pasted the same image on the test forum, no problem with it - https://demo.dragomano.ru/index.php?topic=328.0

Julius_2000

This time, it's just the image inside the img tags, no additional url tag.

Quote from: Bugo on May 22, 2023, 10:42:31 PMShow your settings please.

Quote from: Bugo on May 22, 2023, 10:42:31 PMis the image inserted inside the link or by itself? Is the option enabled "Display thumbnails of images inserted using the [img] tag"?
I tried various combinations of disabling/enabling options there, but to no avail.

I then replaced the first post's image with a random one from an internet image-link but it's always the one in question that triggers the break in formatting. It seems like it (also?) prevents javascript from loading because when I try to click the top menu, it would re-direct me to the non-java version.
The issue also appears in the Default Theme.

We have FancyB version 1.1.1 still installed on our test forum where there's no issue with said post.

Bugo

If this image does not cause problems on a clean test forum with one FancyBox, then the problem is related to other installed modifications. List the ones you use.

Julius_2000

I may try updating to 1.2.3 on our test forum to see whether there's an issue with that?

Here's our mod list

Bugo

Currently, the latest version is 1.2.4. Try with it. Also, try to test it on your forum without mods 5, 11, and 12 from your list.

Julius_2000

I updated to 1.2.4 (wasn't aware because already did recently check for the latest :) ) and now it works.

Btw, I really like FancyBox because it does look fancy and adds a nice image viewer to the forum! Thanks a lot for that!

MartyHunter

I have a question please. I have just installed this mod, but 90% of images are not clickable (mouse pointer doesn't even change). I tried the settings but not sure I understand them fully. Should this mod work on all images, or only those which are attachments rather than sourced from PostImage and similar external photo hosting sites?
thanks

Bugo

Try to enable option "If the images are inside the links, leave the links untouched".

If it doesn't work, give an example of the link code you are pasting.

MartyHunter

Thanks Bugo. I have turned that on. No immediate difference.
Examples:

forum.thehunterslife.com/index.php?topic=21045.0 - images not clickable, these are attachments
forum.thehunterslife.com/index.php?topic=21053.0 - image not clickable, this is sourced from 3rd party image site (postimage i think)

(Not sure if the server may be caching, so maybe I need to wait 24 hours or something after making the change you suggested?)
thanks again

Bugo

Did you change the default thumbnail settings in any way?

MartyHunter

Ah, yes we did. Don't like those tiny thumbnails so we adjusted things a while back. Attached is an image showing the settings we have. thanks

Arskrigitsioniets

The mod doesn't work with attachments at all on SMF 2.1.4 despite all settings enabled.
UPD: i've read messages above, it works when I enable thumbnails of attachments. Is there a way to make default thumbnails of attachments not showing and make FancyBox working? It doesn't look pretty when I post a message with only image. I could use "display:none", but it will also turn off all other attachments besides images.

Advertisement: