News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberto174

Then can anyone create one ? I'll pay for it !! I really need one

slackerpunk

Quote from: roberto174 on May 25, 2008, 12:09:17 PM
How can i configure the Mod to post the feeds in a pecified Thread, i don't like him to create a separate thread for each item ?

i think i've done that before not sure but I think did it by creating multiple users each user posts on a specific forum

roberto174

Quote from: slackerpunk on May 25, 2008, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: roberto174 on May 25, 2008, 12:09:17 PM
How can i configure the Mod to post the feeds in a pecified Thread, i don't like him to create a separate thread for each item ?

i think i've done that before not sure but I think did it by creating multiple users each user posts on a specific forum

I dont understand !!! Can you explain ?

djpaddystudio7

Hi in the subs-rss.php I found this small code that was under quotes. I unquoted and use it and found that my smf shows a hacking attempt.. :P :P

if ($feed['html'])
{
$msg_body = '[html]' . $msg_body . '[/html]';
preparsecode($msg_body);
}

Anyways anyone figured out any way to add the html tags??? I thought the above thing would help but it didn't.

Twysted

Quote from: roberto174 on May 25, 2008, 12:44:02 PM
Then can anyone create one ? I'll pay for it !! I really need one
pm me and i will do it for you. price is negotiable within reason

glennk

Just downloaded this and it installed with no errors. I have set it up to test with a feed from another area of my site. However I am getting nothing coming through. Initially I got an empty topic. I have made several test posts to the rss feed location but nothing comes through on the forum. There seems to be no related errors in the log. Where will I be going wrong ?

glennk

Hello anybody here ???

I have this installed. I linked it up to a site I knew would have regular upgrades (The BBC News). The feed worked once, posting 10 news items at the weekend then its not worked since. Where could I be going wrong ??

glennk

Helooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rtyug

Quote from: glennk on June 02, 2008, 04:07:36 PM
Hello anybody here ???

I have this installed. I linked it up to a site I knew would have regular upgrades (The BBC News). The feed worked once, posting 10 news items at the weekend then its not worked since. Where could I be going wrong ??

limitations on a site stand probably

glennk

Hi Thanks for your reply its appreciated, I was beginning to think this one was dead. However I dont understand your reply, could you elaborate please. I dont understand how it made some posts and now no matter what I do I cant get it to make any more posts and I know it should be doing as the bbc site is constantly updated.

SpelingMistakes

I have several things to notice and I am in search for answers on those comments and questions

1.   I have my own server – Barton 2800+ – with lots of ram – I can set all what I want which I already done but I didn't succeed to set up my http://www._____.org/cronrss.php - I have it, but simply that wont work. I am on Smf 1.1.5 and all other stuff work good except this. I have solved my problem in a way that I open new tab in firefox and set reload page in 30 min – which than check for feeds and post them on forum – any other idea will be appreciated also – some special program or simply setting good cronrss.php to work as needed

2.   I have lots of rss feeds to check regularly – and that's point – I have several boards which are connected to different feeds – I have 25 of them and I am in need to set more – not now but in future. What that mean – Pulling cronrss.php simply overload my server and it works almost more than 30-40 seconds – maybe even more – more than 60 seconds – that is when I us it - cronrss.php – In case of Use fake Cron jobs server is constantly overloaded – simply clicking trough forum is virtually impossible

3.   Sometime simply nothing happens – when cronrss.php is pulled he works, works works and than noting happened – simply – no new feeds – posts – When I lower number of feeds it work – but where is limitation – under Rss feed poster or – How to check it? How to lover CPU power needed for work?

4.   Sometimes when I set new feed I get errors which are connected to board "where feed will be stored" – If I have two or more levels of boards(firrst / second / third) it shows error – if I put it on beginning in category – errors is not showed  - if it is important to show what exactly I get when I do that – I can reproduce it easily but because of "so sensitive" cronrss.php I will rather do that only if needed – I cant remember what exact error I get – sorry

5.    About feed download meted – I don't understand it – because I dont noticed any change when i change it – Any explanation about that will be apreciated – if needed – becouse i will like to know is it some so good feature or .....

6.   Some Rss feeds simply don't work http://redbannernorthernfleet.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default – Why – I have check them, and it works under some firefox rss feed reader, but under this – on forum – they don't show anything

7.   I have experienced this kind of problems using this mod
•   http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=239990.0
•   http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242345.0
With first topic above mentioned I didn't succeed to solve my problems, but second works charming

8.   After all I will suggest some modifications like for instance
•   I have some rss feeds like this http://feeds.feedburner.com/acw which make problems for me – problems of what kind – I get name of topics and I still get name of  SAME topics but with different number – for instance – Topic, Topic 1, Topic 2 etc – Rss feeder simple read it, and post it – He post it all over again but only numbers of "replays" are different – text in it is exactly the same – I give link if somebody want to check – it will be very easy to understand about what I am talking. That put in position to check every topic and do I have same topic already on board. If I don't have it, I must manually move them to proper board – in this exact case I make one board for receiving and checking, than I must manually move it to proper board. In case that is some old topic, he will have number – and than I manually must change it which is also more and more work time needed only for that – Can that be SOLVED . I have proposal – All those topics which come with numbers come in this type – Topic, Topic (1), Topic (2), Topic(3) etc – Is it possible to person which make this mode to think, and write some code for me which can by written and which will solve my problem – Simply – this mod will check if name of topic have (*) where * is number and if mod find something like that, he will simple jump to the another feed - I think it is possible – If you want you can make some "feature" of this proposal but I will like to check it. It can be implemented into mod which will allow for instance to check for some exact phrase (for instance sex or similar) and if it finds that word or phrase in name of topic it will jump on next – Same thing for my problem – but mod must recognize kind of logic – he must understand that * is number and if I set (***) he must understood that every name of topic which have (  ) and form one to tree numbers in there must be left and not posted on forum.

•   I also have one interesting suggestion – My case offer me position to see what I get when I have lots of posts – but look THIS http://archives.zinester.com/11390/rss.xml I have big problem in this case – I have every name of topic SAME . Solution for this is posting not under board but under one specific TOPIC – Adding possibility to post under some specific ID_TOPIC will solve lots of problems

I hope somebody will read all my "problems" and ideas and suggestions and possible work out something from all those. I am sorry because of so long post

Spel

There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

glennk

Ok I now finally figured something out for myself. Whenever I visit this url I get the posts immediately afterwards.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/cronrss.php

Why am I having to visit the url to get the posts to appear and why do they not appear automatically ? I know a lot of you guys who have helped out in the past with this mod are still active in the forums so please just give a couple of mins help as Ive been stuck with this for over a week now.

christicehurst

For the 4th time I will repeat myself...

I recounted the forum stats a couple times. It shows the post count increases and the post count of the bot user. But the monthly posts for that current period doesn't get updated. Is that somewhere where I can change that?

The createpost doe not work.

I want a answer now.
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

vbgamer45

If you need an answer I do offer paid support starting at $75 an hour for SMF projects.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

christicehurst

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 12, 2008, 10:21:00 AM
If you need an answer I do offer paid support starting at $75 an hour for SMF projects.

I'm sure no one here has paid or a re willing to pay $75 dollars a hour for a mod error.
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

vbgamer45

That's why I now make most of my major mods paid since people can't figure it out and I do not have time to support free mods.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Joe114

I'm having problems with the link "Feed Poster Configuration" displaying in my adminCP. All I get is a space where it should be... Is there a way I can change the template and add the link in? Also, under server settings, my language is set to English only, so that's not the problem. I also put all the RSS Feed Poster text strings into my Modifications.Enlgish.php file, and still nothing....  ::)
- Build your first web site
- Learn PHP, MySQL, CSS and HTML.
- Community Forums

All at http://www.LeetWebmasters.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Are you using a custom theme? If so you need to put in that file as well

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ruaduck

or make sure you are not using modifications.english-UTF8.php   I had to manually add the line to it.  Which was a pretty easy line :)

// Begin RSS FeedPoster Text Strings
$txt['smfrssposter_admin'] = 'Feed Poster Configuration';

// END  RSS FeedPoster

Johno69

8: Undefined offset: 46
File: /home/hustler/public_html/***/forum/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 141

I have this error after going to manage the feeds.

Any idea's?

Seems to be fixed.

I do have another question. Which was requested before.

Can we change the long rss link after each post to be more like "Click here to read more" and link back rather than the full link posted?

Apart from that, great mod... im having cron issues.. and the "Mark Read" doesn't seem to work, but meh... i'll concentrate on one thing at a time.

Also when I put..  http://www.mysite.com/forum/cronrss.php in a crontab is emails me this...

/bin/sh: http://www.mysite.com/forum/cronrss.php: No such file or directory

of course I put my actual site though

Any ideas?

Advertisement: