News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Font and Size Dropdown 1.1

Started by Ferrika, January 23, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaTephi

Quote from: MaryLouW on February 13, 2008, 04:51:09 AM
I have the same question as Matthew.  I can see in the .php files where one can add a font but which fonts can you add?  Do you need to have them installed somewhere?  Is there a set of ''reserved words" used for font names?

For example, if I wanted to install the font Georgia, what would I put in the .php file for names and do I have to install that font somewhere?

The same with font size.  How can you get one larger than 14 points?
Change both the post.english.php and the post.template.php in your themes & languages directories

You can add ANY font installed in your PC's font file.  I added Hebrew, Greek, and some ancient languages.
I also changed the font sizes to 8pt., 12pt. 18pt, & 24 pt.

Just make sure the font is "Installed on Windows" on your PC and when you change the .php files it should work.  Worked for me.

Good luck
Tea
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

MaryLouW

Thanks for the speedy answer.   What I am mostly concerned about is the wording.  For example:

['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';

Can this word be anything you want it to be?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: MaryLouW on February 13, 2008, 04:53:36 PM
Thanks for the speedy answer.   What I am mostly concerned about is the wording.  For example:

['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';

Can this word be anything you want it to be?

The word in red? No I think not. It's a txt string (it calls the words after it), so unless you go through all the files this mod edited and change the string everywhere it occurred then you cannot change it. HOWEVER, the 'Verdana' can be changed, because it is what is displayed when that string is called upon inside a file :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

MaryLouW

Thank you much!!!  I'll try it later today and let you know what happened!  I am assuming I can also remove a font that I don't like.  Interesting thing, that the Haettenschweiler font is not anywhere on my computer. 

It doesn't really make sense to me that it would need to be installed because the module doesn't access my computer for those fonts.  I would love to know where they DO come from though.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: MaryLouW on February 13, 2008, 05:25:12 PM
Thank you much!!!  I'll try it later today and let you know what happened!  I am assuming I can also remove a font that I don't like.  Interesting thing, that the Haettenschweiler font is not anywhere on my computer. 

It doesn't really make sense to me that it would need to be installed because the module doesn't access my computer for those fonts.  I would love to know where they DO come from though.

Theres a font folder in the Themes>Default folder somewhere. I assume that's it. If you find how to add fonts there, let me know, I'd love to customise it :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

MaryLouW

There is a font folder but it doesn't have anything in it that's installed in the font file.  I don't think I'm qualified to figure this one out.  I just installed the program 3 days ago.  Today is day 4.  I really love this software, I just need to dig into it more.

I wonder if we should ask on a different board?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: MaryLouW on February 13, 2008, 05:54:57 PM
There is a font folder but it doesn't have anything in it that's installed in the font file.  I don't think I'm qualified to figure this one out.  I just installed the program 3 days ago.  Today is day 4.  I really love this software, I just need to dig into it more.

I wonder if we should ask on a different board?

I'll take it to coding discussion ;)

MaryLouW

Thanks!  Would appreciate it if you could post findings in this thread.  I am somewhat lost here as this place is huge!!  Haven't learned my way around yet.

Jade Elizabeth

MaryLouW

Actually, I did find that strange font in my windows folder.  I don't think I have it installed but it's in my fonts folder.

I did a google search to see what fonts came with windows so I can pick from that list.  It's pretty slim so I'm just going to pick a few that are on all the windows list.  I hope it works okay!!

Thanks for asking the question on the other board.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: MaryLouW on February 13, 2008, 08:56:01 PM
Actually, I did find that strange font in my windows folder.  I don't think I have it installed but it's in my fonts folder.

I did a google search to see what fonts came with windows so I can pick from that list.  It's pretty slim so I'm just going to pick a few that are on all the windows list.  I hope it works okay!!

Thanks for asking the question on the other board.

It's okay...We tried at least ;)

Kat-2

Ferrika

@Kat-2

Attached the repaired files. Please make a backup of this files, before you upload them.

The problem was the missing Post.english.php. I don't know, why it is not in the original on your space. If you'll have some problems after uploading it without the ~, rename the file again to post.english.php~.

Ferrika
was ich nicht will, das man mir tu, das füg ich keinem andren zu

Kat-2

First off, thank you Ferrika for trying to help me.

Sigh. Okay, I replaced all of the files.

Now, when I first installed this mod I go NO errors, but it was blank.
I am posting an img of that.

So, when I went to uninstall it, I did so, yet it was NOT uninstalled.

Tonight I replaced the files. I still had the 2 blanks.
I reinstalled the mod, and you will see in the 2nd img what I have ended up with.
Not only are there 2 Font Face, and 2 Font Size, they are backwards.

ALL I want to do is get the darn thing fixed, or off my forum...

I have been trying to do this going on a week...daily.

Anyone have a clue?

weightman

Hi, nice mod but I get these errors in the log which seem to relate to this mod:

8: Undefined offset: 532
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 1553

8: Undefined offset: 533
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 1554

Line 1553-1554 of Profile.template.php:

'size' => array('code' => 'size', 'before' => '[size=10pt]', 'after' => '[/size]', 'description' => $txt[532]),
'face' => array('code' => 'font', 'before' => '[font=Verdana]', 'after' => '[/font]', 'description' => $txt[533]),

Thanks

Kat-2

Okay..this is starting to drive me nuts. I wish I had never touched this mod.

No matter what I do..and I am doing everything Ferrika has asked me to do, I CANNOT get this mod off of my forum.

Ferrika you seem to think it is my forum, and maybe so, but, the forum is less than a month old..and I have only installed 3 mods.

The embed video
The Spoiler
The URL

Not a problem at all.

I replaced the files as you said this evening..and I am attaching what I get now.

I try go to uninstall..and before I even get to the ERRORS it says..

QuoteSome of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

I haver modified until I have no clue what to modify anymore.

Then if I move forward to try to uninstall..these are my errors..

Quote./Themes/default/Help.template.php     Test failed

Quote./Themes/default/languages/Manual.english.php Test failed

Quote./Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php Test failed

I have been working on this daily for a week, and I am so frustrated.
I need help. :( :( >:(

Ferrika

@Kat-2

Please replace the files, I've attached at the post before to your Webspace and don't try to install this Mod again. I don't know, what the Mods, you've installed before are changing at this files, but my Mod dosn't work with them.

@weightman

my Mod don't change anything in the Profile.tmplate.php. Nay be, you have installed some Mod that needs the $txt[532] and [533], this are variables, that will deleted with my mod. Thus it can't work at your Forum.
was ich nicht will, das man mir tu, das füg ich keinem andren zu

weightman

Quote@weightman

my Mod don't change anything in the Profile.tmplate.php. Nay be, you have installed some Mod that needs the $txt[532] and [533], this are variables, that will deleted with my mod. Thus it can't work at your Forum.

Cool, I see it. Its a conflict with the signature BBC code bar mod which calls the BBC posting buttons in the forum profile information window. I just added the $txt[532] and [533] strings back in to the post.english.php file so they are there when that mod calls them.

Thanks

Kat-2

Quote from: Ferrika on February 28, 2008, 07:30:14 AM
@Kat-2

Please replace the files, I've attached at the post before to your Webspace and don't try to install this Mod again. I don't know, what the Mods, you've installed before are changing at this files, but my Mod dosn't work with them.

@weightman

The Mod is NOT installed. I replaced the files. I still show 1 blank font face and font size.
So, replacing the files..did not fix it, though it did get rid of 2 of them.

I told what other mods I have installed.

embed video
spoiler
url popup

Those were installed prior to the font one.

So..what now?

Kat-2

Okay, it is fixed. Was a simple matter of editing the post.template.php file manually, which a friend quickly did for me.
;)

Advertisement: