News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 RC1 Now Available

Started by [Unknown], August 10, 2004, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elissen

Quote from: lbyard on August 31, 2004, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: el-brujo on August 25, 2004, 03:47:25 AM
Successful upgraded from Beta 5 Public to RC1 Public, without no problems.....

Finally, urls ends with .htm, google likes that, i'm so sure. That's a good point.

Only seems that spanish languague is not translated completely, i hope in the next days helping in this task.

Thank you for all.

Might be a good point if Google didn't already have all 8,452 topics in my forums indexed with the yabbse url's.
I think [Unknown] said once that SMF is compatitle with Yabb SE URL's (meaning that it understands them) so if you upgrade all existing links still work.
And if you turn on queryless URL's, the "old-style" URL's don't stop working.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Elissen on September 01, 2004, 03:28:40 AM
I think [Unknown] said once that SMF is compatitle with Yabb SE URL's (meaning that it understands them) so if you upgrade all existing links still work.
And if you turn on queryless URL's, the "old-style" URL's don't stop working.

Yup.

-[Unknown]

Vinoth

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 21, 2004, 02:58:00 PM
Quote from: whtgoogle on August 21, 2004, 10:57:11 AM
may be grudge is working on packages and soon be coming to us all.

Let me second this - please stop "stalking" Grudge :P. It's great that you appreciate his hard work, and I assume all of the team's hard work, but too much is too much.

Thanks,
-[Unknown]

yes i like his work, and i appreciate him.

Fasan, u can change the username in admin settings

under View/delete members

go there and edit the username of the user
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

deathshadow

I got the "Load.php(1090)" error, came here, sure enough someone else already encountered it, and fixing it was indeed a no-brainer.

Smoothest upgrade I've ever had for a message board. Big Kudo's from myself and my users on this one.
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies." – C.A.R. Hoare, The 1980 ACM Turing Award Lecture
http://www.cutcodedown.com

Spukkie

Just updated our old Supermod board to SMF RC1. Worked like a charm - no problems at all :)
Big ups to the team!
hxxp:www.begn.be [nonactive]

Vinoth

Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

sneeks

I upgraded and only had one error due to SmartFTP failing to upload all the files i'd requested. Repeated the upload several times and it worked like a dream.

paulheu

Well.. nogo here.. I get this:

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

which is weird because I use an unaltered beta5 install..

and on top of that the board is now completely messed up.. To say I am unhappy is an understatement..  :(

[Unknown]

Quote from: paulheu on September 09, 2004, 06:44:00 PM
Well.. nogo here.. I get this:

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

which is weird because I use an unaltered beta5 install..

Did you upload all the language files from the upgrade zip file?

-[Unknown]

paulheu

yes, using Total Commander (windowsXP). I use TotalCommander for all FTP traffic and never have problems.. now I am stuck with a wrecked forum.. This one just started, so it's no big deal to re-install from scratch, but I have another one running which I will definitely not update just yet..

Still it could be I am jumping the gun and missing something I should have read (in which case may this be a lesson to all..  ;D ),  but I was under the impression it was a matter of copying all files in the upgrade archive over and running upgrade.php (through the browser)..

[Unknown]

Some people have experienced ftp clients eventually not... uploading certain files.

I recommend you manually upload just the Themes/default/languages folder.  If the upgrader still won't work, you might try downloading one of those files, eg. index.english.php, and making sure it's RC1.

In theory, you shouldn't have this trouble - no one else has reported it.

-[Unknown]

paulheu

And todays lesson is..

make sure you install ALL themes, inclusing the extra ones (like Dutch) if you use em..

double Duh..

All good now!  8)

Now if SMF paypal procedure would stop asking for my CC (which I do not have) and just take my money..

The One

Hi,
  I was able to upgrade my SMF 1.9 Beta 5 public to the new SMF 1.0 RC1 however what happens now is that i cannot login to the forum now, only view the posts. I cannot log in as Admin or as any other user either. I keep getting an error saying "Report to admin" (thats funny).
This means that all my members cannot log in now and the others (new members) can no longer join.
I really dont know what to do now. The steps I followed are as follows
1) downloaded the SMF 1.0 RC1 upgrade zip file
2) copied all the files(overwritng the prev) to the server
3) viewed index.php
4) deleted upgrade.php (as per the warning)
5) set the board back from maintenace
6) Logged out and can never log in again.
What should i do?
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

Please upload upgrade.php once again, and access it (instead of index.php, before deleting anything.)  It will give you a "go" button to click, such as to execute the upgrade itself.

-[Unknown]

The One

will try it out and be back soon.
anyway why wasnt any readme etc included?
The problem is choice

The One

just before i start letme get this clear once. All i have to do is
1) upload the files (overwriting the old ones)
2) open the upgrade.php file
3) wait for it to finish and then
4) delete the file after this
is this right?
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

Quote from: The One on September 10, 2004, 05:23:25 PM
just before i start letme get this clear once. All i have to do is
1) upload the files (overwriting the old ones)
2) open the upgrade.php file
3) wait for it to finish and then
4) delete the file after this
is this right?

Yes.

-[Unknown]

The One

it worked out fine. anyway itwould have been easier if there was a readme or somethign else.  :)
The problem is choice

Advertisement: